Quantcast

Waiting for the vet...

pZyteX

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
Amsterdam
To come and put my dog to sleep.

Had her since I was 12, this morning she fell over during her walk and couldn't get back up. I've seen it coming for a while now but it still sucks now that the day is here.

Also, I've had something in my eye for the last hour:mad:

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
Sucks to hear. Keep in mind you're doing the right thing. When a Pup loses quality of life the worst thing you could do is prolong any suffering she may be going through.

Last edited:

pZyteX

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
Amsterdam
Sucks to hear. Keep in mind you're doing the right thing. When a Pup loses quality of life the worst thing you could do is prolong any suffering she may be going through.
Thanks man, vet said the same thing. Still it's weird to decide over life or death.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
sorry man. remember that you gave him the best life a dog could have.

somewhat related - caught the last half of marley and me last night. gets me every time.

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
Dude, this sucks. I had the hardest time years ago when I had to put down my Husky Pasha. Has him from a pup.

Now we have our Australian Shepherd Rowdy.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i never thought i'd miss getting woke up by a morning nut shot from a 110 lb dog......but it was weird the last time i watched his house and his dog wasn't there.

pZyteX

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
Amsterdam
Thanks for all the support guys, vet gave her a shot to make her fall asleep and then the final shot. She took a few deep breaths and then gave her final breath.
And then I went for a short motorcycle ride to clear my mind.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^^

Well, that is hard to read. I've got a 15 year old little guy and may be in that situation in the not too distant future.

Hope you remember all the good times and get a new one at some point to create new memories with.

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
I had to put my 16 year old Aussie down last month and it was really tough. Although it was kinda funny when the vet stuck the needle in his arm, he bit her- then blacked out. Made me smile knowing he wasn't going out like some punk.