Quantcast

Volunteers @ the SGDC

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Two weeks and counting until the largest celebration of mountain biking on the Central Coast, the 9th Annual Santa Ynez Valley Classic presented by Platinum Performance starts on May 15th, and we need your continued help and support. All the action takes place at the newly formed Stump Grinder Dirt Club, or the SGDC, off Zaca Station Rd., just north of Los Olivos in Santa Barbara County.

We have plenty of opportunities for you to help, starting (continuing) this weekend with the continued work on our ever expanding trail network (even tomorrow, Friday if anyone can make it). We need to complete the addition of over a dozen new “features” to the new DH run, rake cut weeds and grass from the 11.47 mile SGDC XC course, and tackle the building of a new Pump Track within the confines of Charlotte’s Meadow. We will be there the following weekend as well. Remember after we work in the morning you’re free to ride in the afternoon. Please consider joining us, and if you do decide to show up please bring your own tools, as while the SGDC has some tools if we get a great turnout we’ll run out. Also bring your bike and lunch. Hours both Saturday and Sunday are 8 AM to 12 PM to work (please be prompt) and from Noon to 4 PM to ride. This is a great way for all of you racers that have been asking me to let you pre-ride to do it. :happydance:

Another opportunity will be Thursday the 8th with our annual Moto Day, if you have a 4 stroke motorcycle please join in on the fun of breaking in the XC and new Super D courses. Hours are from 8 AM to 4 PM, only responsible riders please. We have a cap of 15 riders. :monkey:

Then the week of the race our staff will be there Monday through Wednesday setting up the courses, we’ll need help with that as well. :biggrin:

But the big question mark every year is how many event volunteers will make it come race weekend? We need a lot of people to run this event smoothly. This year we’ll have a special volunteer raffle that will dole out some awesome schwag like a Nite Rider Light, Kenda tires and dinner for two at the Vineyard House in Santa Ynez, in addition to the norms of shirts and food to every race weekend volunteer. Free camping for volunteers and their families too. :lighten:

So while I know that most of you receiving this email pay the SGDC staff and myself props “for all you do” and I appreciate that, I can’t do this by myself. So if you or someone you know can spare some time in the next three weeks (we need people to help with clean up too) please forward this email or use the Volunteer Button on the home page and let us know that you want to help us be of service to this awesome sport. You can also contact our Volunteer Director Kim Lyons at volcorsyc@gmail.com.

To tie this up, I just want you all to know that it is truly my pleasure to provide this great event to all of you, and I hope that you continue to attend and have a great time! :cheers:

Enjoy the ride,

Mike Hecker – Owner :redface:
SG Productions – www.ridesb.com
Santa Ynez Valley Classic presented by Platinum Performance – May 15th - 18th, 2008
220 Arden Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
(805) 896-0673
hecktone1@cox.net

PS. NO HALF LAPS THIS YEAR! :bonk: Also, Pro Women XC racer Krista Park of Team Kenda will be hosting a Women’s XC Clinic at no charge on Saturday the 10th @ the SGDC!

tylerpier137

Monkey
Mar 29, 2007
ventura
Another opportunity will be Thursday the 8th with our annual Moto Day, if you have a 4 stroke motorcycle please join in on the fun of breaking in the XC and new Super D courses. Hours are from 8 AM to 4 PM, only responsible riders please. We have a cap of 15 riders. :monkey:

!
What do you have against two-strokes? I know 4-5 people that would wanna come up and ride the XC trails but were all on two-strokes.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Wish I had a motorcycle :(

Btw, Mike...were you at Circuit City the other day? I was walking out the store and back to the shop and thought I saw you and your truck pull up.

m-dub

Chimp
Aug 10, 2006
Those who missed it today (Moto day) they are doing it again tomarrow(Thursday)