Quantcast

VvV - Fried day - VvV

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my theory is that people sell trials motorcycles after seeing themselves ride them. normal people doing trials is just silly. imo.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So dedicated. So admirable. Not missing work even when sick with Covid? That's showing a promotable level of commitment!

That's how I caught the 'vid last year. They asked everyone come in for a new product launch and it spread like well, a highly communicable disease does.
To be fair, she was suffering uncommon symptoms like hives.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
unlike the guys who are really good at it who just popped out of the womb that way
I would assume an electric trials bike would be alot easier to ride without having to deal with the fine clutch control, which looks to be pretty fucking hard.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
unless you started doping in college like lance armstrong, there's no point in you riding a bicycle on pavement, because trust me, you look silly
oh, it's true. good thing I do it to get around. while looking like a goof. :)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I would assume an electric trials bike would be alot easier to ride without having to deal with the fine clutch control, which looks to be pretty fucking hard.
I don't think you could do half of that shit without a clutch

Someone I know who cares about that crap way more than I do said these things (because they have a clutch) are getting really popular in contests (which toshi cares about deeply as of 5 minutes ago for some reason)

the dork hats would imply they mean it

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
contests (which toshi cares about deeply as of 5 minutes ago for some reason)
Facebook Reels decided to punt some trials content to me a few weeks ago. in going down that rabbit hole eventually I got to a video of some English countryside easy trials course. and it was some dude on a trials moto literally just riding up a modest hillside around some stakes

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Facebook Reels decided to punt some trials content to me a few weeks ago. in going down that rabbit hole eventually I got to a video of some English countryside easy trials course. and it was some dude on a trials moto literally just riding up a modest hillside around some stakes
I know your roots

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I know your roots

I thought about buying a 26" stock trials bike from a dude up in Ft Collins the other month. but he wasn't coming down to Denver in the foreseeable future and ain't nobody got time to drive an hour+ for a sketchy Marketplace transaction

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
and now I have no money because of house renovations so that's that :D

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I thought about buying a 26" stock trials bike from a dude up in Ft Collins the other month. but he wasn't coming down to Denver in the foreseeable future and ain't nobody got time to drive an hour+ for a sketchy Marketplace transaction
If you didn't start out as an ADHD spaz at 4 years old like ryan leech, just don't even bother

You're just gonna look silly.

Even more silly I mean.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well shit, I thought I only had 2 or 3 days of vacation left here at work. Just logged into the derp system and discovered that I have 7 days plus another 4 floating vacation days (whatever those are).

Absence submitted for next Friday, thank you very much!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If you didn't start out as an ADHD spaz at 4 years old like ryan leech, just don't even bother

You're just gonna look silly.

Even more silly I mean.
fun fact: I went to a trials biking camp. Ryan Leech and Jeff Lenosky (who is one big dude!) were the headline coaches. they did fancy things. I did small to medium things and watched them.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
were your early years from about 10-16 full of being on the receiving end of a lot of wedgies?
that'd require I had acquaintances

I only hung out with college professors, natch

since I was a band/orchestra-camp (very different from band camp)/biking/wrestling/turning down going to college at age 12* kind of nerd-kid my buddies were all equally nerdy.

* it's because I'm (part) Asian, right?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Today I'm envious of all the people posting in the GMT's who live normal paced non corporate lives not doing 250 different things at the same time.
Definitely feeling you. I am just getting home from school (20 minutes ago). PJs on, whiskey poured and I 'm eating some almonds for dinner. 13+ hour day and heading back for some sporting events tomorrow after hosting a team brunch for my Varsity FH team tomorrow.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
LONG day at school. Sometimes I wonder why I because a teacher, but them I have a conversation with a struggling young man (in my study hall) and get an email that afternoon thanking me for listening and being "the one teacher he can talk to" and it makes my heart so full.
Started the day with a team meeting then taught, covered class for a colleague who is out sick, then directed my HS Pep Band at our Pep Rally, played some games with my seniors (I am their class co-advisor) to win the battle of the classes, practice, team dinner, chaperoned our Middle School Fun Night and got home super late but my heart is full and so is my glass of whiskey. cheers.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Setting up new phone

currently have no functioning phones between them as i deleted the eSIMs from the old one

so to answer @6thElement I’ll be up in the mountains… but building furniture at the house, not riding.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
those ikea directions can be a bitch
it's a lot of stuff