Quantcast

Wahuu- i did it, went biking 24 hours on a team!

Sep 7, 2001
Copenhagen- Denmark!
Well- i'm pretty hooked on this thing called endurance racing, or 24 hour mountainbiking races!:D such a tough- but fun thing to do!

Last weekend- three guys an i, competed in the only 24 hour race in Denmark, and got a respectable 11'th place, out of 24 starting teams- all of which finished! 37 rounds of 11 k's... but due to mechanical failures and one round in total darkness due to unproperly charged batteries, we lost an secure 8'th place- but what the heck- sheit happens!

Next year- i'll be even fitter- sharper, and better looking ;)

From left: Yours truly- Laurits "Jay Leno Chinguy", Thomas "Trial" and Jesper "I haven't been training at all!"...

Just finished first round of the whole race- actually being the leader at a point... but not for long... lungs bursted after winning the "Le Mans Style" start... :D

Sep 7, 2001
Copenhagen- Denmark!
Thomas relaxing in Basecamp- the final hours of Sunday... everybody was pretty exhausted....

Laurits- always well equipped... ;) if it were to rain all night, we'd stop racing, and drink the bottle of vodka!..... unfortunately- it didn't!:( :rolleyes:

Carboloading.... Thomas and Jesper having dinner and dessert Saturday evening!... note the retro East German autocamping chairs- worth a frekkin' fortune these days! :D

MBmaniak

Chimp
Jun 26, 2002
Congrats man!!!! I did a 12 hour race last summer and that kicked my ass! I too lost my lights. I had a nasty crash on a downhill and ripped out the cord that connects the light to the battery. Fortunately, there was only about 3 km. left in the lap. Doing an endurance race is like having a life threatening experiance. The guys you do it with, are much much closer to you afterwards.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Glad you had a good time. I've said it a gazillion times - those events are the best! I have 3 months till the one I do every year. Can't wait!