Quantcast

WADA delays Altitude Tent Ban

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
is it basso that has one?
anyhow i think it is retarded that wada is trying to ban them ( meant to post this last weeek got busy)
anyhoo whoever it is was able to pump their hemocrit 2 full points, naturally. i dont know the performance equivalent number but i guess it's significant if they are doing it.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
yea but this was a specific article about it and the wada haters. the author even was picking on basso(?) because he sleeps in it 'alone for 8 hours a night" hehehe alone. that was cold.
his simulates 14,000 feet

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
i found it, it's mancabo

Mancebo using altitude tent
Spanish Tour de France contender Francisco Mancebo will be sleeping in an altitude tent to get a boost going into July´s big show.

Mancebo, who finished fourth last year just off the podium, bought the €7,000 altitude tent just before last year´s Tour and said the results were encouraging. He said the tent allows him to raise his hematocrit level without having to use banned blood-doping products such as EPO.

"Even though hematocrit depends on a lot of factors, I can give this example," Mancebo told the Spanish daily AS. "On April 8, I measured at 46 percent and after a week (sleeping in the tent), I had 47.8 percent."

Mancebo, who left Illes Balears to accept an offer to lead Ag2r in the Tour, has moved to Onex, Switzerland, to make life easier with the demands of racing. He shares the flat with his wife, daughter and dog. Sometimos even his parents-in-law visit.

Mancebo said he sleeps alone in the tent, "eight to nine hours a day" at levels that are equivalent to sleeping at 14,000 feet above sea level.

But Mancebo's embrace of the altitude tent may be short-lived, since the World Anti-Doping Agency is considering a proposal to add altitude tents and breathing masks to its list of banned training methods beginning in 2007.

"Ah, I didn´t know and I don´t understand why," Mancebo said. "This method is not cheating, it´s not bad for the health. It doesn´t hurt anyone and you can avoid high-altitude training camps. I hope they don´t ban
http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/9853.0.html

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Who isn't using one? Lance used to use them, I think all the top guys are. Hell, people use them all the time around here!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
dumb.

Before the tents, people used to go live and train in higher altitudes for that purpose. You can't ban where someone lives.

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
I think they should put Dick Pound in an altitude tent and pump it full of cyanide. That would be the end of these WADA witch hunts.