Quantcast

Wakeup <°> puekaW

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I have a drill press, but I need a better way to secure the aluminum 'axle' so it doesn't get deformed.
Go slow, use some mystery oil. When I say slow I mean slow.....

Also.....make a wood die to hold your price. Drill a hole slightly smaller that the price, cut it in half right through the hole.... Use those in your base clamp

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Go slow, use some mystery oil. When I say slow I mean slow.....

Also.....make a wood die to hold your price. Drill a hole slightly smaller that the price, cut it in half right through the hole.... Use those in your base clamp
Yeah, that is kinda the direction I am going...but my entire metal 'shop' is in storage, so kind of a PITA.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I had camarones for lunch... they were, sadly, somewhat disappointing. :(
The Venezuelan chica at the pulque bar last night told us her favorite street vendor for tacos de camarones. She kinda described where to find it, and may have mentioned that she didn't feel that it was 'sanitary' but the tacos were so good she ate them anyways, and what the heck, she's still alive so it must be fine.

We leave in an hour to find this place.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
The Venezuelan chica at the pulque bar last night told us her favorite street vendor for tacos de camarones. She kinda described where to find it, and may have mentioned that she didn't feel that it was 'sanitary' but the tacos were so good she ate them anyways, and what the heck, she's still alive so it must be fine.

last we heard of good ol FT :cray:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Aborted riding because it's cold and wet. Went hiking and finished off the tree from the other night, when the coyote started hunting me. Also took out a few others.

Reopened a trail that's not been ridden in 2-3 years due to a single tree. That one is all fresh loam and loose baby head rox. Will smash it tomorrow.

Deez rox are right beside the trail. Slippery...but new rock garden in the future maybe??

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At least he'll die happy with shrimp tacos in his belly.

Loop was a hoot. The biker-only lollipop on DRS is pretty fucking rad - old skool slow tech almost the whole way.

View attachment 131312 View attachment 131313
Short sleeve, shorts, looks dusty dry.......HORRIBLE.

Actually looks pretty damn cool. :cheers:

Although fingerless gloves. Que?

Also serious question. Whats the garmin for? I mean I assume you know the trails, is it just for logging what you do and whatnot? Asking as they seem interesting, but considering I ALWAYS have a phone on me, I don't see the point?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Short sleeve, shorts, looks dusty dry.......HORRIBLE.

Actually looks pretty damn cool. :cheers:

Although fingerless gloves. Que?

Also serious question. Whats the garmin for? I mean I assume you know the trails, is it just for logging what you do and whatnot? Asking as they seem interesting, but considering I ALWAYS have a phone on me, I don't see the point?
Yeah - I don't know who the fuck that guy was with the gloves. Some phred most likely.

As far as the GPS goes - it's just a tracker. If I had my big-assed phone on my bar I'd inevitably break it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
so apparently i’m supposed to wake up at 6:00 tomorrow and go pace our 13yo for a five mile road race?!?! DAMMIT. wife’s lucky i can just do shit like that. guess it’s time for another ten fiddy...:panic:

also, LOL @ “bike computers” and “gloves”

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah - I don't know who the fuck that guy was with the gloves. Some phred most likely.

As far as the GPS goes - it's just a tracker. If I had my big-assed phone on my bar I'd inevitably break it.
Well yeah son, I wouldn't put a phone on my bars either.

Its called a pocket or a hydration pack.

.....or fanny pack, if ya swing that way. :busted:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Logging. Also a more accurate gps unit than what's in your phone (and will still have map data if there's no cell coverage). Garmin also makes speed cadence and power sensors for their cycling devices if you're that much of a nerd.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Logging. Also a more accurate gps unit than what's in your phone (and will still have map data if there's no cell coverage). Garmin also makes speed cadence and power sensors for their cycling devices if you're that much of a nerd.
I dunno. My phones (I carry two) seem accurate enough. And with trailforks and stuff, there's offline info available for majority of places.

Could not careless about the speed and power and other stuff.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
We have located a street cart with tacos de camaron. It doesn’t seem unsanitary enough to be the cart she was talking about, but I should know tomorrow if it was it.
Two street carts later we have located el mejor tacos al pastor en Puerto Vallarta. El Carboncito in 5 de Diciembre. Muy fuckin delicioso.