Quantcast

VVednesdayVV

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
is the step-relative genre for people who aren't ready for full blown incest? seems like a slippery slope to me.
I think it's more a power dynamic thing than a step towards incest. Like teacher-student.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I asked cause I've read conflicting opinions. Some say triple is the way to go and others (leaning toward that opinion) say that triple actually limit solar gain during the day thus any advantage in R value is lost.
I'm not an expert, but I think that is addressed by NRCan with their 3 climate-zone Energy-Star ratings... see here. Lots more info here.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
How, in this line of work, can you look at your own face in the mirror each morning?
If ski instructing paid a little bit more that's what I would be doing full time until April.
Ive done the math it would be a meager living unless I could land another contract where I can work off site.
Been figuring out lots of ways out. Until then I will suffer through for pay checks.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got the text that somebody fucked up (under staffing + call-in sick) and we have no late staffing tonight. So... I'm currently sitting in my office working an extra 1.5 hours tonight trying to keep the girls quiet. Yeah for being the Senior rep! Apparently this is what I get paid extra for...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It gives me time to waste while planning ski lessons for Haley. 4 week class @ WP isn't that expensive and it means 4 straight weeks of skiing for me. She's doing good at Snobahn but has made the point that it's easier to make her turns on real snow. She also is getting better faster on real snow. Given I don't have the skill set to teach her (just ask @Toshi), I need all the help I can get.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I just got this email:
You are receiving this email because one or more of your children has been identified for gifted programming in DCSD OR his/her recent performance on the Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) indicates a potential need for gifted identification and programming.
The only catch is that the gifted program is at separate schools from where she currently is. Wifey is very against putting her into a new school because we just changed schools this year and we're "building a community here not at what ever school she gets into". This is going to make for a fun couple of weeks, because the paperwork has to get submitted within 2 weeks for her to actually get enrolled into the gifted program.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
... now your wife is going to want to move again.
Into a bigger house with a bigger \\\Deck. :D

I had 3 kids go through JeffCo's GT program. It's worth it, at least in our county. All 3 of ours went to an elementary which was *not* their home school. It was a PITA for a lot of years, but middle & HS for the program *are* their home schools. So we've got that goin' for us... which is nice.

And fair warning: there is an abnormal percentage of helicopter parents in those programs. :mad:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Into a bigger house with a bigger \\\Deck. :D

I had 3 kids go through JeffCo's GT program. It's worth it, at least in our county. All 3 of ours went to an elementary which was *not* their home school. It was a PITA for a lot of years, but middle & HS for the program *are* their home schools. So we've got that goin' for us... which is nice.

And fair warning: there is an abnormal percentage of helicopter parents in those programs. :mad:
Assumed about the parents.

Douglas County has 2 programs: neighborhood school and magnet school. The email, as I'm reading it, looks like she got flagged for the magnet school. I have no issues with it not being out of neighborhood. The closest magnet school is actually 6 min away on the other side of HR Pkwy, so it's still really close. Wifey just doesn't want her to not be at the same school as our neighbors. If she gets into the magnet school program, I'm going to Hardline on this. We we're paying $350/week for Primrose to get the schooling to have these opportunities, I'm not throwing it away

LA County schools, when I was in elementary, sent me almost 3 miles away. It's not end of the world and there were still kids nearby who I went to school with.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Assumed about the parents.

Douglas County has 2 programs: neighborhood school and magnet school. The email, as I'm reading it, looks like she got flagged for the magnet school. I have no issues with it not being out of neighborhood. The closest magnet school is actually 6 min away on the other side of HR Pkwy, so it's still really close. Wifey just doesn't want her to not be at the same school as our neighbors. If she gets into the magnet school program, I'm going to Hardline on this. We we're paying $350/week for Primrose to get the schooling to have these opportunities, I'm not throwing it away

LA County schools, when I was in elementary, sent me almost 3 miles away. It's not end of the world and there were still kids nearby who I went to school with.
77119f1cb7f2eaa90e330231d06db645.jpg