Quantcast

WA state will be...

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
...collecting a lot of 101 dollarses

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003662590_webcellphone12.html

I think it's a good idea. Jsut about everyone there has a phone glued to their heads while driving....and for the love of jebus, those people just CANNOT drive as it is...

Ban on cellphone use while driving passes Legislature
By Ralph Thomas

Seattle Times Olympia Bureau

OLYMPIA — Washington will soon join a small list of states that restrict talking on a hand-held cellphone while driving.

After years of failed attempts, the state House on Tuesday approved the new cellphone limits on a bipartisan 59-38 vote. The measure has already cleared the Senate, and Gov. Christine Gregoire is expected to sign it into law.

"As the bumper sticker says, 'Shut up and drive,' " Rep. Judy Clibborn, D-Mercer Island, said Tuesday during a 90-minute floor debate.

A related bill that would outlaw text-messaging while driving has passed the House and is still pending in the Senate.

Using a hand-held phone while driving would be a secondary offense. That means violators could be ticketed only if they're pulled over for a primary offense, such as speeding or running a red light.

The fine would be $101.

SLAYER2003

Monkey
May 1, 2003
Bellingham, WA
...collecting a lot of 101 dollarses

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003662590_webcellphone12.html

I think it's a good idea. Jsut about everyone there has a phone glued to their heads while driving....and for the love of jebus, those people just CANNOT drive as it is...
I agree but you know why?...........
Living in Bellingham close to the border, I wiould say that at least 50%of the people that piss me off on the road here have Canadian plates. Seriously. Canadians drive 50mph in the 60mph stretch of the freeway constantly and do not get over. Half the time they have a damn cell-phone to their head.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Oh you SO need to come visit..... You would wet yourself driving around here....It has been quite the adjustment for Brenda. 80mph in the snow. Passing snowplows on the shoulder....all commonplace