Quantcast

Wah-wah- Wednesday

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
@dan-o Sorry for your loss.

On my repair/painting project I tried using blue painter's tape for the first time, thinking it might save some time. Holy crap what an awful product. It tends to stick like it's melted on, tares in tiny pieces, leaves glue residue on glass, and has to be scraped off with a razor blade. Some pieces of seal strips had to be removed to get the fucking tape off. Having to use a razor scraper to remove the tape entirely defeats the purpose of masking.

tl,dnr: Blue Painter's tape is a DIY sham.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
@dan-o Sorry for your loss.

On my repair/painting project I tried using blue painter's tape for the first time, thinking it might save some time. Holy crap what an awful product. It tends to stick like it's melted on, tares in tiny pieces, leaves glue residue on glass, and has to be scraped off with a razor blade. Some pieces of seal strips had to be removed to get the fucking tape off. Having to use a razor scraper to remove the tape entirely defeats the purpose of masking.

tl,dnr: Blue Painter's tape is a DIY sham.
Frog tape > blue tape

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I've taught here and there, but never been able to grow more than a student or two--I'm not making a living off of that any time soon? And, you're a mom, how do you manage your evening time with students when the kids come home? I think that's one of the biggest things holding me back.
That is the biggest struggle since I have been teaching from my home. During the school year, I either designate 1-2 afternoons or a Sunday afternoon per week to teach and my husband typically takes the kids outside or they play in the basement or their rooms. It's a juggling act with both of them because they're 4 & 10. When they were babies, they would be napping or in their seat listening. I have 6 students and try to keep that as my limit right now because of scheduling. I also have a larger studio in the summer when students want to take lessons to get them ready for MS or HS when they are making the switch from ES/MS.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
That is the biggest struggle since I have been teaching from my home. During the school year, I either designate 1-2 afternoons or a Sunday afternoon per week to teach and my husband typically takes the kids outside or they play in the basement or their rooms. It's a juggling act with both of them because they're 4 & 10. When they were babies, they would be napping or in their seat listening. I have 6 students and try to keep that as my limit right now because of scheduling. I also have a larger studio in the summer when students want to take lessons to get them ready for MS or HS when they are making the switch from ES/MS.
When Lucas was smaller he was a royal pain when I was trying to teach, but at 10 now, he is much better at entertaining himself :) I am fortunate to have a neighbor with four kids very active in the schools, with one flute player I taught (she is actually borrowing my piccolo now!) so it may be a good time to really get my foot in the door at the high school.... hmmmm