Quantcast

vivid on team dh

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
the 2002 and 2003 dh teams had remote reservoir shocks. I know that a fifth, manitou and the old RS would fit on those years. It was just a pain since you had to remove the shock to adjust it.

bryman1999

Chimp
Nov 20, 2005
BC
Nah, you don't have to run a remote reservoir, before 04 they came with regular manitou swingers and for 04-05 i guess they realised it was a bitch to do any adjustments so they came out with the remote thing. There is definitely area for a reservoir at the top, I was just wondering if anyone knew if anything would contact it on full compression and that sorta stuff.
like i know a 5th element definitely works, so does anybody know how the vivid reservoir compares in size to that? thanks

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
the 2002 and 2003 dh teams had remote reservoir shocks. I know that a fifth, manitou and the old RS would fit on those years. It was just a pain since you had to remove the shock to adjust it.
Rather than edit my own post, I'll just correct it. I meant to say piggyback shocks on the 2002 and 2003. My brain must have disconnected from my typing fingers. :disgust:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Nah, you don't have to run a remote reservoir, before 04 they came with regular manitou swingers and for 04-05 i guess they realised it was a bitch to do any adjustments so they came out with the remote thing. There is definitely area for a reservoir at the top, I was just wondering if anyone knew if anything would contact it on full compression and that sorta stuff.
like i know a 5th element definitely works, so does anybody know how the vivid reservoir compares in size to that? thanks

sram has blueprints with measurements on their site...with a little care you should be able to see if it fits.

bryman1999

Chimp
Nov 20, 2005
BC
SICK, thanks for the post man thats exactly what i was looking for, now Im stoked on getting a new shock haha

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
stock would be 9.5 X 3 IIRC. 9 X 3 is NOT a common size at all...in fact, it would be a custom item, only available from Avalanche that I know.

DeafTrance

Chimp
Nov 1, 2007
Seattle, WA
The manitou revox and swinger x6 have the 9.0" x 2.75" measurement i believe. Heard that the new revox was a pretty good shock, but it runs for a little more than the vivid does.