Quantcast

wake the eff up! msa is this weekend, broflakes!

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Sorry duders, I can only find pit photos from '93 MSA and Mt. Snow. Herbold with his arm around a 14-year-old me, for example. I'll keep digging for race photos. I really want to find the shirtless Lopes photo.

I did find worlds '95 pics from Germany, though.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Why is Walker up 9seconds on second place qualifier for juniors, and what happened to Iles?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Rock Jesus looks well set if he can keep air in his tyres tomorrow.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Despite wanting gwin to win, I'm standing by Minnaar taking it. He's got 6-7 more seconds in him.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Bonjour monkeys, MSA Day is almost upon us! Even the multitude of faux, no DH bike owning cunt monkeys are excited about this race.

As much as I have enjoyed toodles and gary arguing about the merits and watchability of Endureau, its time for shit to get real in Canadian frog country again, so lets fire up some background info and post up the podiums for tomorrow:

* The Frenchies love adding an extra "e" on the end of words, which makes it all the more baffling that they left one off - Mont[?] Sainte Anne.

* Schladming and MSA have the same latitude degree (47) and Sam Hill has kicked ass at both venues...just sayin'

* Never gets old

* The cavalcade of prototype flex wheelers showing up on the WC circuit continues. I feel bad for the vertically limited ladies (& kidwoo of course) and the beating their undercarriages will be taking in the future.

* I feel sorry for every bike that gets ridden here this weekend. Even the XC bikes...no wonder some of the bikes didn't make the plane.

* I haven't taken a dump today...I guess I need to double up on my poutin intake.

* This seems apropos -

Pffft, this is too easy. Sometimes my crystal meth ball is a little fuzzy about certain race day results, but this one is pretty straight forward:

1.) The Spirit Of Stevie Smith (SSS) - A hush falls over the crowd as a detached molestache comes floating up to the start gate...The silence is then shattered when a chain saw erupts into full throttle and SSS briefly shows himself before setting off on a massive precambrian Canadian cave bear to take the top step -

Long Live Chainsaw!!

2.) Lemmy - I guess the spirit world prefers DH over Endureau as well. The maven of metal rolls up to the start gate sporting a classic Victory motorcycle and when the start marshal tells him no gas powered bikes are allowed, he gets a half smoked Marlboro red in the eye and mostly empty bottle of Jack Daniels to the ear. After lighting another cigarette and retrieving a fresh bottle of JD from his saddle bag, Lemmy lets it rip, using an unusual grip technique in which both middle fingers are extended throughout the entire run. Born to raise hell indeed.

3.) David Bowie - In an explosion of glitter that even jdcamb thinks is a bit excessive, Ziggy Stardust makes a grand(e) re-entrance to the material world! It's a freaking ethereal rave party now! And lets face it, if anyone likes a weird ghostly gala, its a disembodied David Bowie. Rockin a new TLD kit (see below), David crushes the course by gliding over the east-ish rocks on a bedazzled Stormtrooper speeder bike. Got my red shoes on, so lets dance bitches!

4.) Kelly McGarry - Freeride ain't dead mutha fuckas! Well sorta, but none of that matters when a ghostly McGazzilla skips the whole track and just hucks his meat to the finish line. Only the massive air time keeps him taking the win, but with all the good Canadian bud around and Lemmy's saddlebag of endless JD, Kelly is just stoked to enjoy the scene and send out healing vibes (and these actually provide some therapeutic benefit) to fellow sender Remy Morton. And yes, his bike completely disintegrates when he lands at the bottom.

5.) Mayor Rob Ford - We're in French-Canadia...there's a lot of meth in French-Canadia...Where there's a lot of meth, there's Mayor McSandwich! That's right, not even death can stop the bloated former Mayor of Toronto from making the show, punching photographers and drunkenly hitting on every leopard skin tight wearing French Canadian hooker in sight (which is no small feat mind you). Wearing the same pink suit he used to insult "pinko" Toronto cyclists in 2013, McSandwich rips down the track on a [wait for it....just a little longer] FAT bike ( :rimshot: ) to take the 5th step, making it a clean sweep for the shredders from the other side.

La Femmes:

1. Tahnee - Based on a recent intagram post, she definitely has form. Great form in fact. Seems like she's also on form when riding a bike, so if/when it rains, its hard to bet against the UK ladies.
2. Trace - If it tacks up or is somehow relatively dry, I think she could take the win provided she doesn't channel her inner Mik and take a race run digger.
3. Rach - Wouldn't surprise me if Queen Ya Know is on the top step, but she seems beatable at MSA given how brutally un-endureau the track is combined with a weakened shoulder.
4. Pom Pom - Can't keep the Frenchies off the podium in their French Alaska.
5. George Michael - the ghostly pop star joins his fellow spectral UK musicians and snaps up the last spot, wearing his patented form fitting hot pants. Finn Iles is super jelly of his perfectly frosted tips.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I want Gwin on this one just because 'merica...But if it isn't going to be Gwin, I think Greg has the best chance...but maybe one of the young guns. Times' a changin out there.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Let's make this interesting and have it be anyone but Gwin and Greg please.

Sep 11, 2015
What about Neko? I was super bummed he didn't get to race in Lenzerheide, and I've always liked that guy. Seems like he's due for a great result.

Didn't he crash really hard at MSA a couple years ago?

In any case, my best friend is choosing to go watch a CrossFit competition instead of streaming the race and then going to ride with me afterward. I am crushed.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What about Neko? I was super bummed he didn't get to race in Lenzerheide, and I've always liked that guy. Seems like he's due for a great result.

In any case, my best friend is choosing to go watch a CrossFit competition instead of streaming the race and then going to ride with me afterward. I am crushed.
If I recall correctly he basically went full on derp and slammed off the big hip jump under the lift.

You're friend, although a ban worthy offence might have the right idea. Avoid the interwebs all day and do something else, save the race for the replay. This way you avoid and bullshit delays or RedBull issues. :)

::edit:: my bad, reading comprehension is at an all time low here. Skipping the stream AND a ride? Yeah, that is ban worthy.

::MOAR editz:: https://www.pinkbike.com/video/264542/ :/

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

I'm so sat that crossfit has devolved to this level.

i, too, would love to see neko do well. super stoked on luca shaw's progress though. good to see his bro walker show up sometimes too.