Quantcast

Wahay, I'm in Egypt.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
So I'm in Egypt. Having a much needed holiday here with my mrs.
Second day today. We are sitting on the beach on massive cushions using internet and drinking Egyptian beer which ain't half bad.

The waterproof camera lost it's waterproofing today which sucks. I have decided to tak all my photos with my Instamatic application on my iPhone.

Here we go then:

RIP Waterproof camera... :(

Sayid, our awesome driver yesterday.

View from our room.

Yesterday we took a taxi to a remote beach where we chilled out all day having some amazing snorkeling sessions amongst some beautiful corral reefs.

We went diving today. So good to be back under water. Back into it now, we are booked back in tomorrow for a couple dives.

Thats it, now back to work drones.

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Dude, I work like a mother fcker most of the year so I can take my lady to cool places...

Granted, my work is pretty cool though too... ;)

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Couple of dives today. So damn good.

This is Turkish coffee. If you have never had one, go and eat one. You'll know what I mean. Delicious. Perfect start to every morning so far...

I have not seen a single bird over here. I take a photo of our room and Bam! There's two of them in my pic.

Memorials to all the divers who have died in the Blue Hole (loads apparently)

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Seen some big ol Triggers out there. They aren't so aggressive over this way.

Had today off diving, just milled about sunbathing, snorkeling, eating, drinking, sunbathing, snorkeling, eating, drinking...

Amazing snorkeling though, some of the finest I have had. Managed a freedive swim-through which ruled. Saw an 'Eel Garden' which consists of thousands of these eels sticking up out of the sand. They disappear if you dive down to them (around 18m), but come back up when you move away. Funky.

Swam underwater beside loads of scuba divers which I found funny, no idea what they thought. Most of them seemed bumbling beginners bumping into the reefs...

Sitting down for some dinner now. Internet before we order food, then chilling for the evening.

Ciao.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Pretty windy today. Diving entry (pretty much all dives here in Dahab are shore entry) was pretty tricky until you got under, then all you had was lovely currents.

Couple dives today, right next to the Blue Hole. One was called Coral Gardens and the other The Canyon. Pretty damn cool.

Bicycles are fine however...

Our little hitch hiker, although the driver didn't know! She clung to the back of our 4x4 for miles.

Last day of diving today as we fly out on Tuesday. Tomorrow will be spent chilling and snorkeling and eating again...

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'm starting to belive thet they only allow you to settle in the PDS area if you have an awesome life and make people envious. Yours and Ben's posts make me eat my socks. I love the photos. Hell I love the whole idea and I always thought Egypt was boring ( Tunisia at least had its star wars set ;) )