Quantcast

<Wake>Thursday<Up!>

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ah Thursday and another mass shooting with an obligatory serving of mental health care discussion.

The real mental health issue here is this country's collective obsession with guns that prioritizes their ease and availability above all else, including the lives of children.

not directed at you @DirtyMike

No worries..... One of the greatest things about this country is people being able to look at things with different views and opinions.....

Personally, I like facts, and facts show shootings are actually lower than ever. They just get publicized far more than ever.

Not saying there is t a problem, just saying it isn't a single answer.

My biggest gripe is that Everytime there is a new event, everyone wants some magical answer that will fix everything right now..... And this just isn't something that can be fixed that easily. That on top of everyone always pushing their own agenda vs actually thinking about a good direction.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
No worries..... One of the greatest things about this country is people being able to look at things with different views and opinions.....

Personally, I like facts, and facts show shootings are actually lower than ever. They just get publicized far more than ever.
I don't buy that. Mass casualty events are a newer animal, taking the stats in New directions. These events used to be very rare, now they are commonplace.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well my wallet is now $500 dollars lighter and so is my dental insurance company's. temporary crown on molar #2 is in place and the permanent crown will get put on Nov 28th. It was nice to be able to eat normally tonight after going a week with a broken tooth and only being able to chew on the left side.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Well my wallet is now $500 dollars lighter and so is my dental insurance company's. temporary crown on molar #2 is in place and the permanent crown will get put on Nov 28th. It was nice to be able to eat normally tonight after going a week with a broken tooth and only being able to chew on the left side.
hah-i’m so slack i’ve been putting off crown work on the right hand side of my mouth for probably 7-8 years...lots of chewing on the left...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fuck it Friday tomorrowz.

Calling for freezing temps and maybe a little snow. Seems like a great day for one last shot at riding the steepest (and probably longest) trail in the area. The thing drops about 840 feet in just under a mile. Soil is clay, so we'll see if we ride it.....or slide it. :clue:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I don't buy that. Mass casualty events are a newer animal, taking the stats in New directions. These events used to be very rare, now they are commonplace.
Well, mass casualty evens are nothing new.... Not by far... Difference today, is the tools being used have changed. They are not as rare over history as people like to think. Statistics show shootings, all shootings, are down, and lower than the fifties.....

Not thinking politically in any way at all... I will say this..... It's not about guns..... Guns are the target because it's a tool being used in a bad way.......
The thing people forget, is bad people will do bad things. If someone wants to harm a large group of people, and they absolutely can't find guns...... They will find another way as history has shown.

There is definitely an issue, the question, the real question..... Is where do we start?
Mental health in these people that carry out these attacks, be it a firearms or a bomb or a car through a crowd... Is obviously a consideration, the answer is not simply ridding firearms.....

Again don't get me wrong, I don't have issues with background checks, I encourage them, I also dont have issue with a waiting period.... Personally if you "need" it right friggin now.... Maybe you need to go home and rethink your coming decisions.........
You can't argue to me that someone needs it right now. You just can't..... You can say it's an emergency order from stalker blah blah...... If your not training with it before you need it, might as well not have it.....

Anywho..... It's when bad things like this become politicized that I get mad. It's just taking advantage of a bad event.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Fuck it Friday tomorrowz.

Calling for freezing temps and maybe a little snow. Seems like a great day for one last shot at riding the steepest (and probably longest) trail in the area. The thing drops about 840 feet in just under a mile. Soil is clay, so we'll see if we ride it.....or slide it. :clue:
awww yeah. sounds like the last one we did at wilson's when you were here (where your buddy otb'd). them's the goods!