Quantcast

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Palin's response to the question about the mortgage crisis was, "I want to talk about energy."

:confused:

Her lack of experience with the war and foreign policy was painfully obvious. Biden gave specific, detailed answers, while Palin just offered up general statements and stories about Alaska.

And jesus christ, she dropped the "hockey mom" term five minutes into the damn debate. :huh:

Still, she seemed composed and did ok, but just didn't really tell us anything.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm ashamed of my state. The girl didn't answer one question and yet according to a poll on channel 7 news in MA, 59% thought Palin won, WTF?????
So now the north east has caught up with the south in regards to the level of stupid people in the state.

hehehe

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
it's what i do now... ride mt bikes.

Oh! i'll be up ur way next weekend.. you can buy me a six pack and bring it to Devils Den
hmmm....maybe a little downhill would be in order...my xc bike is out off commission and i'm the worst shape i've been in, in years.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
It was boring, quite honestly. Biden was too busy worrying how not to appear condescending or bullying to do anything but McCain bash. She answered questions about the credit crisis with energy. Iffil was so worried about being viewd as biased that she let Palin steer the debate questions and Joe just smiled (Can I call ya Joe?)

One thing that caught me in a response from Biden was during the answer in regards to the restructured bankruptcy laws. He said that he and Obama favored allowing bankruptcy judges not only renegotiate interest amounts for homeowners facing foreclosure, but also renegotiating principle as well. WTF? Lower the amount of money someone owes on their house? I need to research this, but this is one of those points that slips by in a debate that focused all on the hockey mom with the gosh darn its and ya knows.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I cannot believe that just because Palin didn't crash and burn that people said she actually "won" the debate....in DH bike racing terms, that's like me saying that just because I didn't crash on my run that I won! Finally! Woo Hoo!

She didn't stumble. She can clearly now hold the official title of a "Talking Head" - good memorization skillz, but that's about it.

My fav was the question on each candidate's achilles heal - she instead went on to talk about her strengths instead....

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
It was boring, quite honestly. Biden was too busy worrying how not to appear condescending or bullying to do anything but McCain bash. She answered questions about the credit crisis with energy. Iffil was so worried about being viewd as biased that she let Palin steer the debate questions and Joe just smiled (Can I call ya Joe?)

One thing that caught me in a response from Biden was during the answer in regards to the restructured bankruptcy laws. He said that he and Obama favored allowing bankruptcy judges not only renegotiate interest amounts for homeowners facing foreclosure, but also renegotiating principle as well. WTF? Lower the amount of money someone owes on their house? I need to research this, but this is one of those points that slips by in a debate that focused all on the hockey mom with the gosh darn its and ya knows.
I think it was the smart thing to do.

This debate was not going to win the election for Obama. The people who think Palin is an idiot still think Palin is an idiot with her canned, irrelevant responses.

Very few people are going to change their vote based on this debate unless something dramatic occurred. Palin is stupid but she has done well in other debates by staying very general.

However, one thing that would be a disaster would be if Biden tore her a new one and then sympathy went out to the Republican can.

I think it was wise not to attack a person who is down already. It makes Biden look good and more importantly, keeps Palin from looking any better.

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
Sarah Palin's closing remarks should have been '....Live from New York, its Saturday Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!'

Would have made more sense than the dribble she was spouting off all night.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
One thing I hate is the spin.

I watched Fox News and they have it as a huge victory, 1 out of 3 undecided voters now for McCain.

I also heard a New Mexico Rep., a Republican, say how Palin's performance was a breathe of fresh air.

Mostly from the Dems they comment about the canned responses and how this debate did not hurt McCain, both of which I agree with.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
One thing I hate is the spin.

I watched Fox News and they have it as a huge victory, 1 out of 3 undecided voters now for McCain.

I also heard a New Mexico Rep., a Republican, say how Palin's performance was a breathe of fresh air.

Mostly from the Dems they comment about the canned responses and how this debate did not hurt McCain, both of which I agree with.
Giuliani said it was the best performance ever by a VP or even presidential candidate... :crazy:

The republicans came out and said the exact same thing about McCain's performance last week, and look how that turned out. So far polls are definitely giving the night to Biden, which gives me hope that the American people don't take a wink and a smile as winning points in the debate...

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i just watched the first 5 min of the debate. i had to turn it off to go vomit when i heard palin's first remarks about going to a soccer game to ask the parents about the economy.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Giuliani said it was the best performance ever by a VP or even presidential candidate... :crazy:
I wonder if he thought the best part was when she got the name of the general in charge of Afghanistan wrong or her circular logic in arguing against putting another Washington insider in office when her running mate has been there since forever. :poster_oops:

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
She followed her instructions to the 'T' and her handlers must be proud of the job they did.
Unfortunately there was a leak in the logic stream that they emparted on dear Sarah. Here's tha goods...

Now that she's spoken 'directly to the 'merican people', they are going to keep her as far away from real questions as possible.
Bye Sarah...

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Was it just me or did she start to cry about 20-25 minutes in? I've got to recheck the tape, but I'm pretty sure she lost it and it seemed to have nothing to do with the line of questioning...

Also, I get such the heebie-jeebies from someone who can deliver really blatant insults with a huge smile and nose wrinkle... I feel like that kind passive aggression is going to give lots of people high-school flashbacks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
And 30% of the country will support her because of this.
People are ****ing idiots. Did you see the approval graph that CNN shows during the debate? Palin would go and say something and as long as the smiled and said the all the PC words the approval graph went up. Biden would go and take the exact opposite stand and as long as he spoke well the approval graph would top out. How the **** can people approve of both sides of pretty much every argument?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Don't forget something important: Obama is 6 points up on McCain.

If Barack was down, then Biden has to attack. But as the leader, you just don't want to blow it.

Palin will continue to look stupid on her own.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
People are ****ing idiots. Did you see the approval graph that CNN shows during the debate? Palin would go and say something and as long as the smiled and said the all the PC words the approval graph went up. Biden would go and take the exact opposite stand and as long as he spoke well the approval graph would top out. How the **** can people approve of both sides of pretty much every argument?
You mean all those words meant something?

It's a fvcking presentation and nothing else to too many people.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
I did enjoy Biden calling her out on that. When you vote inline with the current admin 90% of the time, how is that being a Maverick?
Well, when the president will leave the office with the lowest approval rating of all time, you have to be a maverick to vote with him

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Don't forget something important: Obama is 6 points up on McCain.

If Barack was down, then Biden has to attack. But as the leader, you just don't want to blow it.

Palin will continue to look stupid on her own.
Indeed, I also found it beneficial that she didn't completely crash and burn. At her current level of stupid she's incredibly damaging to the McCain campaign, but she didn't fvck up enough to get axed from the ticket...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Indeed, I also found it beneficial that she didn't completely crash and burn. At her current level of stupid she's incredibly damaging to the McCain campaign, but she didn't fvck up enough to get axed from the ticket...
And on that point, I saw a few occasions where Biden could have punched her in the pussy and held back.

"that's like waving a white flag to our enemies"

Bltch, please......did you forget who's sitting at the other end of the stage?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Post-debate interview with FixedNews said:
Her performance at Thursday night's debate was widely viewed as a recovery from her interviews of the past week and a return to the confident persona she projected at the Republican National Convention a month ago.

Asked about claims that she was being sequestered and over-managed by McCain staffers over the past week, she said: "Well I beg to differ with the notion that I was reined in in any way, but if there was any of that, it's over."
I hope so. Imagine the stupidity out of her mouth if left unchecked.

Wait until she goes on Meet The Press.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/03/palin-disputes-michigan-pullout-takes-second-stab-gotcha-questions/

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
From that link:

Asked by Couric to name the periodicals she reads, Palin repeatedly declined. She also would not name any Supreme Court decisions she disagreed with, other than the Roe v. Wade abortion ruling.

Palin told FOX News on Friday that she reads the same newspapers and magazines as everyone else, "including The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal and The Economist."

She said she "shouldn't have been so flippant" on the Supreme Court question. "I can cite a lot of cases that I absolutely disagree with the Supreme Court on."

She cited the June decision that child rapists cannot be executed, as well as the 2005 decision that local governments can seize private land for purposes of economic development.

Much like after getting her final back with an F, the young co-ed walks into the professor's office and claims, after the fact, that she really did know all the answers. If only she had the questions in advance and had time to study, she would have had an A!

Transparent bull****.

You ask me those questions, and I can tell you that I read the Economist every week, the WSJ a couple of times a week (I subscribe, but that's mostly for the archive) and I occasionally glance at the NY or LA Times online. I certainly wouldn't say I read every paper. You know, all of them...

I can also name that Supreme Court decision. Kelo...had she been paying a tiny bit of attention she could have named Hamdan as well. That's fish in a ****ing barrel for a Republican politician, isn't it?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
From that link:

Asked by Couric to name the periodicals she reads, Palin repeatedly declined. She also would not name any Supreme Court decisions she disagreed with, other than the Roe v. Wade abortion ruling.

Palin told FOX News on Friday that she reads the same newspapers and magazines as everyone else, "including The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal and The Economist."

She said she "shouldn't have been so flippant" on the Supreme Court question. "I can cite a lot of cases that I absolutely disagree with the Supreme Court on."

She cited the June decision that child rapists cannot be executed, as well as the 2005 decision that local governments can seize private land for purposes of economic development.
I wouldn't even be concerned which Supreme Court decisions she knows. I'd ask her as a follow up, what kind of legal views are you looking for from from future justices? Hammer her on her opinion, not the facts (because it has been already established she knows nothing).

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
One more thing: how did her comments about the VP role and Cheney's expansion of executive power go unnoticed by the media.

I wish Biden had been even more forceful on this one. Not only is she already squatting over the constitution (with all of the wonderful media fodder that such an act produces), this is one more indication that she's power hungry and counting the days until McCain (you may remember him as the second half of the Palin-McCain ticket) kicks the bucket.

Last edited:

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
You ask me those questions, and I can tell you that I read the Economist every week, the WSJ a couple of times a week (I subscribe, but that's mostly for the archive)

One more thing: how did her comments about the VO role and Cheney's expansion of executive power go unnoticed by the media.
man sized safe

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
One more thing: how did her comments about the VO role and Cheney's expansion of executive power go unnoticed by the media.

I wish Biden had been even more forceful on this one. Not only is she already squatting over the constitution (with all of the wonderful media fodder that such an act produces), this is one more indication that she's power hungry and counting the days until McCain (you may remember him as the second half of the Palin-McCain ticket) kicks the bucket.
Yeah, didn't she say something along the lines that she wished the VP had more authority ?

Clearly McCain pandered to her ego by picking her for VP.

You could see it in her eyes and hear the insincerity in her voice when she responded to the question of how she would govern if something happened to McCain. " Oh yeah that...would be terrible...if something happened to him..."

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
One more thing: how did her comments about the VP role and Cheney's expansion of executive power go unnoticed by the media.

It was mentioned on Maddow's show. I think most people are not worried about a power grab by Palin. First McCain needs to win the election, two, I don't think she has the brains to manipulate the Constitution.