Quantcast

<Wake>Thursday<Up!>

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
First news of the morning, 13 person shooting at a country bar in Ventura late last night. Weapon of choice something semi-automatic. Time to talk and do nothing about mental health... Edit: because R won't do a fucking thing about the guns.

Sick baby = no work today. Planning on going to the Mueller protest downtown tonight, but I need to sort out the kid schedule with the Wifey.

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Seems to be last day of fall today. Winter moving in with a vengeance... Time to get Le Fatbike ready.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning, I guess.

Pulled out my light the other week, since it's dark at like Noon these days. Couldn't find the usb cable to charge it. It's an older Serfas, so I checked online, then called them, and was assured they have the correct part for me. Yay! Great success. Package arrives. Wrong cable. BOO to them.

If anyone has an unwanted USB cable that looks like this, I'll take it.
serfas light.jpg

ps: this light hasn't been turned on for at least a year and it's still super bright. Serfas makes decent stuff.

Seems to be last day of fall today. Winter moving in with a vengeance... Time to get Le Fatbike ready.
Yeah, I have to put winter tires on the Moonlander.

Good morning, I guess.

Pulled out my light the other week, since it's dark at like Noon these days. Couldn't find the usb cable to charge it. It's an older Serfas, so I checked online, then called them, and was assured they have the correct part for me. Yay! Great success. Package arrives. Wrong cable. BOO to them.

View attachment 131377

ps: this light hasn't been turned on for at least a year and it's still super bright. Serfas makes decent stuff.
You're looking for a mini-USB.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Feeling better today, despite not having given a birth to a rock, yet. Perhaps I am a proud father of moon dust?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode 20km with the dudes in the dark last night. Hit some sweet berms and almost launched right out of one...it was way tighter of a berm than I remembered and in the dark, that shit comes up fast! Everything seemed to click last night; the bike felt dialed and I had so much damn energy.

Alas, beers and biking late at night usually means I get the crappiest of sleeps on Wednesday nights. Thursdays are always a total ass dragging affair.

No worries though, I was smart and booked tomorrow off work, so its actually Friday. Yay. :dance:

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good morning, I guess.

View attachment 131377

I have a couple.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Good morning, I guess.

View attachment 131377

Just a regular mini-USB cable?

I store them next to my Zoke air adapter that you didn't want :(

If you're home later I might have to head down into town for a post office pickup and can drop one off.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Good morning, I guess.

View attachment 131377

just grab one off of amazon. I bet you can get a cheap cable for $3 shipped in two days. I'd send you one of my 300 but it would cost as much in shipping and an envelope as you just buying one prime.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
what is it with auto dealers and the "CLICK HERE FOR E-PRICE" button? Every time I've filled that out, I get exactly the same price that's listed, but now I get two calls a day for a month.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Just a regular mini-USB cable?

I store them next to my Zoke air adapter that you didn't want :(

If you're home later I might have to head down into town for a post office pickup and can drop one off.
I just ordered one. $4.99 + free ship. :rant: When you come down will you have time to grab lunch??

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
anyone out there work with drawknives? looking into getting one, primarily gonna be used for debarking. straight vs curved? size?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
sounds like somebody needs to whip out the caulk.
Had a difficult time deciding between rating this post “Funny” or “Useful”.

Alas, beers and biking late at night usually means I get the crappiest of sleeps on Wednesday nights. Thursdays are always a total ass dragging affair.
Same for me, except Thursday night, Friday day. Might I recommend adding in some wHiskey from a flask? It doesn’t make the day after better, but it’s delicious.

I decided against taking a shot at it with my air rifle last night. concrete floors and all.
Safety third. What could possibly go wrong?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
First news of the morning, 13 person shooting at a country bar in Ventura late last night. Weapon of choice something semi-automatic. Time to talk and do nothing about mental health... Edit: because R won't do a fucking thing about the guns.
Hearing the asshole was a Vet suffering from PTSD, thank god Trump fixed the VA so every Vet gets the care they ne...oh wait...

Seriously, there is no denying that there is a mental health aspect to these types of shootings, nor is there a snowball's chance in hell that either party is going to do anything related to gun control, and I think even a full on gun ban is at best a band-aid. So yeah, maybe we ought to take a good hard look at mental health and how we do jack shit about it in this Country. As an added bonus, better mental health care might fix the homeless crisis and could put a serious dent in the suicide numbers.

On a less political Thursday note, I was up all night due to helicopters circling above my house while reporting on the Borderline shooting, as of now Moorpark road is closed meaning I won't be able to get to the trail head right up the road from Borderline for tonight's ride. Today is not starting out very well.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hearing the asshole was a Vet suffering from PTSD, thank god Trump fixed the VA so every Vet gets the care they ne...oh wait...

Seriously, there is no denying that there is a mental health aspect to these types of shootings, nor is there a snowball's chance in hell that either party is going to do anything related to gun control, and I think even a full on gun ban is at best a band-aid. So yeah, maybe we ought to take a good hard look at mental health and how we do jack shit about it in this Country. As an added bonus, better mental health care might fix the homeless crisis and could put a serious dent in the suicide numbers.

On a less political Thursday note, I was up all night due to helicopters circling above my house while reporting on the Borderline shooting, as of now Moorpark road is closed meaning I won't be able to get to the trail head right up the road from Borderline for tonight's ride. Today is not starting out very well.