Quantcast

>>>Wake the heck up Friday GMT<<<

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
hi kids. one more day, i can make. weekend at my buddy's cabin near central PA (not state college). it was requested that a bring a chainsaw. shenanigans will likely ensue.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Finally Friday! I'm thinking the wifey and I will go skiing tomorrow as long as the wind chill isn't too bad. Might even get a few inches of fresh pow today/tonight (on top of hard packed groomed corduroy).

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
As we were hydrating in preparation for our weekly night ride last night, one of our good friend's bikes was stolen off his locked bike rack just outside. F@!*#ing bike thieves. Super bummed for him, despite the fact that it'll likely be covered by his homeowners insurance it's just crappy. For the Colorado folks, it's a green Surly Krampus with a carbon lefty fork and custom green J-Paks frame bags. There's a thread on MTBR, which I aim to repost in the Colorado RM forum. Keep an eye out eh?

In more positive news, this was also the first night ride in my new winter shoes... And enjoyed warm toes despite some legit cold temps and a bit of tromping in the snow. Can't believe I haven't made the investment sooner.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
As we were hydrating in preparation for our weekly night ride last night, one of our good friend's bikes was stolen off his locked bike rack just outside. F@!*#ing bike thieves. Super bummed for him, despite the fact that it'll likely be covered by his homeowners insurance it's just crappy. For the Colorado folks, it's a green Surly Krampus with a carbon lefty fork and custom green J-Paks frame bags. There's a thread on MTBR, which I aim to repost in the Colorado RM forum. Keep an eye out eh?

In more positive news, this was also the first night ride in my new winter shoes... And enjoyed warm toes despite some legit cold temps and a bit of tromping in the snow. Can't believe I haven't made the investment sooner.
sucks about your buddy's bike. theives are the worst (see my post about the santa cruz heist)

what winter shoes did you get?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Thanks man yeah he's bummed, for sure crappy.

I got Northwave Celsiuses. Celsii? Whatever. Non-Artic version, but still Goretex. Wore them with a single layer of mid- to heavyweight wool ski sock on a 2-1/4 hour ride in sub 20-degree temps. Full disclosure: The toes were slightly chilled by the end, but a completely tolerable amount of chilled especially given temps and duration. I'm thinking experimenting with sock layer combos for different temp ranges will do away with almost all issues. Last nights temps would have rendered me in excruciating pain with former setup (Shimano DX shoes with shoe covers) so I'm stoked.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I got Northwave Celsiuses. Celsii? Whatever. Non-Artic version, but still Goretex. Wore them with a single layer of mid- to heavyweight wool ski sock on a 2-1/4 hour ride in sub 20-degree temps. Full disclosure: The toes were slightly chilled by the end, but a completely tolerable amount of chilled especially given temps and duration. I'm thinking experimenting with sock layer combos for different temp ranges will do away with almost all issues. Last nights temps would have rendered me in excruciating pain with former setup (Shimano DX shoes with shoe covers) so I'm stoked.
cool. i've got the lake mx303. it's a night and day difference for winter riding. super glad i finally broke down and got them last season. i only wear a midweight wool sock with them, a heavy wool sock is too warm for me.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
went out for an xc ski with my buddies last night. despite it being -15°F (before the windchill), it was manageable. We finished with all our fingers, toes and noses! Post-ride beers and mussels were very welcome.

Trying to listen in to a conference call right now where I can't hear a friggin thing.

Gonna take the missus to a dentist appointment at lunch, and head over to the rack store to have my new roof rack installed while she's getting her teeth drilled.

Glad the weekend is almost upon us...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

10 mile run this morning, because apparently, I hate myself.

Good god, does this make a good cup of coffee:

Surly Krampus with a carbon lefty fork and custom green J-Paks frame bags. There's a thread on MTBR, which I aim to repost in the Colorado RM forum. Keep an eye out eh?
That's a pretty unique bike, going to be hard to foist that one off. Start hitting the pawn shops.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Long weekend kicked off with an awesome ride. This winter has been soo good.

Just creaked over to the barber for a haircut, currently sipping a black lager at the local growler fill place, then groceries to make my woman dinner. She works nights tonight.

Not 100% sure ill be able to get up from this stool.

Shattered. Many personal bests on the ol strava.

It's dorky, but man does it motivate.