Quantcast

W Fk Teanaway conditions

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Skooks and all else who care. Rode it out and back Saturday, 7/10/04.
It's in primo condition and just recently logged out. Not much moto use at all and actually damp on the upper half from Friday night Saturday morning rains.
The rest is the wild and crazy redheaded stepchild version of DG that will still kill you if you make a bad move. Always questionable going up but a dream going down. Yes, you will get your feet wet. But, sure feels good on a hot day. Watch out for the new water bars the FS guys put in. They're still soft and grabbed one rider for an over the bars face plant.
Just thought you'd want to know after we talked about it at Tigger.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
West Fork Teanaway.

Think back side of Rat Pac and West. Google will bring up lots of hits.
Moto trail that's too burly for most moto people and is semi-shuttleable from the Salmon La Sac side.
Although wide bars on a big bike will be a hinderance on this trail.

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
10 yrs ago(in the dark days of XC riding,lol)we used to park in Roslyn,crank up over the ridge,drop into the Teanaway,do a big loop connecting the big rock formations and then back up over the ridge and rip down to the car.Alot of fun!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Hahahahha! :) That's the beauty of today's "XC" bikes. They can climb and descend most everything a DH bike can.(broadly stated. So, don't give me Monkey grief over that.) I still ride the backside often and camp over there several times a year. You will be severely disappointed at the back side and the area around the slab on Dingbat Creek. Logging has obliterated most of the old moto trails. Thankfully, many have been ditched and are growing back. Think Freund Canyon in a few years. There's even 3 really fun descents to the back side that you shuttlers could do if you knew the way and had a 4wd or the quad with a trailer that I see up there stashed on the side spur from time to time. Most folks here probably don't know that the trail you cross on Upper Rat Pac used to be a bitchin' big ring 4.7 mile downhill. Now a logging road. But, abandoned 2 years ago and growing back to trail every year.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Thanks for the updates Borneo....

i got my trail bike replaced, but am now considering selling it for something different. The recent review of the yeti 575 has sprked my intrest...... anyways, what ever i do, now that racing is over for the most part for me, ill have alot more time for extended trail rides....providing i have the bike to do it with.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Hey D, I know 2 people with the 5.75 and they both love it. Both are semi-dh folks with a XC penchant as well and are decidedly lighter than you. So, check with the builders about pivots holding up to your abuse.
Lots of summer left for some XC. I need to give you a Tokul tour.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
oly said:
yea? So your saying i just need to get the kona HOSS? Have their 575's held up to their riding? Would you be concerned?
hack hack 5 spot kaff kaff.....

haha you ARE sponsored by those blokes..... :p

Heckler, 575, 5 spot, Enduro they're all the same.... :D