Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It was mentioned on Maddow's show. I think most people are not worried about a power grab by Palin. First McCain needs to win the election, two, I don't think she has the brains to manipulate the Constitution.
What's worse is I don't think she has the brains to stop others from doing it (same issue with GWB). She just signs the checks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It was mentioned on Maddow's show. I think most people are not worried about a power grab by Palin. First McCain needs to win the election, two, I don't think she has the brains to manipulate the Constitution.
As Bush showed you don't need brains to manipulate the Constitution. You just need to have people with brains working form you to manipulate the constitution. Actually it probably helps not to understand the long term results of said manipulation.

A dumb leader with really smart 'people' is a very dangerous thing.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Don't forget something important: Obama is 6 points up on McCain.

If Barack was down, then Biden has to attack. But as the leader, you just don't want to blow it.

Palin will continue to look stupid on her own.
Didn't a candidate lose the presidential election once due to a non-campaign based on pretty much that exact theory? Several decades back.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
" not used to the ways you guys operate in washington"
Cirroc: [ stepping out] It's just "Cirroc", your Honor.. and, yes, I'm ready. [ approaches the jury box ] Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW.. and run off into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my fax machine, I wonder: "Did little demons get inside and type it?" I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. But there is one thing I do know - when a man like my client slips and falls on a sidewalk in front of a public library, then he is entitled to no less than two million in compensatory damages, and two million in punitive damages. Thank you.

Announcer: This has been "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer". Join us next week for another episode. Here's a scene.

Cirroc: Thank you! Thank you very much, thank you! First of all, let me say how happy I am to be your nominee for the United States Senate! [ applause ] You know.. thank you.. I don't really understand your Congress, or your system of checks and balances.. because, as I said during the campaign - I'm just a caveman! I fell on some ice, and later got thawed out by scientists. But there is one thing I do know - we must do everything in our power to lower the Capitol Gains Tax. Thank you!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Kelo...had she been paying a tiny bit of attention she could have named Hamdan as well. That's fish in a ****ing barrel for a Republican politician, isn't it?
yes, it is.
kelo is the first that came to mind for me
Thomas Dewey.

Sheesh, a Limey teaching the septics about US history, whatever next...
should we now be crucified on a cross of gold?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
As a nation? I think it's out of the question financially, maybe a cross of paper?
i was making a century's old wm jennings bryan joke.

i s'pose only a fellow torrie tosser would have got it

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
henry rollins had a great piece in one of his books about hope being the most dangerous drug....
Why should I listen to an overcompensating fag who can't even admit his own sexuality?

Obama could do nothing but sleep for the next four years and it would be an improvement. So I "hope" he wins. That's about it.

enghh enghhh enghhh???? (thanks samirol, I'll be doing that all day)

enggghhh??

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
Yeah if McCain gets elected that is guaranteed:

- Right to Abortion Gone
- Privatized Social Security

+ all the other retardation to follow...

All Obama has to do is Maintain the status quo and we are better off for it.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin

- Right to Abortion Gone

But you'll also have four excellent years with the Daily Show and Saturday Night Live doing Sarah Palin impersonations...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003

- Right to Abortion Gone

retardation, possibly - but your 2 specific predictions would be absolutely intractable. if anything, the legal decision to abort would be a states' rights issue, but not outlawed, if for the only reason that it's arguably necessary to save the life of the would-be mother in rare circumstances. hard to make a pro-life argument when no one gets out alive.

as far as privatizing ss, i think this summer's stock market woes has sealed that fate
All Obama has to do is Maintain the status quo and we are better off for it.
who was it who said "we can't afford more of the same"?

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
Women that don't support Palin are going to hell

Palin regaled the cheering crowd with a story about how she was reading her Starbucks mocha cup yesterday, which featured a quotation from former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright.

“Now she said it, I didn’t,” Palin said of Albright. “She said, ‘There’s a place in Hell reserved for women who don’t support other women.’”

The crowd roared its approval, but according to several sources, Albright actually said, “there’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.”

“OK, now thank you so much for receiving that well—I didn’t know how that was going to go over,” Palin told the southern California crowd. “And now California, let’s see what a comment that I just made how that is turned into whatever it’ll be turned into tomorrow in the newspaper.”

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
retardation, possibly - but your 2 specific predictions would be absolutely intractable. if anything, the legal decision to abort would be a states' rights issue, but not outlawed, if for the only reason that it's arguably necessary to save the life of the would-be mother in rare circumstances. hard to make a pro-life argument when no one gets out alive.

as far as privatizing ss, i think this summer's stock market woes has sealed that fate
who was it who said "we can't afford more of the same"?
More of the same is the antithesis of progression, something that even the status quo is better than.

That's how I see it anyway.

Not that my fingers aren't crossed for a progressive government to reverse the regressive policies of the last 8 years...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
ペイリン氏、終始攻勢で難関乗り切る=首長経験強調