Quantcast

~~~Wa Wa Wa Wa Wednesday GMT~~~

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

At the house I looked at yesterday, the guy had stacks and stacks of papers in folders stacked all over a couple of rooms. Weird.

Today I'm going to Providence to videotape a bunch of streets. One person shouldn't have this much fun, so the boss is sending 3 of us. Going to be a long day.

Be safe out there.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Went to the grocery store to get some breakfast food (I eat at work after I ride in) over lunch. Grabbed a 9 piece sushi while I was there. It's been nice knowing you all. It wasn't ver

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy August 3, monkeys!! This day usually only comes once a year, so enjoy it while it lasts. I hopped on the road bike after work yesterday for my 23 mile cruise around town. I pedaled hard and managed an 18.7 average. Not too shabby for me. I swear, I like my new road bike more every time I ride it. 10 mile run on the post-work agenda today.

Last night the wife and I began packing for monkeyfest weekend. HOORAY!! My bike lights are now fully charged!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning all. Managed a road ride last night, was the first back to back day of riding in a while and I rode it to go to a meeting instead of taking the car. I feel good.

Bananna, nutella, espresso, peanut butter smoothie this morning..mmmmmmm

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
That smoothie sounds incredulous.
— adj
( often foll by of ) not prepared or willing to believe (something); unbelieving

You don't believe me? I promise that's what was in it..oh and vanilla greek yougurt too, I forgot that.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Moved into a new apartment Monday, so I spent last night unpacking. I feel like I made pretty decent progress. I might actually be finished before I leave for Monkeyfest tomorrow!! The best part about this apartment is the fact that is has a entire space in the entryway that all four bikes and four pairs of skis fit into PERFECTLY!!!

Now, hopefully I can find my headlamp for the drunken night ride at MF. Hopefully I was smart enough to just throw it in with the rest of my bike-related stuff and it's not in some random box marked "misc. stuff" that I won't open for 6 months.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Found out my brother and his GF are having a baby girl. Pretty pumped for them.

Rode Nam yesterday, rebuilding the bicicletas tonight, then riding tomorrow night. Contemplating going to Jiminy this weekend.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

Rode Nam yesterday, rebuilding the bicicletas tonight, then riding tomorrow night. Contemplating going to Jiminy this weekend.
Congrats to you on becoming an Uncle...Syd LOVES her uncles so I'm sure you'll be a favorite too :)

Now, lets discuss this Jiminy vs. Monkeyfest problem :evil:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning. Lights are charged for Monkeyfest. Laundry complete. Packing Syd's bag next, oh and we're making cookies so my house smells great! We leave for monkeyfest first thing in the AM...WOOHOO!!!!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Congrats to you on becoming an Uncle...Syd LOVES her uncles so I'm sure you'll be a favorite too :)
Certainly hope so!

Now, lets discuss this Jiminy vs. Monkeyfest problem :evil:
I was just up there 2 weeks ago for a couple days with Polandspring88 actually. If I'm going to KT it's gotta be a 2+ day trip, and don't think I can pull that off this weekend. I haven't been DHing yet this year so a day trip to Jiminy (2hrs away) gives me plenty of time to do the REAL fun things Sunday, like mow the lawn.:rant:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Riding, job searching, maybe some gardening, and getting prepped for our backpacking trip this weekend.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Oh jeez. I suck. So remember back a couple days when I was complaining about how someone made an extremelly weak batch of coffee? Well I saw the lady who made it yesterday walking along the hall trailing her fingers along the wall and wearing black lense glassess. Turns out she has cataracts and is going blind! Surgery is this week. She probably couldn't friggin SEE to make the coffee.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Oh jeez. I suck. So remember back a couple days when I was complaining about how someone made an extremelly weak batch of coffee? Well I saw the lady who made it yesterday walking along the hall trailing her fingers along the wall and wearing black lense glassess. Turns out she has cataracts and is going blind! Surgery is this week. She probably couldn't friggin SEE to make the coffee.
Way to go........way to go.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003

Certainly hope so!

I was just up there 2 weeks ago for a couple days with Polandspring88 actually. If I'm going to KT it's gotta be a 2+ day trip, and don't think I can pull that off this weekend. I haven't been DHing yet this year so a day trip to Jiminy (2hrs away) gives me plenty of time to do the REAL fun things Sunday, like mow the lawn.:rant:
Ah! I see, but am still :(
Have fun DHing. I haven't gone in a LONG time and am WAY overdue!!!

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
crashed hard yesterday and added another minor concussion to my resume.

Stripped the paint off the SJ and it now looks 100x better, 12 layers of paint and 2lbs later.

New crankset and rear shock needed and that's it.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
After wrenching on my bike in the garage, I went to throw the bike on the roof of the car in the driveway. On the way to the car I saw big 'ol pile of nastiness right in front of the car tire. I backed over one of the biggest frogs I've ever seen when backing down the driveway when I came home. Nasty squishing noise and a trail of blood from sweeping it off the driveway. Brand new tires, too. Gross.