Quantcast

<~.~>Walk in the woods Wednesday<~.~>

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yep, really expensive. Getting a bandaid and moving on. Thing has been a giant piece of shit. There are lots of reasons folks want pre-emission trucks.

I average 5-6mpg with it. Neighbor with a pre emission truck is getting 9-10mpg. (That’s really fucking good for a semi not sure I believe it’s that good). But I still struggle to understand how burning more fuel but cleaner is better.
I 100% understand that. When your living is tied to up time for a vehicle, everyone is going to want something that's cheaper to maintain and simpler overall.

I also understand the flip side. Emissions are bad, mkay. More fuel + less emissions = good?

Last edited:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
I 100% understand that. When your living is tied to up time for a vehicle, everyone is going to want something that's cheaper to maintain and simpler overall.

I also understand the flip side. Emissions are bad, mkay. More fuel + less emissions = good?
There in lies the questions that I don’t know the answer too. Sure renewables like ethanol are moar gooder but the amount of fossil fuels to produce a bushel of corn is a lot. Does it end up being a net positive? Same for newer “cleaner” diesels. Is the lower emissions a net positive for the additional gallons of fuel burnt? Not sure if you’ve spent much time on a frac rig but the amount of fuel burnt to get the fuel out is a lot. . . A lot.

There in lies the questions that I don’t know the answer too. Sure renewables like ethanol are moar gooder but the amount of fossil fuels to produce a bushel of corn is a lot. Does it end up being a net positive? Same for newer “cleaner” diesels. Is the lower emissions a net positive for the additional gallons of fuel burnt? Not sure if you’ve spent much time on a frac rig but the amount of fuel burnt to get the fuel out is a lot. . . A lot.
Ethanol added to gasoline has been completely ineffective, factoring in pollution created by creating the ethanol...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
If anyone recalls me posting last year about my wife and I being out riding and seeing a driver deliberately run over two cyclists going in the other direction and fleeing the scene - that person took a plea deal this week and got a 20 year sentence (so probably 6ish years will get served)...

Better than nothing I suppose.
Any updates on the victims? As I recall one was in really bad shape.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Ethanol added to gasoline has been completely ineffective, factoring in pollution created by creating the ethanol...
I was about to post the same thing. I think it was the Engineering Explained guy on YT had a good video on it that I watched.
Any updates on the victims? As I recall one was in really bad shape.

edit: cliff notes from the second link, only just took her first few steps a week ago from the accident a year ago.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I've developed a weird affinity for tiki culture recently. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiki_culture It's such a weird phenomenon. Like absolutely pervasive 50 years ago and completely dead now. I'mma drag the kids to Kowloon this weekend or the next for shitty sweet chinese food, blue drinks, and fake waterfalls
If you ever visit my little town, I’ll take you to my buddy’s Tiki bar. The drinks are expensive, but at least they have so much booze in ‘em you only need one.

IMG_7205.jpeg

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
i wonder if his parents drove it up from the bahamas
Silly, I have big dreams for this thing. When I’m done going to the track with it, I’m gonna put it on jackstands in the front yard, pull the wheels off, and leave it for eternity.

It’s the way….

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
New to me bike is together. The in front of the house first ride ritual would lead me to believe this thing is money.