Quantcast

Voncooper Update: Attitash Race Report/Video

willem

Monkey
Jan 29, 2005
This past weekend Team Voncooper was at Attitash , NH , for the 6th round of the GES. Attitash is a great place to ride. It is full of tight technical trails that always keep you guessing when the next “pinky smashing” tree will pop out of nowhere.

The race track was really fun, one of the best of the season. It was very right and had a lot going on, but it was very easy to find the flow of the trail. I know everyone there had a great time riding it. There was a great turnout of 150 riders. All the men’s classes were packed full of fast riders. Even in Cat 3 you had to have a great run to get on the box.

Team Voncooper would like to give a big thanks to DHD Promotions for putting on these races. Without Dan and Team Drop, racing would not be where it is on the east coast. Thank you Dan!

Results:
Cat 1 1-18
Hunter Budd, 4th.
Hunter has been struggling this season, but is slowly figuring it out. Way to go Hunter!

Jake Baxter, 5th. Jake is getting the hang of racing against some of the fastest Jr’s in the country.

Cat 1 19-29
Willem Cooper, 8th. Willem Stepped down from racing pro to concentrate on the team and just having fun on the bike. He was very impressed with the competiveness of Cat 1 and really looks forward to pinning it!

Kyle Karpuska, 15th. Kyle was having a blast all weekend, but was unable to pull together the result he was looking for. Keep and eye out for this kid.

Cat 2 1-18
Greg Zlotnick, 6th. Greg is a Moto boy who just understands how to ride a bike. This is Greg’s first season racing bikes. This being his best result yet, I know he is hungry for more!

Cat 2 19-29
Dustin Foudray, 2nd. Dustin actually tried this weekend and it paid off! This may be his last race on the east coast for the summer, as he is heading to Colorado very soon.

Cat 3 Female
Becky Bagley, 1st. Becky has no competition this weekend. We NEED more girls to step up and race!

Video: http://www.pinkbike.com/video/88980/

Big thank you to all the sponsors

Team Voncooper
Mongoose
Mt. Snow VT
Five Ten
e13 components
Smith Optics
Maxxis Tires
Ernie's Cycle Shop
Squirt Chain Lube
Division26
Nema

Last edited:

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
Nice vid, I like how you interviewed a rider other than your team. Even though I ripped on your last video, I was not trying to be mean, like Rufus calling me a d-bag, I just think you make some of the best videos out there. You have a great eye for catching a rider and your editing is amazing, good choices in music too.

I am surprised you moved down, you were hanging with the pro's!!! But, if it means more video's, I will take it, as long as you are still enjoying riding and making the video's. Seems like a full plate.

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
stoked to see you all there! atta boy Willem

I was really impressed with Attitash, it has amazing natural terrain! i rode for over 5 hours after the race and loved the place! the white mountains are amazing!

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Nice Job Willem - Good Video - Great job by the team! The East coast DH community has such a good vibe right now - its really fun to go race every weekend even though I'm getting my A$$ handed to me by my Cat1 40+ crew.

rich

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Nice Job Willem - Good Video - Great job by the team! The East coast DH community has such a good vibe right now - its really fun to go race every weekend even though I'm getting my A$$ handed to me by my Cat1 40+ crew.

rich
Come to the fun side, Rich! Voodoohoo has made comments as such as well...

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Jim...Which one of his internet persona's made such a statement?

I will keep being the "safety valve" for a while, I keep trying to step up my game but so does everyone else.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
sweet video willem! ill be looking forward to your pinnerness in our cat 1 class!

gross is funny as hell, did a handful of runs with him in sol vista till i blew up my knee! sucks.