Quantcast

Wahooooo PHILLIES made it!!!!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my grandmother would be cursing like a sailor if she were alive right now.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
my grandmother would be cursing like a sailor if she were alive right now.
ROFL!!!

Yeah my grandfather would be psyched if he were alive too. I call my grandmother in the nursing home once a week to talk Phillies with her. Most of the time she can't hear me though. It's pretty much a one way conversation.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Living in Philly area, that's all I get to hear and the local media becomes very bandwagonish around this time. As some of you know, Philly fans of all the sports are world famous for jumping on and off bandwagons.

But as a impartial observer, I must say the Phillies are playing some strong ball.

Hmmmm, perhaps I could hop on the Devil Rays bandwagon....

:biggrin:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Living in Philly area, that's all I get to hear and the local media becomes very bandwagonish around this time. As some of you know, Philly fans of all the sports are world famous for jumping on and off bandwagons.

But as a impartial observer, I must say the Phillies are playing some strong ball.

Hmmmm, perhaps I could hop on the Devil Rays bandwagon....

Honestly through thick and thin all the PHilly fans I've know have always stuck by them.

I say the same thing about Mets and Yankee fans up here though.

I would give my pinky to be able to go to one of the World Series games in Philly though.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
there is nothing bandwagonish about being perpetually pessimistic. that's how it is.

i will always be a fan but never overly optimistic.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good luck, Phillies!

The way Tampa Bay is pounding the living snot out of Boston, Philly is going to have their hands full (assuming the Red Sox don't pull off some kind of miracle and win the series).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Good luck, Phillies!

The way Tampa Bay is pounding the living snot out of Boston, Philly is going to have their hands full (assuming the Red Sox don't pull off some kind of miracle and win the series).
I'm still hoping the Sox win because it will be a North East series and I think Philly can beat them but I don't think they can beat the Rays.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Honestly through thick and thin all the PHilly fans I've know have always stuck by them.

I say the same thing about Mets and Yankee fans up here though.

I would give my pinky to be able to go to one of the World Series games in Philly though.
Well shoot, come down, ride some MTB with us around here, we'll go get some Weyerbacher or Yings, whatever and you can go down to the ballpark and just tailgate and absorb the atmosphere..

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm still hoping the Sox win because it will be a North East series and I think Philly can beat them but I don't think they can beat the Rays.
When the Sox have been behind in playoff series in recent years, I always had that feeling that could come back (3-1 to Cleveland in 2007, 3-0 to NYY in 2004, 2-0 to Oakland in 2003). But they have been so completely outplayed this series that I don't see how it's possible this time. They are outmatched and their players are tanking.

But this is a Phillies thread. Go Phillies!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Well shoot, come down, ride some MTB with us around here, we'll go get some Weyerbacher or Yings, whatever and you can go down to the ballpark and just tailgate and absorb the atmosphere..
Done that a few times. Had my first beer at the old Vet Stadium when I was 10. My cousin lived a few blocks off south street till he moved a year ago.

Last edited:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
:rofl:
Suddenly Stosh is a Phillies fan. :rofl:

...just like LordOpie was a longtime Rockies fan too. :rolleyes:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
maybe i will watch a game.....listened to some of the first game last night.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I'm not sure Philadelphia is ready for a championship team again, what would they have to bitch about then?

Oh, Eagles and Flyers...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
First time I've watched a World Series game since 93.

Not bad.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I can't believe Blanton hit a homerun last night!!! Friggan awesome game!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
WTF... I mean really... WTF @ last night?
WWSD?

what would stosh do?

really, he was in a no-win situation.

1 - don't play the game at all yesterday
2 - play it and hope the weather forecast will be wrong

so he chose #2, which most likely everyone else would have. w/ cold pissing rain coming down, he had two options:

1 - call the game after the 5th and give the Phillies the Series
2 - reschedule the game

do you really think #1 was a viable option?