Quantcast

>^< Wake up Heathens its Thurdump GMT>^<

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yeah, I can see that. My kids grew up knowing nothing but OIB as our beach spot, so they had never really questioned it. To illustrate: on my daughter's 13th birthday (shes 18 now), we told her she could pick any activity she wanted for the day. She chose clamming. MMMM clams. I myself could live there, but I love the beach at all times of the year.
Yeah my parents are really hyped on the shrimping industry. I don't like shrimp. Shrimp and a desolate beach with pretty rough waves and apparently also sharks doesn't make for my choice of vacation spots. It's likely we'll stay in myrtle or north at the outer banks in the future.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Yeah my parents are really hyped on the shrimping industry. I don't like shrimp. Shrimp and a desolate beach with pretty rough waves and apparently also sharks doesn't make for my choice of vacation spots. It's likely we'll stay in myrtle or north at the outer banks in the future.
If you think there are not large sharks in the Myrtle beach area and even more so at the Outer Banks, you are sadly mistaken. The water at OIB was flat as a pancake yesterday.

there was a 7 foot tiger and probably a 5-6 foot bonnet head caught from the beach, on the east end of OIB today. I've seen video of what has to be an 8-10 foot bull shark in the ICW at cherry grove. If the water is salty, it is sharky.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was going to complain to my boss today about what gas been going on at work, was really going to let him have it. Then I calculated what I was going to make this year (I get O.T.), I politely gave him a status update and explained how I was going to handle the challenges.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
\
I was going to complain to my boss today about what gas been going on at work, was really going to let him have it. Then I calculated what I was going to make this year (I get O.T.), I politely gave him a status update and explained how I was going to handle the challenges.
They took my OT away. it wasn't a big deal until I worked what would have been 200 hours of OT in January and February of this year.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
If you think there are not large sharks in the Myrtle beach area and even more so at the Outer Banks, you are sadly mistaken. The water at OIB was flat as a pancake yesterday.

there was a 7 foot tiger and probably a 5-6 foot bonnet head caught from the beach, on the east end of OIB today. I've seen video of what has to be an 8-10 foot bull shark in the ICW at cherry grove. If the water is salty, it is sharky.
I'm aware there are sharks everywhere, I'd just rather vacation in a place that there is something to do. The other banks is super nice and closer to home, and myrtle beach is way trashier but fun for the kids.

Are your folks shrimpers?
no, they're generic white people

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
About to order this to replace one of my stolen knives.
Spderco outlet in Golden is your friend.
I own a lot of kershaws but have had issues lately (failed locks etc) and spotty CS when trying to get sorted. 2/10 will no longer bang.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I own a lot of kershaws but have had issues lately (failed locks etc) and spotty CS when trying to get sorted. 2/10 will no longer bang.
i bought a spyderco back in 2002 or 2003 and it still as good as the day i bought it.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Spyderco has a BIG sale every fall. If I can remember I'll post up and be happy to fill up a cart for you slashers.
i bought a spyderco back in 2002 or 2003 and it still as good as the day i bought it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Are you guys going to see Mt Robson? Was the one thing we missed on our Canadian Rockies tour...
We didnt get to see it, though we passed through the park. June is apparently monsoon season up this way and we are mired in poor weather. Must be a tight window between monsoon and wildfire season.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I will check it out.
The one I am replacing the tip broke off & was stolen.
My brother has a leek too. his lock failed.
Maybe you are on to something.