Quantcast

Wait....What!!!?

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
I guess punching the bully in the nose does work.

Sean Hannity said:
Sean Hannity said Thursday he has “evolved” on immigration and now supports a “pathway to citizenship.”

Hannity told his radio listeners Thursday afternoon that the United States needs to “get rid of the immigration issue altogether.”

“It’s simple to me to fix it,” Hannity said. “I think you control the border first. You create a pathway for those people that are here — you don’t say you’ve got to go home. And that is a position that I’ve evolved on. Because, you know what, it’s got to be resolved. The majority of people here, if some people have criminal records you can send them home, but if people are here, law-abiding, participating for years, their kids are born here, you know, first secure the border, pathway to citizenship, done.”
So after years and years of demonization, hair on fire alarm sounding and castigation of anyone who disagrees with him, Hannity has an epiphany and changes his mind over night. Unbelievable. I actually am shocked.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So many potential brown voters. Hannity is a lot of things, but I don't think dumb is one of them. Lot's of republicans are seeing the writing on the wall after this election.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
brown voters
do candidates even give a fvck anymore to go on a indian reservation anymore?

i wish both sides would....and my hope is the candidates wouldn't make it out alive....

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
What's funny is that if immigration reform *does* get passed (with grudging nonfilibustering by the Republicans), Obama's the one who'll get the credit. Think Civil Rights Act of 1964 - LBJ gets credit, even though it originated under Kennedy and was passed with Republican support over the (racist) Southern Democrats. So all it'll do is get more "citizens" to be able to vote for the Democrats. :rofl:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Finally an intelligible stance from the hard right...but it's going to be very difficult to secure the border if 3,400 of us get canned in January because all of these jackholes can't pass a budget. Queen Janet says the border is secure but the border apprehension numbers she quoted were less than what just the Tucson sector caught last year. It's still the wild west out here on the line and its definitely not secure by any means...otherwise i wouldn't be pulling 70+ hours per week out in the mountains chasing smugglers.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
put up a Fvcking fence?

$hit ain't hard to figure out. Unless, they aren't really trying to keep anybody out...

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
put up a Fvcking fence?

$hit ain't hard to figure out. Unless, they aren't really trying to keep anybody out...
I still say we put up a charged fence. A few crispy bodies should be a good deterrent.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Finally an intelligible stance from the hard right...but it's going to be very difficult to secure the border if 3,400 of us get canned in January because all of these jackholes can't pass a budget. Queen Janet says the border is secure but the border apprehension numbers she quoted were less than what just the Tucson sector caught last year. It's still the wild west out here on the line and its definitely not secure by any means...otherwise i wouldn't be pulling 70+ hours per week out in the mountains chasing smugglers.
Tell me you don't love burritos.

You know they're better where you live now.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Suspend (Conditionally...) Posse Commitatus, and put the NG on the borders. Increase regular AD missions along the borders in cooperation with local LE and Border Patrol folks. Bring out the boys and act like you are serious about securing the country from those who wish to come here with nefarious purposes and allow those who wish to come and contribute in a positive way an easier pathway...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I still say we put up a charged fence. A few crispy bodies should be a good deterrent.
Jeezus. A fence of any kind? Really? Come on.

Principle of obstacles: They must be covered by observation and fire. (In this case, substitute "enforcement potential" for "fire")

The idea of the 15' ladder for the 14' fence is barely scratching the surface, when smugglers use all kinds of tunneling and other bypass methods. Any static barrier, even an advanced hyper-expensive sensor array, is easily defeat-able.

The best answer to the "border defense" issue is not a fence, but better observation using things like surveillance drones or balloons that aren't static or easily visible, and mobile buried/airdropped disposable sensors. With highly mobile teams of enforcement agents to act on information gained.

However, all propositions about guarding the border are missing the bigger point...we should be countering illegal immigration at the source, by making it an unappealing thing to do. #1, rigorous employer enforcement making it an unattractive risk and #2, a workable guest worker program that gets American companies labor that helps the economy while protecting the workers' human rights and ensuring a fair minimum salary.

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Jeezus. A fence of any kind? Really? Come on.

Principle of obstacles: They must be covered by observation and fire. (In this case, substitute "enforcement potential" for "fire")

The idea of the 15' ladder for the 14' fence is barely scratching the surface, when smugglers use all kinds of tunneling and other bypass methods. Any static barrier, even an advanced hyper-expensive sensor array, is easily defeat-able.
The Israelis figured this out, which is why their concrete wall is 26' high and backed by their military...

MikeD said:
However, all propositions about guarding the border are missing the bigger point...we should be countering illegal immigration at the source, by making it an unappealing thing to do. #1, rigorous employer enforcement making it an unattractive risk and #2, a workable guest worker program that gets American companies labor that helps the economy while protecting the workers' human rights and ensuring a fair minimum salary.
The problem is that unless it's implemented nationally, it's not going to work. Just look at Georgia. Even if it *is* implemented nationally, it'll mean higher food costs for everyone which isn't really a viable political strategy. Neither party wants to do anything about it, they just want to blather on and on to keep their base(s) happy.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The problem is that unless it's implemented nationally, it's not going to work. Just look at Georgia. Even if it *is* implemented nationally, it'll mean higher food costs for everyone which isn't really a viable political strategy. Neither party wants to do anything about it, they just want to blather on and on to keep their base(s) happy.
Crops don't pick themselves. This is always a fun topic in California when people talk about "shipping them back where they came from". :panic:

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
its like saying bring all the mfg jrbs back to MERKIA. Buf **** if im paying more than $1.05 for my shiny ifruit! I WANT MY CAKE CHEAP!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
1) Take down fence
2) Lay off all the border patrollers
3) Enough with the WOD already
4) Live with our neighbors

We have no need to become East Germany, but we have certainly been trying.
i take it you don't live in el paso...or brownsville...or any southern border town

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Surprisingly..It's not that good here. There aren't any real burrito joints as they're all just "authentic" restaurants and the true post-ride burrito is an American invention, ie Moes/Chipotle etc. Everything here taste like the same greasy meat in a tortilla regardless of where you go. I am disappoint.

MikeD: The technology is there and we use it for everyday operations but it's the will of the politicians that hold us back and prevent us from doing our job as effectively as we could. We could shut it down right now if they'd let us but instead, it's easier to accommodate the armed enemy insurgents hooched up in our mountaintops than it is to go after them with force for fear of appearing to harsh. If the American people knew how many armed scouts, working for the cartels, are on our soil serving as forward observers for smugglers, they'd likely demand some actual enforcement instead of this kinder/gentler crap we're forced to abide by. ...and then, of course, we're the bad guys for shooting dope smugglers at the line because we don't like having our heads reshaped by one of the hundreds of football sized rocks that fly over the fence whenever they are covering their dope runners.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Gladly..but you have to be the first neighborly envoy to discuss the new logistics of dope lanes between the cartels. Come down south sometime..It's not the Vermont/Canada border down here and your naivete will be quickly lost.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Gladly..but you have to be the first neighborly envoy to discuss the new logistics of dope lanes between the cartels. Come down south sometime..It's not the Vermont/Canada border down here and your naivete will be quickly lost.
You should be guarding the Canadian boarder, it seems safer.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Surprisingly..It's not that good here. There aren't any real burrito joints as they're all just "authentic" restaurants and the true post-ride burrito is an American invention, ie Moes/Chipotle etc. Everything here taste like the same greasy meat in a tortilla regardless of where you go. I am disappoint.
You guys really do have an immigration problem. There's nothing wrong with 'authentic' but there certainly is a problem with shltty authentic. You need to start crackin some heads.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Did, uh, you miss the following?

1) Take down fence
2) Lay off all the border patrollers
3) Enough with the WOD already
4) Live with our neighbors

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
No i didn't miss it...smuggling corridors for cartels well be war zones regardless of what is being smuggled. If all drugs were legal the smuggling organizations would smuggle in whatever is illegal. You'll never end the sex trade and other vices that will always have a market in any first world country. Besides..It's not a war On drugs, it's a war Over drugs..as in, who controls the drugs. I loosely share JBP's vision of utopia but, unfortunately, i have to deal with the current ugly reality until human nature takes a u-turn.
So on that note I'm off to bed and when i wake up (at 0330) it will be:
HAPPY 273rd Birthday Marines!

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
The Israelis figured this out, which is why their concrete wall is 26' high and backed by their military...
And about what, a quarter of the length of the total border perimeter of AZ? Less?

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
And while I'm all for the end on drug prohibition, I wonder if the demand for un-taxed, un-regulated drugs would still cause a big problem at the border or not.

I mean, there is a black market for unstamped tobacco and booze, still, but it's a minor enforcement issue, not like what was happening trying to enforce constitutional Prohibition on everyone. But alcohol and tobacco aren't heroin, either, and you gotta try and project where the cartels will end up profiting more. Takes a bigger brain than mine, or at least a more informed one.