Quantcast

*!* Wake up, already! *!*

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Quite a bit actually. Completely forgot that I threw parts on this Roadie and them parked it for 2 years. Was having perineal nerve issues on longer rides. Even the few tweaks last night felt way better, will see how it performs on road tonight.
Let me know about your taint.

I had a lot of taint issues on even medium rides until I tried a variety of seats. I still occasionally have issues, but I'm finally off weird tri saddles. If you find something that works that isn't saddle related, I'd love to know.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Dropped off kids 1 and 2 at their camp then went and rode a nice, relaxed loop of Mountain Lion.

Soon work 2-10 PM.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Am I the only one that got through book 1 and never really had much interest in continuing the series? :think:
Book 1 was tough and felt disjointed. I'm a huge fan of The Dark Tower series and will readily admit that book 1 was mediocre at best and didn't do a whole lot to draw people in.

After that though it really picked up in cadence and enjoyment. Books 2-5 in particular are quite strong. 6-8 aren't as strong, and the ending is quite polarizing. What can you do, tough to please everyone with a story so prolific and spanning decades of the author's life.

Either way, it's a fascinating read if one is a Stephen King fan. It somehow ties together pieces of his multiverse, and given that it was written alongside other books makes it feel like a cogent story and not an afterthought.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> went and rode a nice, relaxed loop of Mountain Lion.
Goddam e-bikers. :rant:

I will say, last time I rode ML I only had a couple rim-strikes... so maybe I'm gettin' smoother on that bitch. :D

Book 1 was tough and felt disjointed. I'm a huge fan of The Dark Tower series and will readily admit that book 1 was mediocre at best and didn't do a whole lot to draw people in.

After that though it really picked up in cadence and enjoyment. Books 2-5 in particular are quite strong. 6-8 aren't as strong, and the ending is quite polarizing. What can you do, tough to please everyone with a story so prolific and spanning decades of the author's life.

Either way, it's a fascinating read if one is a Stephen King fan. It somehow ties together pieces of his multiverse, and given that it was written alongside other books makes it feel like a cogent story and not an afterthought.
So... probably not going to read any more. :homer:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Many fishes were caught, a good day on the river. Wife thoroughly enjoyed her first fly fishing trip too and snagged a couple.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I can't fathom how it could be worse. I mean... 7 books into one 1.5hr movie?
a movie or television series that should have been made 20 years ago with clint eastwood as the only logical choice as roland deschain...

that movie....dare i say....worse tban any fast/furious movie

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
a movie or television series that should have been made 20 years ago with clint eastwood as the only logical choice as roland deschain...

that movie....dare i say....worse tban any fast/furious movie
Sadly enough, whenever I tried to think of an image for Roland Deschain, it always came back to a Clint Eastwood-based individual. But colder... Much, much colder.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sadly enough, whenever I tried to think of an image for Roland Deschain, it always came back to a Clint Eastwood-based individual. But colder... Much, much colder.
I always felt that Clint Eastwood was too much of a dipshit to understand interdimensional travel.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Haters gonna hate, brodozers gonna brodoze.

Rode Harold Parker for the first time in many years. Probably not going to ride it for many years.

Cool rainbow during the thunderstorms I got caught in on the highway on the drive home.
IMG_20210722_163533481_resize_12.jpg
IMG_20210722_185131673_resize_52.jpg

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
***VERY IMPORTANT PSA***

I've often lamented the fact that us secular humanists don't have many "holidays", but tomorrow is Pie and Beer Day (aka the secular version of the Mormon high holiday Pioneer Day) and I am in the mothership SLC...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Am I the only one that got through book 1 and never really had much interest in continuing the series? :think:

I loved the older books when I was a kid. Then my brain formed and was disappointed when the last three came out. Really disappointed in the ending.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
***VERY IMPORTANT PSA***

I've often lamented the fact that us secular humanists don't have many "holidays", but tomorrow is Pie and Beer Day (aka the secular version of the Mormon high holiday Pioneer Day) and I am in the mothership SLC...

Mmmm... pie and beer. :drool:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
What happened? NEMBA pave it? I kinda wanted to head back and try the staircase again.
Id be willing to go back with you in the name of scientific research.

It's the same as it ever was. I didn't have fun for 3 reasons:

1) I remembered the trails WAY less than I would have thought and as a result missed a lot of stuff I liked, rode shit backwards (ie less fun way), etc. It was like I'd never been there, despite riding there several times a week for a couple years.
2) The long wheelbase and wide bars of the YT were not great for the tight and punchy, typical HP terrain. Would have been better off with the 5.spot. Not sure if you'd be in a similar boat with your SB5 vs. what you used to ride there (RFX?)
3) I had a slow leak that refused to seal up and required stopping and pumping 2-3 times, which was miserable in the giant bug infested swamp that HP is.

Those 3 things made it less than fun. The ride I did Sunday in the torrential downpours at Winnikenni was a brazillion times more fun.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Let me know about your taint.

I had a lot of taint issues on even medium rides until I tried a variety of seats. I still occasionally have issues, but I'm finally off weird tri saddles. If you find something that works that isn't saddle related, I'd love to know.

Seat position is key, I had a Selle saddle, but now I run the Specialized Power saddle with the key hole opening. Slight tilt forward was the answer for me, no more numbness. Still need to play with it though, as now I'm too OTB and getting back meets neck brning and pain....

Going to move the sadle back a touch and go till it's comfortable and the burn goes away.