Quantcast

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
... the total very serious for realz thread.

I got a dollar that says Palin snaps, hits the panic button and starts praying out loud and speaking in tongues.

I've seen it happen before. An ex-roommate of mine in college pulled that when I was trying to discuss an issue regarding our dorm room.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The best thing for Palin is if Biden acts like a jerk-off: mean responses, condescending attitude, or just "Wat?".

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I am making popcorn. This is going to be glorious.

What i honestly don't get, is why more voters are calling this dynamic duo or morons out for avoiding all questions and simply making things up? It's amazing when the media has to ask for "specific examples" over and over again and these 2 have no answers...yet no one seems to care?

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
I am making popcorn. This is going to be glorious.

What i honestly don't get, is why more voters are calling this dynamic duo or morons out for avoiding all questions and simply making things up? It's amazing when the media has to ask for "specific examples" over and over again and these 2 have no answers...yet no one seems to care?
You are so smart. Biden knows absolutely nothing about anything, just like Palin. They're like the same person except one swings down below.:rolleyes:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Uhh, no. You should read your own links.

Biden was first elected to the Senate in 1972, and became the fifth-youngest senator in U.S. history. He was re-elected to the Senate in 1978, 1984, 1990, 1996, and 2002, and has served for the sixth-longest period among current senators.
She was elected governor of Alaska in November 2006
Also, Biden can answer simple questions like: "what newspapers do you read?" as well as "what does the vice president do?"

Also, for comedy:

This woman is dumb as a post.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Uhh, no. You should read your own links.

Also, Biden can answer simple questions like: "what newspapers do you read?" as well as "what does the vice president do?"

Also, for comedy:

This woman is dumb as a post.
I totally agree with you. Thought you were saying Paltard was the same as Biden. :poster_oops:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
i think she's very average
bingo.

for anyone who went to public school in rural america, think back and try to remember the folks that were in the middle of their class.

yeah, them.

unfortunately, that means half the country thinks she's a high-performer.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
Here's the way it's going to go down. Unfortunately.

Biden has been around for a long time and has a few skeletons in his closet. Not that he's been caught in an airport bathroom or anything, but there are a few contravecial votes in his record, and for the past few days, Palin has been studying all of them.
Her responses will consistently be attacks on Joey and will attempt to show how a vote against something in 1990 shows how he wants to raise your taxes.

Her awswers will go a lil sumpin like this...

Repeat the question in statement form, saying that "as VP John McCain and I will fight to make that happen. Unlike my opponent who voted to (instert irrelevance from 1990 here) which clearly shows he doesn't have the executive experience needed to lead."

This is going to make me bang my head against the wall, and Joe will want to go over and slap her in the face. Gwen will too, but their whole game plan is to make Joe seem like he is being condescending or short with the female candidate.
The GOP flapping heads will then use this as fodder to promote a false sexism of Biden to take the debate and it's results even further away from the issues. If that's even possible.

Keep in mind Joe Biden wrote the law that allows women to sue their male abusers. Is that the senate speach that Palin heard in 2nd grade?

Joe will have to keep his cool and stick to message to pull this one out. As much as I'd like to see him crush her intellectually, like he could, I don't see it happening.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Biden has been around for a long time and has a few skeletons in his closet. Not that he's been caught in an airport bathroom or anything, but there are a few contravecial votes in his record, and for the past few days, Palin has been studying all of them.
Her responses will consistently be attacks on Joey and will attempt to show how a vote against something in 1990 shows how he wants to raise your taxes.

Her awswers will go a lil sumpin like this...

Repeat the question in statement form, saying that "as VP John McCain and I will fight to make that happen. Unlike my opponent who voted to (instert irrelevance from 1990 here) which clearly shows he doesn't have the executive experience needed to lead."

This is going to make me bang my head against the wall, and Joe will want to go over and slap her in the face. Gwen will too, but their whole game plan is to make Joe seem like he is being condescending or short with the female candidate.
The GOP flapping heads will then use this as fodder to promote a false sexism of Biden to take the debate and it's results even further away from the issues. If that's even possible.

Keep in mind Joe Biden wrote the law that allows women to sue their male abusers. Is that the senate speach that Palin heard in 2nd grade?

Joe will have to keep his cool and stick to message to pull this one out. As much as I'd like to see him crush her intellectually, like he could, I don't see it happening.
I do believe you are correct.

It's likely that the entire debate will be biden correcting palin on endless 'neener neener' jabs. Worked for mccain in the last debate, and he can even talk policy and history to some degree. Attacks are really all palin has........founded in reality or not.

Personally I think all this talk about biden having to be polite to the lady is bullshlt. She's a competitor. She's up for the job and she's grossly inadequate. Have at 'er

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Personally I think all this talk about biden having to be polite to the lady is bullshlt. She's a competitor. She's up for the job and she's grossly inadequate. Have at 'er
He just has to be calm and intelligent and she will stumble over her own words. He needs to let her get backed into a corner like she was in the TV interviews and she will tear herself to shreds.

I don't think she is average. Your average woman (or man) can at least answer a question. I think she is a fvcking idiot. Like Dan Quail with a snatch.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle

It's likely that the entire debate will be biden correcting palin on endless 'neener neener' jabs. Worked for mccain in the last debate, and he can even talk policy and history to some degree. Attacks are really all palin has........founded in reality or not.

Keep teh misogyny in yer pants...

:D

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA

:stupid: x 2

If you've ever seen any snippets of any of her previous Alaskan debates she really just skirts (ok well just plain doesn't answer them) around questions and attacks her opponent. Unfortunately, Joe and Jane citizen being lazy just hear buzz words as opposed to trying to understand the circumstances as to why politicians make or made the decisions they do, so I think an unlikely amount of people will be impressed with her debate.

It's kind of sad that it seems like this election is shaping up to be one that more people partake and are opinionated in, yet the voter knowledge, education, and complacency is still piss poor.

I pray

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
If she truly wants to be the VPOTUS, then all issues of gender are out the window. She is not a woman, she is a candidate to be in line for the most powerful position in the world. Polite my ass, Biden needs to rip her head off and **** down her neck.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Her answers will go a lil sumpin like this...

:stupid: x 2

If you've ever seen any snippets of any of her previous Alaskan debates she really just skirts (ok well just plain doesn't answer them) around questions and attacks her opponent. Unfortunately, Joe and Jane citizen being lazy just hear buzz words as opposed to trying to understand the circumstances as to why politicians make or made the decisions they do, so I think an unlikely amount of people will be impressed with her debate.

Most of us on here would agree that Palin is grossly under qualified to be VP. However her non-answer tactics are executed in such a way that they appear to be valid responses to the average American. Many people are fooled by long winded responses that are structured with language and arrogance that resembles an answer. If you repeat the same unintelligible nonsense with enough confidence and conviction, someone will believe you. Unfortunately these people vote.

Anything Biden says tonight is going to be heavily scrutinized by the opposition. McCain's reason for choosing Palin will be evident in tonight's debate. He knows that the Democrats will be unwilling to take her to task for fear of negative back lash.

I agree that her gender should not be a factor in the debate. Biden should be as hard on her as he would/could any male candidate because on a global stage where it counts most, the VP needs to be able to withstand a tremendous amount of pressure and emerge unaffected. However this is still an election and the risk of offending voters needs to be minimized. Which is truly unfortunate for the US as a whole. Our best interests are not being represented by the out come of a purely political move by choosing someone so under qualified as Palin.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
The McCain camp already has a TV ad about Biden the gaffe machine..

funniest gaffe..

"Stand up Chuck. Let them see you! Oh, God love you, what am I talking about?" Biden is shown saying at a campaign event last month to a man in a wheelchair.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Most of us on here would agree that Palin is grossly under qualified to be VP. However her non-answer tactics are executed in such a way that they appear to be valid responses to the average American. Many people are fooled by long winded responses that are structured with language and arrogance that resembles an answer. If you repeat the same unintelligible nonsense with enough confidence and conviction, someone will believe you. Unfortunately these people vote.

Has anybody else here seen the Mike Judge movie "Idiocracy"? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

Plot said:
Plot:Private Joe Bauers, the definition of "average American", is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program. Forgotten, he awakes 500 years in the future. He discovers a society so incredibly dumbed-down that he's easily the most intelligent person alive.

That's where we are heading. It's really sad that arguably the most important leadership position in the world could be run by dumb and dumber (McCain and Palin). All this talk of Palin reaching out to Joe Sixpack has me on edge. Joe Sixpack doesn't need to be running a country. Smart people schooled at the best universities need to be running our country.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Our best interests are not being represented by the out come of a purely political move by choosing someone so under qualified as Palin.
This keeps getting brought up over and over, and not saying I disagree with Palin not being the best choice, but again, what exactly constitutes being qualified to be a VP??
The President and VP are 2 jobs where there is no on the job training (as in someone could be a state senator before running for US senator) Pretty sure as long as she's 35 or older, born a US citizen and lived in the country 14 years, she's qualified to 'run' for VP.

What will qualify her to BE vpotus will be if she and her running mate garner more electoral college votes Nov 4.

Qualified is different than deserving or best choice or most likely to succeed.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Smart people schooled at the best universities need to be running our country.
Seriously?

Pretty sure that's NOT what they had in mind when the penned out the Constitution. College degree or education does NOT an effective leader make.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This keeps getting brought up over and over, and not saying I disagree with Palin not being the best choice, but again, what exactly constitutes being qualified to be a VP??
The President and VP are 2 jobs where there is no on the job training (as in someone could be a state senator before running for US senator) Pretty sure as long as she's 35 or older, born a US citizen and lived in the country 14 years, she's qualified to 'run' for VP.

What will qualify her to BE vpotus will be if she and her running mate garner more electoral college votes Nov 4.

Qualified is different than deserving or best choice or most likely to succeed.
VP job qualifications should be the same as the Pres , especially when your running mate has death standing on his front porch.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
VP job qualifications should be the same as the Pres , especially when your running mate has death standing on his front porch.
Absolutely! But again, how can you take something subjective and turn it into a metric for determining qualification?

Until we amend the Constitution to include a hard list of requirements, it's a moot point.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Absolutely! But again, how can you take something subjective and turn it into a metric for determining qualification?

Until we amend the Constitution to include a hard list of requirements, it's a moot point.

I propose an ammendment that prevents ****ing morons from becoming POTUS or VPOTUS.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I don't want a dumb sh1t as VP or as pres. We've had a dumb sh1t in office for 8 years and look where we are.

Get the bible thumping fvcktards out before the New Dark Ages overtake us all. There is still time.

Give me an arrogant elitist any day.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
How about knowing what the current admin's doctrine is or being able to list what magazines you read on a regular basis. You know, BASIC sh1t.