Quantcast

VOREIS at the Asheville Freeride Comp Saturday

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
http://www.mountainsportsfestival.com/pages/events_biking.html

So the promoters asked me if I knew how to get in touch with any pros. I saw that oddly enough his Allride Tour is at Carolina Fatz here in Asheville on Sunday and I got in touch with him.

So he'll be doing the freeride comp on Saturday and demos at Fatz on Sunday. The comp is going to be at the river park and Mike Mooney has built a BIG course. Box Jumps, 1 4 sided, Halfpipe, Spine, Hip to Wall ride , scaffolding with jumps, whoops and a drop.

Mooney is a mastermind with wood so I highly recommend everybody give it a try. The pro field will apparently be fairly small.

Practice all morning long, followed by 5 minute judged sessions around 2pm.
Directions:
From Knoxville or Greenville - Take I-240 East. Take the 2nd Exit (Amboy Rd). Park is on Rt around 300 yards off the exit. River park will be really obvious. NASCAR oval converted to a velodrome with a 2 story pedestrian bridge across the track.

From Winston Salem - Take I40 to exit 47. Turn Rt on Brevard Rd.
At the 1st stop light at I240 overpass, turn Rt and stay in this lane. You will be ON Amboy Rd. Park is on Rt around 300 yards off the exit. River park will be really obvious. NASCAR oval converted to a velodrome with a 2 story pedestrian bridge across the track.

Please post in other regional forums. The promoter is really not e-savvy.
Butch