Quantcast

wake the eff up! msa is this weekend, broflakes!

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Don't wanna talk about it.
Found out late that i could go.
...but nothing outside of 300 a night rooms in Quebec city available.
No camping either, buddy that does have a site already has a squatter.
So, I'm going to the local hill and avail myself of the 750 feet of vertical instead.
Maybe next year....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So, I'm going to the local hill and avail myself of the 750 feet of vertical instead.
Maybe next year....
I might go and sleep in the car.. what the chances the cops will kick me out?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I just pray that all the riders using carbon bars finish the day safely.

#jesusandstuff

Maybe next year....
Just do it like a true Quebecois and steal something.

edit: while smoking

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Can't wait!

In the unlikely event that the race sucks, here is some old school MSA action from 1993. The good old days before the invention of technology and geometry... Apart from the wheel size that was properly figured out and optimized at that time, it's amazing how EVERYTHING was wrong on these bikes.

Missy Giove @ 9:55.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
God that shit sucked. There is no part of me that ever wishes I was a part of that mess. Old school surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding, motocross......yeah there's a little bit of "I wish I was there". Not that. It's amazing the power of spandex.

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Wuut what a vid! "look at her coming through the technical section, there is at least three turns in a row here" and "she is just back from a three week suspension from hitting a commissary" god all mighty that was a real laugh haha! But man dh was a road fest back then.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I predict Minnaar wins decisively. Everybody else is going to have a good run, and Minnaar is gonna put 2-3 seconds on them.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I predict everybody and their dog being on wagon wheels...fast, rough, straight and Minnaar on them, so the me-toos come out in hordes. ;)

pizza diavola

Monkey
Dec 3, 2013
The race is on Saturday, so quallies on Friday, practice tomorrow, track walk today? Surely we should have heard from both Claudio and @jackalope by now?

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Digging through old photos and I found some decent ones from the old days at MSA. Do I just take photos of the photos? I don't have access to a quality scanner.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Can't wait!

In the unlikely event that the race sucks, here is some old school MSA action from 1993. The good old days before the invention of technology and geometry... Apart from the wheel size that was properly figured out and optimized at that time, it's amazing how EVERYTHING was wrong on these bikes.

Missy Giove @ 9:55.
There may come a day where everything will be wrong with our bikes. Ya know, standards and shit.

Also, isn't that called Gravelbiking these days?

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Wow. That compression /Huck thing at the bottom of the speed section is scary. It's also clear how much more controlled the Ohlins suspension is through there. I'm sure it's in large part Bruni, but the bike is much more quiet through the section than any other one (that we saw).

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
that raw from the germs was fucking great. A lot of the raw footage lately has felt like they pick 2-3 corners and film riders hitting the same corner over and over, which is cool but gets a little boring.

This felt like one of the videos Dirt used to produce, not a ton of slowmo, just a lot of the trail and riders bookin it. +1

Edit: also, interesting to listen to Minnaar's "off the cuff" interview in vital, where he talks about how his biggest riding strength is how much he likes to jump and how comfortable he is in the air is interesting. I guess the reason he looks so super hooman smoove is because he's spent all his life learning to jump off super shitty jumps and it forces you to ride the terrain really well.

Maybe thats the moral for the neverquites like Brendan and Phill Atwill, less time on jumps, more time jumping off shitty pops on the trail.

Last edited: