Quantcast

Vuelta Excalibur Freeride Wheels

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Sorry, that this is bike related, but I blindly put these wheels on my new XC ride last night, and I dunno anything about them. Anyone have info?

Maybe they could have cleaned the wheels before the photo shoot?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I folded one of those over like it was made out of butter. Damn near killed myself in the process. I suppose if you never do anything remotely freeride-like, you might get a few weeks out of them :p

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
stinkyboy said:
Sorry, that this is bike related, but I blindly put these wheels on my new XC ride last night, and I dunno anything about them. Anyone have info?

Maybe they could have cleaned the wheels before the photo shoot?
I had a set on an XC ride of mine.
They worked well, and looked OK when i peeled the cheesy stickers off. The Formula hubs they lace into them are noting special. They work, and that's about it. As for why a FR rim on an XC wheel? I'm a big guy, they are passably light, and they are wide enough to run big wide tires which I like on my HT.

The wheels got sold off a while back.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
SkaredShtles said:
Why would you put free ride wheels on a XC rig? :think:
I'm not a weight weenie, and I wanted something stronger than the Black Eye (foreshadowing?) wheels that came stock on my Kikapu (06! - Photos to come). I'm aggressive, but I won't do anything big on this bike, and if they break, bust out another set of Azonic Outlaws! I have a set of Cross Max's, but I have to get them trued after every ride...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Echo said:
I folded one of those over like it was made out of butter. Damn near killed myself in the process. I suppose if you never do anything remotely freeride-like, you might get a few weeks out of them :p

:rolleyes:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
stinkyboy said:
I'm not a weight weenie, and I wanted something stronger than the Black Eye (foreshadowing?) wheels that came stock on my Kikapu (06! - Photos to come). I'm aggressive, but I won't do anything big on this bike, and if they break, bust out another set of Azonic Outlaws! I have a set of Cross Max's, but I have to get them trued after every ride...
I actually found it amusing that they were called "free ride" rims. I always thought the term was "freeride"? :confused:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Mine's held up well so far. I've had it for a good 10months on my rigid hardtail that's taken the abuse of all sorts of dj/urban crap I've thrown at it. Its on a wheel that me and my dad built off of sheldonbrown's website (instructions, never built wheels before this) It's still perfectly true after I did this to my bike.

Got the rim for like $25 from icycles.com I think...