Quantcast

W/A\W Wednesday GMT W/A\W

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Daily, I park my ass at a desk that sits in the NW corner of the 37th floor of 1WTC. Yesterday, I got to watch the incredibly shitty series of terrible events unfold on the west site bike path from right under my nose. Building was on lockdown for over an hour. This morning West Street is still closed off as far up as I can see. Eerie as fuck.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Warm cup of Vermont maple ginger tea in hand. Other than that I made a killer steak for dinner last night, so that's always nice. I can cook a mean steak.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:banghead:

Can these damn trucks stop causing huge accidents, please? The freeway going into Toronto on my commute is closed and word has it, that it will be closed until tomorrow. It sounds like they're going to have to repave some of it. I think this is the third time this has happened this year. Fuck. Major thoughts and feelings going out to the people involved...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/highway-400-fatal-pileup-cookstown-1.4381540

Just told my boss that I'm leaving work super early to avoid the traffic this afternoon. Which is perfect, because its ride night and I have all the gear in my car. Maybe if the traffic isn't too bad, I can sneak a pre-ride ride in, during daylight. :brows:

Drive safe fellas!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
morning constitutional was of great weight and substance.

discovered that roughly half of the CD cases i have have no CD's in them........time to hunt down those CD folders in storage.....if they did not get tossed from the fire.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Halloween was a great success. this year was the first time both boys got to leave our Court and head out to the great beyond. the boys were happy, polite, and playful. A few of the houses went all out, and gave the kids quite a fright. they loved it. much candy was gathered, and already, the supply has been culled. despite this, they slept well, and were in good spirits this morning.

dipped below freezing last night. had to turn the heat on. :(

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Daily, I park my ass at a desk that sits in the NW corner of the 37th floor of 1WTC. Yesterday, I got to watch the incredibly shitty series of terrible events unfold on the west site bike path from right under my nose. Building was on lockdown for over an hour. This morning West Street is still closed off as far up as I can see. Eerie as fuck.
Figured you were close to the action, glad to hear not too close.

Much shittyness over FSM's.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Figured you were close to the action, glad to hear not too close.

Much shittyness over FSM's.
Dudes in white coveralls out there right now combing the area looking for someone's lost contact lens, or whatever it is they look for. Evidence? Quarters? Both?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Quote of the night: "Wut? No candy? Well, you have chips so that is acceptable"

The wife responded with "Well, I'm glad you find them acceptable" :rofl:

We had just about 200 kids total, not too painful. Clear night, but it was 41 degrees. The fire pit was a must. I noticed at least a few bags of non-Frito in the basket, so it isn't all bad.

Funny interaction of the night. Wife notices a poorly behaved Rottie across the street about to head our way (Abbey was inside at this point). As I was laughing at how the dog was dragging the guy around, she says "you know who that is, don't you?" It was Douchebag, our old non-mortgage paying ex-neighbor!!!

So really, how douchey you have to be to take your new wife and her old kids to the neighborhood you not only used to live in, but pretty much burned all the neighbor bridges when you ditched your wife and kids? As he was walking over he says "Man, when I lived in that house, it was ALL done up for Halloween. The new guy needs to step up his game." The wife joked to me "amazing how much crap you can buy when you don't make a house payment for 2 years". :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
kid's first "real" trick or treating was largely a success. He was scared of 2 neighbors who were wearing masks (understandable) but was OK when they took the masks off. I think we only hit 7 or 8 houses before he'd had enough and wanted to go him (which worked out well, we still managed to get him to bed on time). he was very excited to see other kids out and seemed to do better going up to a door when other kids were around. one of my neighbors gave me a very tasty beer as a grown up trick or treat. i'll call it a win.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Morning Monkeys.

Quote of the night: "Wut? No candy? Well, you have chips so that is acceptable"

The wife responded with "Well, I'm glad you find them acceptable" :rofl:

We had just about 200 kids total, not too painful. Clear night, but it was 41 degrees. The fire pit was a must. I noticed at least a few bags of non-Frito in the basket, so it isn't all bad.

Funny interaction of the night. Wife notices a poorly behaved Rottie across the street about to head our way (Abbey was inside at this point). As I was laughing at how the dog was dragging the guy around, she says "you know who that is, don't you?" It was Douchebag, our old non-mortgage paying ex-neighbor!!!

So really, how douchey you have to be to take your new wife and her old kids to the neighborhood you not only used to live in, but pretty much burned all the neighbor bridges when you ditched your wife and kids? As he was walking over he says "Man, when I lived in that house, it was ALL done up for Halloween. The new guy needs to step up his game." The wife joked to me "amazing how much crap you can buy when you don't make a house payment for 2 years". :rofl:
Did you give his kids the Fritos?

FWIW I'd gladly take Fritos over Cheetos.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also, the wife doesn't like to pass out the chips, she would rather dump them in a large bin and let the kids pick out a bag. It's funny how some kids spot what they want and grab it, some kids just grab and go, and some kids will straight dig for who knows what (maybe candy on the bottom?)

But every now and again, we would get a request. "Got any BBQ?" "Any spicy ones?" "Do you have the round chips?" (still no idea what they were asking for). Overall the chips are a big hit and the folks tend to enjoy something to snack on while on the route.

<edit> One kid exclaimed "I got real food!" as they headed down the driveway. I guess chips are more real food than say Skittles. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Also, the wife doesn't like to pass out the chips, she would rather dump them in a large bin and let the kids pick out a bag. It's funny how some kids spot what they want and grab it, some kids just grab and go, and some kids will straight dig for who knows what (maybe candy on the bottom?)

But every now and again, we would get a request. "Got any BBQ?" "Any spicy ones?" "Do you have the round chips?" (still no idea what they were asking for). Overall the chips are a big hit and the folks tend to enjoy something to snack on while on the route.

<edit> One kid exclaimed "I got real food!" as they headed down the driveway. I guess chips are more real food than say Skittles. :rofl:
All dressed FTW. I'd assume round ones are Pringles?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
All dressed FTW. I'd assume round ones are Pringles?
No idea. I told the wife if too many kids are pissed, I am buying all Sun Chips next year and they can all suck it.

When I think "round chips" I think tortilla rounds that would usually call for a dip of some sort. I guess we could do a platter, or maybe a meat and cheese spread?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No idea. I told the wife if too many kids are pissed, I am buying all Sun Chips next year and they can all suck it.

When I think "round chips" I think tortilla rounds that would usually call for a dip of some sort. I guess we could do a platter, or maybe a meat and cheese spread?
Sun Chips are great, what are you suggesting here?? :butcher:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Sun Chips are great, what are you suggesting here?? :butcher:
As an adult, yes. But they are up there with "this is almost healthy so it isn't a proper snack". My kids love Sun Chips, though. I just think they would go over as well as the Fritos or worse. :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
They do make a "bold" variety pack that has a way better selection, but it was a special order so I might do that next year depending on minimum order and lead time.

I am totally down with the Chili Cheese Fritos.

Not a big fan of the "Flamin' Hot" but I do like the Jalapeno Cheese Cheetos.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Somehow, I am still dealing with the goddamn electrician, over their billing practices, or more specifically, the complete lack thereof. Soon as this bullshit is done with I'm taking dog #3 for a run, or going on a killing spree. I have not decided which.

Trap music on 10
Given what you do for a living, this has at least two meanings.