Quantcast

Voodoo bikes

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
If anyone is interested voodoo bike is now owned by this Japanese company and there 2003 catalog is in Jap and price is in yen.

They look so nice...

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Originally posted by Babar
If anyone is interested voodoo bike is now owned by this Japanese company and there 2003 catalog is in Jap and price is in yen.

They look so nice...
Seriously? I know Trek bought the company name when Voodoo went under, but hadn't heard they sold it. Are the new bikes the original designs?

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
According to a source at eurobike this annoymous jap. company owns it now. We should hear more about it as time passes (interbike ?). Still original Voodoo, joe murray is behind it.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Wow. I didn't hear anything about this. With any luck, they'll honor my original warranty if what I think are cracks in the seat tube on my Wanga, turn out to be cracks in the seat tube.

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
€®i© Wi©to®: The Sobo's still Scandium, the Bizango Reynolds 853, the Bokor Easton UltraLite, etc. The lineup hasn't changed from what it's been in the past, nor have the frame designs or geometry. No more Made in USA, though. Framesets will be available, next to complete bike. Prices for framestes will be higher than they were, however.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Do they have a website up? Are they still using the Ultra-Bob Single Pivot setup of the old Canzo/Zobop? What about the street/slalom hardtail?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Originally posted by Babar
€®i© Wi©to®: The Sobo's still Scandium, the Bizango Reynolds 853, the Bokor Easton UltraLite, etc. The lineup hasn't changed from what it's been in the past, nor have the frame designs or geometry. No more Made in USA, though. Framesets will be available, next to complete bike. Prices for framestes will be higher than they were, however.
They weren't made in the US for the final couple years of the company anyway, they were just "finished" here....or so I'm told.

I don't know for sure, but comparing two frames from different years leads me to believe it's true:
Comparing my friend's Wanga to mine...ok, that sounds weird...anyway, no where on his frame does it say Made in the USA, or anything similar. My older Wanga has a painted Uncle Sam skull and the Words "Handcrafted in the USA."

Doesn't matter. Do you have a link to the info?

I hope they bring back the Nzumbi frame. :cool: