Quantcast

Vivid Tune for Session 88

nugget

Monkey
Jul 4, 2006
somewhere near a town
Which tune will fit the Session 88?

According to the charts i would need a 'C' Tune but i've read somewhere that the Vivids on the Session used for the Boxxer launch were a 'B' Tune.

Anyone got any insight?

Heres the chart,
Tunes:
• Tune A: 2.0 - 2.4 Leverage Ratio
• Tune B: 2.4 - 2.85 Leverage Ratio
• Tune C: 2.85 - 3.3 Leverage Ratio

Avg Leverage Ratio for the Session is 2.9

Thanks in advance

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina

According to the charts i would need a 'C' Tune but i've read somewhere that the Vivids on the Session used for the Boxxer launch were a 'B' Tune.

Anyone got any insight?

Heres the chart,
Tunes:

Thanks in advance
I would call Trek or Sram on that one to make sure. Not to many people on here are running the Vivid on the new 88 yet.

Good luck,

Wilson

Chimp
Feb 17, 2007
I would also be interested in knowing wich tune fit the session so if you ever contact Sram or Trek let us know what they said!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
The B tune is really the only one available right now direct from SRAM. The A and C tunes only come OEM right now apparently. I've been trying to get a different tune for a while now with not too much luck.

rowlands

Monkey
Nov 26, 2006
The B tune is really the only one available right now direct from SRAM. The A and C tunes only come OEM right now apparently. I've been trying to get a different tune for a while now with not too much luck.
there available here in canada :biggrin:

[TA]

Chimp
Dec 3, 2008
The Great White North

Anyone got any insight?

Heres the chart,
Tunes:

Thanks in advance
The 88's leverage ratio range is from 3.13-2.57.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Just curious, why not run the dhx that is "custom" tuned for the bike that it comes with? I was under the impression that this is one of the best things about the bike- at least that's what Trek wants us to think..
Is the dhx set-up lacking something major?

nugget

Monkey
Jul 4, 2006
somewhere near a town
Just curious, why not run the dhx that is "custom" tuned for the bike that it comes with? I was under the impression that this is one of the best things about the bike- at least that's what Trek wants us to think..
Is the dhx set-up lacking something major?
The DHX that came stock with the bike is amazing, its one of the best DHX i've tried. I didn't plan on changing it out until after i brought it for service at Fox Service Centre.
The shock came back not the same, it doesn't move out of the way for high speed hits, the rebound is a lot slower then original and all FOX said was, its normal, We didn't change anything.

Now i'm left with any other DHX. Its time for a proper shock. :)

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
The DHX that came stock with the bike is amazing, its one of the best DHX i've tried. I didn't plan on changing it out until after i brought it for service at Fox Service Centre.
The shock came back not the same, it doesn't move out of the way for high speed hits, the rebound is a lot slower then original and all FOX said was, its normal, We didn't change anything.

That sucks they messed it up for you! Slow rebound is a bummer. Hopefully the vivid will straighten it out.

nugget

Monkey
Jul 4, 2006
somewhere near a town
cool, so much for your 'off season' huh. :p

july is only a few months away!
haha, its still the off season for me, got extended another few weeks with me broken wrist. Bummer, got to much time on my hands now. Internet is the culprit for all theses upgrades. haha.

Yeah will you be back in Sept, good time to chill and go on that road trip.:lighten:

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol

Now i'm left with any other DHX. Its time for a proper shock.
I would try to get a) once again a service from them, because they messed it up. I heard that a couple times before. Maybe try to talk to people from trek and let it service from there.
It's not possible, that Fox messed up and you have to buy a new shock to make your bike work!
Or b) try to get a new dhx "Session tuned".

If I'm understanding right, the "serviced" shock you got, is now a standard dhx (standard tune).
If everything else doesn't work out, sell it and get a new "session tuned" shock. Every Trek dealer can order one for you.

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
does anybody know what the session tune actualy is? special shimstack or oil weights or what?
in my part of the world the fox rep is a jerk, the trek rep is a jerk :S

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler

Sounds a lot like they rebuilt it with a totally different viscosity oil. If the valving is the same, that seems to be the most likely culprit. Ask them what oil they used and let us know.

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
not realy the apropriate tread but does anybody have any sugestions about susspension setup?
i have a 2010 session with fox dhx rc4, 500 ti spring and would like to know how many clicks of everything you are running, i am 177 lbs without gear.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
not realy the apropriate tread but does anybody have any sugestions about susspension setup?
i have a 2010 session with fox dhx rc4, 500 ti spring and would like to know how many clicks of everything you are running, i am 177 lbs without gear.
This would be a pretty good place to start :

http://www.trekbikes.com/pdf/2010/suspension/session.pdf

Now a #500 spring seems WAY over sprung for your weight , I cant even get more than 15% sag if I go by Trek's recommended spring for my weight and have to run a step down to get 30%According to Trek you should be running a #450.

Surely you've never measured your sag havent you ?

armada

Monkey
Aug 27, 2010
newer measured sag :D i took the 400 spring and went out to ride, was to soft, but now i cant decide betwen the 450 and 500, so should i go with the 450 and more compresion or 500 with the i9 bearing and less compresion?

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
newer measured sag :D i took the 400 spring and went out to ride, was to soft, but now i cant decide betwen the 450 and 500, so should i go with the 450 and more compresion or 500 with the i9 bearing and less compresion?
what you should do FIRST is to measure your freaking sag bro?!! WOULD you ever go out out and buy fancy shoes without making sure you get the right size? I dont think you would, why you would buy a FANCY bike and not be bothered having the suspensions dialed????

You simply cannot rely on the number off of the spring...9 out of 10 times the spring rates are not accurate and could be off by as much as 50 pounds or even more.

Do this FIRST, then follow Trek's recommendation as a baseline and THEN if you feel like something's not right, figure out exactly what it is you dont like and come back here to ask about it.Right now you question makes no sense at all unless if you asking if running more compression is a good thing in general...??