Quantcast

Wait to buy complete bike or piece it together?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I want to get a Nomad, and I keeping pushing back the date I wanted to buy one. I was thinking about just getting the frame now, since the cost of piecing it together for me, as a shop employee, will not be much more.

Any input?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
robdamanii said:
Piece it together. Build it EXACTLY as you want it.

Besides, it's more satisfying to build something rather than just pick it up.

Yes. This is holds double the weight if you are a shop employee.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
sanjuro said:
I want to get a Nomad, and I keeping pushing back the date I wanted to buy one. I was thinking about just getting the frame now, since the cost of piecing it together for me, as a shop employee, will not be much more.

Any input?
Be a MAN!!!!!!! F the Nomad and get an Armageddon:thumb:

j/k just build the damn thing how you want it, cause you'll flake on me when you're ridding that one too;)

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
i m in the same boat... i m building my own nomad with a mix of parts from my DOC and a new 07 talas... now if someone would just buy my 888 i could get the ball rolling...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm apparently the only one who appreciates that even with employee deals the cost of parts that come on a complete bike are still insanely cheaper than what you would pay for them.

Completes kill it.

It's not like you don't have decent build options from SC is it?

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
kidwoo said:
I'm apparently the only one who appreciates that even with employee deals the cost of parts that come on a complete bike are still insanely cheaper than what you would pay for them.

Completes kill it.

I agree. You still get a deal going complete. And SC's builid kit options have improved a ton from a few years ago. There's a bunch of kits to choose from. Heck, you could save some dough and use it to buy some parts that you would have gotten on a piece-by-piece build, then you'd have some spares too.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
kidwoo said:

Completes kill it.

I compared the price of a complete bike, and it is still cheaper than the build I had planned on.

Details tomorrow...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
As long as the complete comes with what you'd be happy with, save a few bills and get the complete.

I didn't like what SC spec'ed for my Bullit, so I built it.