Quantcast

!!! Wake up !!!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
working on the porch. may or may not be enjoying a G&T. freakin gorgeous out. 72*, sunny, no huniditiessssss. no ride this afternoon due to fam/work stuff, but definitely sneaking out tomorrow. weather looks equally good.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
"If"? :rofl:

Whatever skiing I (might) get in this season will likely be in places NOT Colorado, and just day passes...
In the interest of keeping this very important Colorado Ski Season Planning Thread going... I suspect I will be doing a fair bit of walking up a hill this winter. Even got me some new (to me) touring skis. And some new pants.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
In the interest of keeping this very important Colorado Ski Season Planning Thread going... I suspect I will be doing a fair bit of walking up a hill this winter. Even got me some new (to me) touring skis. And some new pants.
Yep - might break out my old AT gitup. But it will also likely be skinning in places NOT Colorado... or at least nowhere near the Front Range. I'm anticipating shitshows at every "nearby" venue... and I don't have the constitution to deal with that shit any more.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yep - might break out my old AT gitup. But it will also likely be skinning in places NOT Colorado... or at least nowhere near the Front Range. I'm anticipating shitshows at every "nearby" venue... and I don't have the constitution to deal with that shit any more.
Yeah. I see the potential for a lot of slides and dead new backcountry skiers.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Probably (definitely) starting to brainstorm some "new" zones that are a little further out, and a little less "known" — if there are any.

Yeah. I see the potential for a lot of slides and dead new backcountry skiers.
The thing about luck, though... but mostly I agree with ya. Hoping for this to not be the case. Regardless, I don't wanna be under or near inexperienced folk if I can help it. Last year things were already starting to get "too crowded" for my tastes. And not just because motherfuckers be poachin' our lines... but safety issues as well. Had a buddy get clotheslined by two huskies who were leashed together but otherwise running free... dogs were just chasing their (very obviously inexperienced) skier owners down the zone the main skintrack gets set. Buddy stopped to adjust a boot, dogs zigged, zagged, then full-on WWF clotheslined him. Fucking people.

me too! what did ya get?
Hot pink ones!

(Black Crows Corvus Freebirds with Dynafit Rotations... saved ~3/4# per foot and should ski pretty similarly to my Atris)