Quantcast

^*^ Wake the fuck up ^*^

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ugh. First solid night sleep in a week. Feels good, but having a hard time getting moving. My wife wants to go for a hike. I'm not looking forward to fighting with the boys to get them moving. It's so nice to just sit on the couch with the sun shining on me, a coffee in hand and classical music on the radio...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. One of the springs on the Subaru didn't settle right, so back up to fix it. Got my end links too, so those will get tossed on while I'm down there. Then it's baseboards all day after a week off.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Why was I up at 5am on a Saturday? Who knows! Coffee consumed, oatmeal eaten, poop deposited and laundry complete. Now to move 10+yards of topsoil, seed and treat for ticks before the rain.

Oh, and I get to suit my kid up in goalie gear and drive balls at her...good times! She plays varsity field hockey but our JV goalie is going to miss tomorrow’s game so she’s going to give it a try. Probably going to be more fun for me

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Also, my girls are beasts! Yes, they’re fit (both are competitive gymnasts) but it’s so cool to see them using their upper body strength and balance. Took them to the NinjaLab yesterday and they were both crushing it. There were 3 older teenagers there that were in awe of their ability to do most of the obstacles (that they were struggling with). One ripped open his hands and my oldest told him to get some preparationH and they’ll heal faster/feel better and showed her hands...he was stunned and then she revealed that she’s a level 7/8 gymnast and they asked her a bunch of questions about her strength and acknowledged how fit she was...totally a proud mom moment!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Much snuggles from babies 2 and 3 thus far. Baby 1 has been reading on the couch downstairs the whole time.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
wow, friend just told me that we descended almost 60,000 feet of all gnurr in 9 or so days of riding with no lifts. And about 28k of climbing, (not totally sure) most between 10k and 15k elevation.
The Strava stats are a little messed up because I recorded a bunch in snowboard mode, which didn't count some of the climbs. I think I am ready for Moab.
But im still slow.
And old.
and ugly.

this was a great test of a few new things, the Altitude, the Zeb, the '21 X2 performance, the Tannus, the Mullet, and the Dissector. I can't think of a better test for these things.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
clunking spring was upside down, because working at 6am. Now I have to check the other side. Fucking fucks. Getting really good at the "updated" control arm setup, which is a PITA. Everything now bolts down into a single control arm vs. before I was one of two for the end-link, the other a stabilizer, and then the strut directly to the hub. This? Monstrous pita. I might just saw fuck it and get a machined aftermarket pair that is easier to install (and has camber adjustment).

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
clunking spring was upside down, because working at 6am. Now I have to check the other side. Fucking fucks. Getting really good at the "updated" control arm setup, which is a PITA. Everything now bolts down into a single control arm vs. before I was one of two for the end-link, the other a stabilizer, and then the strut directly to the hub. This? Monstrous pita. I might just saw fuck it and get a machined aftermarket pair that is easier to install (and has camber adjustment).
If you don't do it at least twice, you'll never know that it was done correctly.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Don't ask.
I got caught up in pandemic panic purchasing. Honestly, I thought I could get away with it with the Tannus, so it was a bit of a failed experiment. That said, it lasted until the second to last ride, and the impact very well may have destroyed a dh/dd as well. The Andes should actually be called the 'Rockier Mountains'.
But yeah, lesson learned. I ride fairly 'light' anyway. (Rarely break wheels, tires, etc).

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Ride complete. Original plan was to hop on unit bearings and u-joints, but 75 and sunny means outdoor family stuff the rest of the day seems more logical. Rainy tomorrow, so that's a better fit.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yo Monkeys!

So the house was listed as being near railroad tracks. I grew up 100 yards from tracks, no issues.

This is fucking close.

PXL_20210410_174127564.jpg

It's like 20 feet from the back door. Damn.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Haven't ridden yet, but finally got off my arse and got my tax documentation organized and sent off to my tax preparer person. Last year I shuttered an S-Corp I had been running freelance through, but I still am part of an LLC for the race car team. That plus random freelance, stimulus checks, remote working expenses (if there are any), mortgage interest, paying off student loans, blah blah blah makes me hesitant to file my own. That, and I haven't filed my own since 2006... and the tax code/laws are JACKED from what I understand. So... paying an expert seems like a solid plan.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Haven't ridden yet, but finally got off my arse and got my tax documentation organized and sent off to my tax preparer person. Last year I shuttered an S-Corp I had been running freelance through, but I still am part of an LLC for the race car team. That plus random freelance, stimulus checks, remote working expenses (if there are any), mortgage interest, paying off student loans, blah blah blah makes me hesitant to file my own. That, and I haven't filed my own since 2006... and the tax code/laws are JACKED from what I understand. So... paying an expert seems like a solid plan.
Now you are speaking wifey's language!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Went to mount new rear sway and 3 bolts for mounting bracket are stripped. Drill is out, but muffler has to come off. And that's somewhat rusted, so new bolts/nuts and gasket. Fucking fucks.

At least main floor and basement baseboards are done.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
When does the big turbo get installed?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
friend: heck. Audi blew up, and with brand new snow tires
me: I should swap my old wheels and worn out snow tires before you have it towed
friend: actually, yea you should.
me: got brand new Michelin snow tires + 4 spare all seasons as a kicker

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
rode w/11yo down to the seafood shoppe and procured ridiculously priced lobsters from not around here because beach and spring break and why not. i can't even eat 'em as i've been allergic since age 30 but the fam seems to be enjoying them. fortunately the beach grocery store had breakfast stout in stock.