Quantcast

Wal-Mart sued by potential preggers..

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Think about it, though. They shop at wal mart in boston looking for birth control after getting nailed the night before. How could they not be sluts?

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
BurlyShirley said:
Think about it, though. They shop at wal mart in boston looking for birth control after getting nailed the night before. How could they not be sluts?
It doesn't matter if they are "sluts" or not. That's why there's a fallacy named for that line of argumentation.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Shut up pvssy. They're sluts. They deserve to be railed and given cab fare. Thats all.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
LordOpie said:
It's ironic that Wal-Mart is on the other side of this same issue in Illnois...

We discussed some phamacists refusing to sell this same drug in IL and Wal-Mart firing them for breaking the law. While I hate WM, they were cool in offering a transfer for these phamacists to a state where the law isn't applicable.
Actually, no I don't think it was that cool to simply transfer the offending pharmacists. In effect, Walmart was conceding that the law said the pharmacists have to sell birth control, but that they didn't disagree with those who refused to sell it. So, they simply shipped off the pharmacists to locations where they would be "legally" able to deny birth control to people.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Old Man G Funk said:
Actually, no I don't think it was that cool to simply transfer the offending pharmacists. In effect, Walmart was conceding that the law said the pharmacists have to sell birth control, but that they didn't disagree with those who refused to sell it. So, they simply shipped off the pharmacists to locations where they would be "legally" able to deny birth control to people.
I don't take it like that, in fact, I suspect WM was just trying to avoid a lawsuit by them.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
fluff said:
That hook's gotta sting...
Yeah, I know Burly's probably just trying to get my goat and/or throw out some platitudes that he/she/it thinks is funny, but since it's already been out there, I thought I would give him/her/it the benefit of the doubt that he/she/it wasn't trying to recreate a joke that was already old.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
LordOpie said:
I don't take it like that, in fact, I suspect WM was just trying to avoid a lawsuit by them.
If I didn't know about Walmart's other "business decisions" in the moral realm, I'd be more willing to believe that might be the case. As it is though I'm as hard pressed to believe that as I am that not stocking the morning after pill is strictly a "business decision."

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Lets think about this:
Chicks in Boston: as a rule, pretty slutty
Chicks at Wal Mart: White trash
Chicks looking for morning after pill: Obviously sexually active
Chicks at wal mart in BOSTON: Slutty as hell

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I guess the question is, is this a Federal or State issue?

How about this... any pharmacy that carries any contraception should be required to carry the morning-after pill? I mean, isn't it a moral/religious issue? Isn't contraception the same kind of "wrong" as the pill?

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
BurlyShirley said:
Lets think about this:
Chicks in Boston: as a rule, pretty slutty
Chicks at Wal Mart: White trash
Chicks looking for morning after pill: Obviously sexually active
Chicks at wal mart in BOSTON: Slutty as hell
And yet, he/she/it is still going....

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
You're just jealous because Im black, and therefor superior to you in every way. Including penis length, that is, if I were male.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
LordOpie said:
I guess the question is, is this a Federal or State issue?

How about this... any pharmacy that carries any contraception should be required to carry the morning-after pill? I mean, isn't it a moral/religious issue? Isn't contraception the same kind of "wrong" as the pill?
In answer to your first question, I don't know.

As to your second question, I'm not qualified to figure out what the regulations should be. It, however, from the state perspective matters greatly whether this is a religious issue or not. Part of the first amendment and the equal protection clause of the 14th (I think that's the one) would prohibit Walmart from exerting a religious view on its customers in an area that is regulated by the state.

As for whether contraception is the same kind of "wrong" as the pill, that would certainly depend. I assume you mean from a religious standpoint, and I'm sure a Catholic would say that it is. I'm not sure that all the Protestant sects would agree, however.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I think it's funny that suddenly people have decided that Walmart has morals :D

Walmart cares about one thing: making money. NOTHING ELSE.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Echo said:
I think it's funny that suddenly people have decided that Walmart has morals :D

Walmart cares about one thing: making money. NOTHING ELSE.
Is that why they wont sell CD's with curse words? For more money?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
BurlyShirley said:
Is that why they wont sell CD's with curse words? For more money?
Are CD's with curse words immoral? Hell, they sell DVD's with curse words. I think their CD policy is just based on stupidity, not morals.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
It may be stupidity, but it doesnt jive with the "they only care about making money" bit. They do it to portray the image of a "family store" which may or may not help them attract more business, but I suspect the morning after pill is a similar situation.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
BurlyShirley said:
It may be stupidity, but it doesnt jive with the "they only care about making money" bit. They do it to portray the image of a "family store" which may or may not help them attract more business, but I suspect the morning after pill is a similar situation.
Walmart customers are probably in general the most likely to seek the morning after pill. Must be a small margin on those suckers.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Echo said:
Walmart customers are probably in general the most likely to seek the morning after pill. Must be a small margin on those suckers.
Or, WM doesn't want to erode their customer base :devil:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
fluff said:
What's wrong with shopping at Wal-Mart? Enlighten a foreigner.
People have many different reasons for disliking Walmart and/or the experience of shopping there, a search of the RM forums should provide plenty of examples.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
BurlyShirley said:
What Burly said.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
fluff said:
What's wrong with shopping at Wal-Mart? Enlighten a foreigner.
-- business practices screwing small vendors.
-- firing employees who ask for health or other benefits.
-- unfair competition putting small shops out of business.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Echo said:
People have many different reasons for disliking Walmart and/or the experience of shopping there, a search of the RM forums should provide plenty of examples.
When I end up hopping over the big pond Walmart is the first place I wanna go. I have to experience Amerikaland in all its 350lb tracksuit pants barefoot glory. I get this horrible feeling though that it's going to be remarkably similar to what I'd see in Australia.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
LordOpie said:
-- business practices screwing small vendors.
-- firing employees who ask for health or other benefits.
-- unfair competition putting small shops out of business.
-- general population of white trash in the store at any given time

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
valve bouncer said:
When I end up hopping over the big pond Walmart is the first place I wanna go. I have to experience Amerikaland in all its 350lb tracksuit pants barefoot glory. I get this horrible feeling though that it's going to be remarkably similar to what I'd see in Australia.
Maybe. But from what I remember of Australia (admittedly I was drunk the whole 6 weeks I was there) it was one big party with hot chicks everywhere.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Echo said:
Maybe. But from what I remember of Australia (admittedly I was drunk the whole 6 weeks I was there) it was one big party with hot chicks everywhere.
The reality is much like that but the chicks really aren't that hot. Staying drunk was a good move...:)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
fluff said:
But they're cheap, right?
Fortunately, most monkeys have enough money to keep their ethics and shop elsewhere. Besides, we have a similar store here called Target. They're only a little more money and aren't as scummy.

In fairness, WM does do a lot of charitable work. Too bad they can't reconcile the good with the bad.