Jun 30, 2004
Mom died.
Back to CO after 24hrs at home.
Having no parents is an odd feeling.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I don't mean to be a buzz kill.
Commence with the morning deuce commentary.

Sorry, Dan.

Somehow I have wound up with a cold, praise jebus!

S'posed to dig out my ancient SCUBA gear today and grub around on the bottom of Lake Champlain for some anchors.

Ordered a new dropper post so I can ride while the original's away for warranty work.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Back to work after a few days off. We're getting into the "dark when i start & dark when I finish" months.

Sorry to hear about your Mom, dan-o.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Story time!

My dog has been obsessively sitting outside of my shed for the past few months. I figured a squirrel had taken up residence in the roof of the very shittily done annex the PO had put on the shed. Last night I figured I'd go rip that off so dog would stop obsessing and would go destroy something else in the yard.

Ripped the first panel off and just got a big ole pile of nesting material. Luckily no squirrel babies toppled out, so I was thankful for that. Second panel off and some more nesting materials, but once again no squirrel babies. Third panel took a bit more work to pry loose as it was fastened up there pretty good. Pulled this one off and a 30lb motherfucking raccoon topples out and lands on my feet. He took one look and rumbled off over the fence into the neighbors yard to hopefully give them rabies. Pretty sure I turtled a bit and was glad he didn't stick around to fight as I had a claw hammer in one hand and a pry bar in the other.

Anyway, statistics training all day today and yes, I actually am looking forward to it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Sorry about your mom dan-o

bad gas bloat hoping really strong coffee does its draino thing today.

storm moving in has totally screwed up my camping plans. either going to run a few hours south and go anyways or just go mud/rain biking locally

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Things are exciting in the office, should be an interesting couple weeks at least. Like I told the wifey, colud be really good for me, could be really bad. If it fails, at least I'm the new guy and can take the blame. :rofl:

@dan-o that sucks, dude.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Wife got a call from an animal shelter about a cat she is interested in - they are sending an agent to inspect our house to make sure the are not giving the poor creature to some deadbeats. :crazy: I am just about done with this nonsense.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wife got a call from an animal shelter about a cat she is interested in - they are sending an agent to inspect our house to make sure the are not giving the poor creature to some deadbeats. :crazy: I am just about done with this nonsense.
crazy. we didn't go through any of that.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i either misplaced all my matt pike for president bumper stickers or gave them away.....secured more this morning.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Danno - sorry to hear about your mum.
<snip>
Ordered a new dropper post so I can ride while the original's away for warranty work.
This reminds me... I should check to make sure my "backup" fixed post is in the bike box. When I 1st got a dropper I made it a point to take that post with me on every bike trip. I may have started to slack since the dropper is being awfully reliable (knocks on wood).

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My condolences, Dan.

bad gas bloat
Poop stories are much more entertaining than gas stories, I am sorry to say.

sorry to hear.....i have always been able to expell with extreme prejudice....

(I'm very glad that googling "colon blow" helpfully suggested "cereal" as the autocompletion, thus saving me from some possible unsavory images.)

Sometimes the strength of my colon astounds me. Nothing will surpass the food poisoning induced coating of all exposed surfaces of a campground restroom circa 1999, but it still surprises me some days.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My condolences @dan-o.

:wave:

Furnace man has come and gone. We have heat again, which is nice. See how long it works this time. :disgust: 7 mile run complete. Rice/beans/eggs for breakfast chased by espresso. Imma take a shower and get some shit done round the homestead today.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Mornin monkies

Dan, so sorry for your loss.

Have GOT to find myself another niche. This job is just not going to work for much longer. The stress level outweighs the benefits tenfold, and I just don't care any more! Gotta find something that I enjoy enough to not be a Debbie Downer when I'm home. The boys don't care much for that. Any entrepreneurs with experience to share? I am leaning towards a combo of the things I love: teaching flute lessons (my major, and I have experience, just never built the business), selling artwork (if I can make something appealing to the masses, mine is all landscapes and hikers and climbers and mountains), ski instructor (well I already have 16 seasons of experience there) and throw in some residential real estate.

Also, anyone have Demon Dirt gear? They just hit me up on Instagram and I'm curious!

Have a spec-frickin-tacular hump day dudes and dudette(s)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My condolences @dan-o.

:wave:

Furnace man has come and gone. We have heat again, which is nice. See how long it works this time. :disgust: 7 mile run complete. Rice/beans/eggs for breakfast chased by espresso. Imma take a shower and get some shit done round the homestead today.
one of the reasons our furnace is not our primary heat source.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@dan-o sorry to hear that man. May there be a good and long ride in your near future to help clear the head.

Same thing, a KS LEV Integra. The current post lasted a year and a half before the cartridge blew.
How'd yours blow? My KS sucked in some air or something a week ago. It sags about an inch when I sit on it. Need to send it in as well.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Dan-O, I'm really sorry for your loss. My condolences.

skibunny24; how about you buy a property at a ski resort that you can rent out (either rooms or whole units), provide flute lessons, and paint while there.... win/win/win...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Sorry to hear about your mom Dan-o! :(

RM seems to be unblocked at school (for now). We have more issues with our servers and security changes than the government! For now, I'm back lol! But, I will probably go back to lurking again until the next crazy ride emerges.

JBP -- I too was lucky enough to get a cold from the kids and have been feeling like crap, coughing--wheezing and whatnot. I'm going with the "alcohol kills germs" theory and enjoying some Resin this evening!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Mornin monkies

Dan, so sorry for your loss.

Have GOT to find myself another niche. This job is just not going to work for much longer. The stress level outweighs the benefits tenfold, and I just don't care any more! Gotta find something that I enjoy enough to not be a Debbie Downer when I'm home. The boys don't care much for that. Any entrepreneurs with experience to share? I am leaning towards a combo of the things I love: teaching flute lessons (my major, and I have experience, just never built the business), selling artwork (if I can make something appealing to the masses, mine is all landscapes and hikers and climbers and mountains), ski instructor (well I already have 16 seasons of experience there) and throw in some residential real estate.

Also, anyone have Demon Dirt gear? They just hit me up on Instagram and I'm curious!

Have a spec-frickin-tacular hump day dudes and dudette(s)
Yup...I have taught private lessons (flute, clarinet, sax) for several years in addition to my regular job (music teacher, also a flute/piccolo major). Whatcha need to know?

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Any entrepreneurs with experience to share? I am leaning towards a combo of the things I love: teaching flute lessons (my major, and I have experience, just never built the business), selling artwork (if I can make something appealing to the masses, mine is all landscapes and hikers and climbers and mountains), ski instructor (well I already have 16 seasons of experience there) and throw in some residential real estate.
All of that sounds like a sound plan IF and ONLY IF you can find an interested group of dentists or banksters.

Sorry to hear about your job, welcome to the (ever growing) club. I believe JonKranked is our president ATM.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sorry to hear about your job, welcome to the (ever growing) club. I believe JonKranked is our president ATM.
i'm ever willing to relinquish the title. been browsing RM a boatload as of late, you hosers are letting me down with your minimal posting. facebook is a political quagmire lately, so i rarely venture there.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
skibunny24; how about you buy a property at a ski resort that you can rent out (either rooms or whole units), provide flute lessons, and paint while there.... win/win/win...
Dude I love it! Can I property manage a climbing gym under/on the sides/and above a sweet lodge?!!?

Yup...I have taught private lessons (flute, clarinet, sax) for several years in addition to my regular job (music teacher, also a flute/piccolo major). Whatcha need to know?
I've taught here and there, but never been able to grow more than a student or two--I'm not making a living off of that any time soon? And, you're a mom, how do you manage your evening time with students when the kids come home? I think that's one of the biggest things holding me back.

i'm ever willing to relinquish the title. been browsing RM a boatload as of late, you hosers are letting me down with your minimal posting. facebook is a political quagmire lately, so i rarely venture there.
:) I shall endeavor to help egg on entertainment! I just... can't... sit here much longer without you guys!! :no::panic:

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am afraid even this delicious DDH Sleeper Street IPA from Trillium cannot save the train wreck of today. I am ready for the weekend.