Quantcast

voter fraud

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Oh... maybe this is the eroding right eaterofdog is referring to? Republicans better hurry up; the rich are growing richer but they are not making babies fast enough.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Hell hath no fury like a (closeted?) Republican scorned?

In the deposition, released to the press yesterday, Greer mentioned a December 2009 meeting with party officials. “I was upset because the political consultants and staff were talking about voter suppression and keeping blacks from voting,” he said, according to the Tampa Bay Times. He also said party officials discussed how “minority outreach programs were not fit for the Republican Party,” according to the AP.
Since he's being sued by the GOP for embezzlement he does have reason to, uh, "massage" the truth, but a 600+ page deposition given in court usually does at least have the fear of perjury to keep people at least somewhat honest.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
More voter fraud from the GOP:

http://gawker.com/5953143/authorities-arrest-gop-contractor-for-throwing-away-voter-registration-forms

Several days after a man was spotted in Harrisonburg, Virginia, allegedly discarding several completed voter registration forms in a private home accessory store dumpster, deputies in Rockingham County arrested a 31-year-old Pennsylvania resident affiliated with the Republican Party of Virginia and charged him with multiple felonies in connection with the incident.

Colin Small is reportedly employed by Pinpoint, a firm hired by the Virginia GOP to register voters. He was charged with four counts of destroying voter registration forms, eight counts of failure to disclose voter registration forms, and one count of obstruction of justice.

More charges could be forthcoming.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
uh, he was doing this b/c *it's in his job description* (distributing mail)

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Funny. Not ha-ha funny.
SEATTLE -- Polls show the race for governor is still neck and neck with less than a week before the election.

The race is so close that one candidate's team is actually going door to door in some neighborhoods and offering to take voters' ballots off their hands.

With 1,177,000 voters, King County is critical to the governor's race, and it's a county Democrats must win big if Jay Inslee is to come out on top.

Democrats have made 3 million phone calls and rang more than 1 million doorbells for their candidate, but Republicans know the stakes, too.

GOP volunteers are going door to door in east King County, and they're offering a unique service.

It was Wednesday night that two men showed up at Steve McDonald's door to let him know they'd take his ballot to be counted.

"It was Halloween. There's a lot of tricksters around the neighborhood. I was thinking it was a joke, but they had a very serious look on their face," McDonald said.

The men offered to mail his ballot for him. As it turns out, McDonald had already voted, so the men left. Still, he said it was an odd experience.

"After someone leaves, you're kind of like, did I just get bamboozled? I didn't get bamboozled because they didn't take my ballot, but they sure knew a lot of information about me," he said.

McDonald even called the FBI to make sure the practice was legal. The men also showed up at Jaime Oberg's home, where they received a similar reaction.

"They said they were representatives of the Republican party and they offered to turn in my ballot," Oberg said. "I chuckled and thought, these guys are up to no good."

The men weren't lying. They actually were from the Republican party, and they even called King County Elections to let them know what they were doing,.

"It is not prohibited by law. There is no a law prohibiting that activity, (but) we always recommend against it," said Sheril Huff of King County Elections.

The party told elections officials they planned on dropping the ballots in a drop box. One hundred GOP volunteers will be out again on Monday and maybe Tuesday, and they say getting the vote out is especially critical this year.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/As-election-nears-state-GOP-using-unique-tactics-177044901.html

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
How much of a big deal is it to require a driver's license (rather than just "ID")?

Here's all you have to do in the state I'm in now: Get a birth certificate, paystub or residential bill, and present your social security card. For someone that doesn't just have BCs to pull out of their a$$, it can be around $70 or so to get a copy, considering the cost, shipping, the required notarizing, etc. But is it over? Maybe. I went down to the DMV and they wouldn't take my SS card. I have my SS card, which was laminated when I was like 8, my FEDERAL issued ID, BC, additional forms of official ID, and they threw a fit and wouldn't accept it. So I had to take time off from work to go to the SS office and apply for a new card.

I also had to go to another state for training when I got here and started working, so I wasn't able to "convert" over during the election, so as far as the election was concerned, I was "stateless".

In this day and age, this kind of BS is ridiculous. The government has databases and if you provide reasonable ID proof, that should be enough, and in fact that's what the laws are right now. If you're a working parent, everything can be stacked against you, and you might have to choose between groceries or getting a birth certificate, or getting fired for having to take time off work.

And worst of all, a republican legislator up here is trying to push a Drivers License ID law...and we have villagers all over the state (Alaska) that are not issued photo IDs, because their villages are considered private land, so they get a card which says they can drive in the village. This is an obvious attempt to try and disenfranchise them, and it makes me sick. The burden should be on the government in this case, not on the individual. We can pay bills, even taxes online, but can't vote or have them just verify their database with any reasonable ID?

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.