Quantcast

<><>wakeup weds gmt<><>

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ass early arrival at work. Putting together some training materials due at 8am, that I was informed of needing yesterday afternoon. Yay responsibility!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends. I went to bed early last night due to a headache. I got to sleep in a little this morning due to no workout. All of that adds up to 10 hours of sleep on a Tuesday night for this guy! :rockout:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
More rain.

Had a lit cigarette bounce off of my windshield this morning. Gross.

Took my car into the shop last night and got it up on the lift. Everything in the front left suspension, axle and ball joint seems to be perfectly tight, yet I can still feel something happening in my feet at lower speeds, on uneven pavement. The only thing we didn't look closely at was the lower control arm bushings. :brow:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
More rain.

Had a lit cigarette bounce off of my windshield this morning. Gross.

Took my car into the shop last night and got it up on the lift. Everything in the front left suspension, axle and ball joint seems to be perfectly tight, yet I can still feel something happening in my feet at lower speeds, on uneven pavement. The only thing we didn't look closely at was the lower control arm bushings. :brow:
It's the lower control arm bushings. :nerd:

The day ahead: meh.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
check the nut behind the wheel.

:rimshot:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Last day of work today. I celebrated by not getting out of bed by 9:30. Genuinely didn't feel well. Finished all my real work last night. Just need to package all their shit to send it back.

Then, for the next month or so at least:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
thought the kid was better and was in the process of getting him ready for daycare. 20 feet from the car he barfs all over me. guess he's not going to daycare. wife's turn to stay home with him.

i managed to pick up some sort of lingering stomach bug. probably from the kid. so it's an alka-seltzer / pepcid / immodium kind of day.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Off to C Springs for house hunting today...dont know if I am looking forward to it or not. Have a shindig at Loveland to attend on Saturday, and skiing Vail with my brother tomorrow, so it wont be all bad...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I keep wanting to use gear, e.g. tire gauge and compass, that I have shipped off to Tucson. Mildly frustrating.
I have usually had one on me while backpacking in great empty spaces, but can't say I have ever used a compass. Although I can say when direction has ever been in question I have been in places with enough topographical resolution to easily determine orientation.

I have usually had one on me while backpacking in great empty spaces, but can't say I have ever used a compass. Although I can say when direction has ever been in question I have been in places with enough topographical resolution to easily determine orientation.
That, for the most part.

Back in the late 1970s I got pretty competent with a Brunton pocket transit as a side effect of caving expeditions, some industrial archaeology hobbying, and marking of land boundaries. As my eyes have aged, it has become more difficult to use.

In biking, I always carry a compass, but have used it only once, when my companion got disoriented. Put the compass on top of our map to reset their head.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That, for the most part.

Back in the late 1970s I got pretty competent with a Brunton pocket transit as a side effect of caving expeditions, some industrial archaeology hobbying, and marking of land boundaries. As my eyes have aged, it has become more difficult to use.

In biking, I always carry a compass, but have used it only once, when my companion got disoriented. Put the compass on top of our map to reset their head.
Was stopped by a park ranger while hiking in the Tetons. Asked me for my permit, it was with my slow friend who was 20 minutes behind me. Asked me where I was going, I didn't know the name of the place. He asked me what trail I was on, didn't know. Asked me if I had a map, nope. He was going to make me walk back to my friend with all the stuff but I then describe the trails I was planning on taking, including major landmarks/peaks/lakes I would pass. Described alternate routes I could take if there were any problems. He just shook his head and let me on my way.

Place names mean nothing unless you are standing in front of a sign that names that place.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i managed to pick up some sort of lingering stomach bug. probably from the kid. so it's an alka-seltzer / pepcid / immodium kind of day.
this is your life for the next decade....or until the mini you develops an immune system.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Off to C Springs for house hunting today...dont know if I am looking forward to it or not. Have a shindig at Loveland to attend on Saturday, and skiing Vail with my brother tomorrow, so it wont be all bad...
be stinkles neighbor...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Heads rolled yesterday. Corporate overlords gave no fvks. Luckily, mine is still attached. Guess having a titanium neck-bone plate helps keep even the virtual axe from cutting through.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Heads rolled yesterday. Corporate overlords gave no fvks. Luckily, mine is still attached. Guess having a titanium neck-bone plate helps keep even the virtual axe from cutting through.
i hope for your sake that you aren't picking up the workloads that formerly belonged to the now decapitated

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Aluminum Bike Sweet Potato or carbon?
Actually baked, it's good that I have bikes on my mind just not for dinner.

At rehab today I convinced the nurse to allow me to spin at 85 with less resistance, typically they want you to spin between 50 and 60 rpm, as an occasional roadie with a full campy kit and cadence monitor I know spinning that slow is suicide...

Today was an awesome workout, I'm thinking about going to work soon. :)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Lots to do today and no f@cks to give. The weather is supposed to be nice the rest of the week, see how it goes. Soccer camp tonight, should be a good time.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i hope for your sake that you aren't picking up the workloads that formerly belonged to the now decapitated
Sorta. One of my henchmen got released. Since he isn't doing production that I have to review, my workload technically got lighter. All others are at full henching capacity, so I don't expect they will pick up the pace to keep me reviewing the same amount of stuff.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Sorta. One of my henchmen got released. Since he isn't doing production that I have to review, my workload technically got lighter. All others are at full henching capacity, so I don't expect they will pick up the pace to keep me reviewing the same amount of stuff.
I want henchmen but I dont have anything that needs henching... must google for alternate purpose.

EDIT: Wiki knows everthing: henchmen are the expendable adherents to the main villian.

Now I want to be the main villian.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Trip booked to Dallas next month. Week long suspension training and practical application event. Gonna be like a meat chandelier up in that Marriot.