Quantcast

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I haven't had much of a chance to post since I got into canada. I'll put some more pics up soon. Big thanks to whoever put me on the front page. My Mom saw that and she's very proud.

w00dy

Jun 18, 2004
Ok, time for some north shore pics. I went to Seymour mountain on a rainy day and had a total blast. I guess it was opening day for CBC, the highest trail, which had been under snow up until then. The level of work that goes into these trails it immense.

Anyways...

I didn't hit this, since I was alone.

Hard to tell from the photo, but this rocky roll-in was about 6' tall.

Crooked Tree!!

And the rest of these photos are all the same bridge.

I started giggling half way through because I couldn't believe it was still going.
OMFGWTFBBQ, so much fun. More pics soon.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Gahh....I hadn't seen this thread. It would of been awesome to hook up for a few trail rides while you were passing through Seattle....or at least a couple beers.

You in Whistler through the middle or end of June? I've been looking for a better excuse to tell the wife to get up there for a Saturday than just to ride alone...

Oct 9, 2006
That log is awesome...it goes over a creek.....I think they call it the millennium log ride.

Looks like you have had pretty cool trip so far. What is the plan of action for a return trip. And how long will you be in whistler? The best and cheapest showers are at the riverside campground and only cost a Loony. Definitely check out Squamish for some awesome off Whistler riding as well as some of the trails in Pemberton.

PM me for some of cool hints about living on the cheap in Whistler.

w00dy

Jun 18, 2004
After my month is up I'll probably try to live as close as possible to the border for a little while. Are there any good mountains with summer programs in the north end of Washington state?

w00dy

Jun 18, 2004
Ok, finally managed to peel myself away from the bike long enough to take some shots of whistler. The trails are sooo much fun. I couldn't have picked a better bike for the terrain either. Enough talk, time for some pictures.

Crank it up is a fun, fast easy warm up trail. Sweet little wallride section:

For those of you seeking something a bit more technical:

And then there's A Line. I have no words for just how much fun this trail is. For those of you familiar with Diablo, It's like Dominion, but better laid out, and 4 times as long.

Edit: Couldn't Resist.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
did you buy a season or extended pass, or are you just buying day passes for the times you're up there? trails look awesome, thanks for the video.

I can't head up there as I recently found a position and they want me to start asnap. Wish I could, believe me.

I did, however, get the 26er to work on the back of my bike. Sadly, I don't have a spare 26" gazzi. Meaning I have 4-5 2.6" 24" gazzis. I wish I had given you like 4 before you left...sorry I forgotted. What are you riding on now?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
oh PS I bought a hardtail, a schwinn homegrown for trailbike usage. Found it on CL, seemed like a really good deal. It's mint. Cable v-brakes too.

w00dy

Jun 18, 2004
No to 1up you, but I've just made a couple of good scores myself.

The first score puts be back within reach of easy internet access. Something I've been starving for. There's a local used/broken/salvation army type store nearby. I managed to score a busted up, but still totally useable laptop. All I had to do was buy a charger for it. To put the icing on the cake, I was able to guess the password on my fourth try. I didn't even have to reformat! Thank you, you heavy-handed tourist, for choosing 'password' as your password. I am in your debt. Christ, this thing is better equipped than the desktop I left at home!

Oh, and I'm a set of brakes and a chain from putting together a loaner bike. Outdated parts are like water around here.

Last edited:

w00dy

Jun 18, 2004
There was an amateur slopestyle comp on the boneyard the other day. A bunch of my photos were whited-out because it was so sunny. Here are some of the better ones in no particular order.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Absolutely Fantastic!!! I've given rep until I can't give any more.

I love looking through these pictures, following you path through the country. Its awesome.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
May I save some of your pictures as desktops? I couldn't imagine why you'd have a problem with it, but I wanted to ask anyway. You must be having the time of your friggin life.

Let the EPIC AMOUNTS OF WIN continue!!

w00dy

Jun 18, 2004
I'm flattered. Save all the pics you like, just give credit where it's due if anyone asks.

I'm kinda disappointed because some of the best shots were ruined because I didn't have the light settings right.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Very cool! Shows me just how small Hawaii really is. I gotta get out and do something like this one day before i get frozzen and woked up in 3030. Great pictures too.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
incredible woody, i what trail at whistler was that where you wrote 'if you need something more technical', i thought i hit almost everything but i dont know i got that one with the berms and the big rock roll in

i want toe be sure to hit that this season, let me know...

The shore is a bit more sketch in person aint it? You look like you were riding in the same conditions as i did when i was there, greasy and sketch...ride on

TA..

!
Aug 21, 2007
Bionics department
What a great thread, road trips are the bestest!

Fantastic pix, and great rigs, esspecially the BMW and ToP, :clapping: nice work on the rig carrier, how many bikes can we get in a Civic on a nationwide road trip classic:monkeydance:

Hope Woody hasn't got lost up there in the Whistle, I know I would, I'd never come home!

Enjoy woody, where all looking for the updates but no rush, keep ripping the Cannooks:cheers:

w00dy

Jun 18, 2004
Sorry for the long stretch with no pictures. I've been enjoying the area as you can imagine. I managed to get a gig doing a bit of driving for the Camp of Champions in exchange for a lift ticket and some schwag.
In my free time I built up that BB7 for my friend Marie-Eve. We hit the mountain yesterday for her first time downhilling. Needless to say, she killed it. I'll let the pictures do the talking though.

Ready to Rock

That brown lump is a bear.

Sweet helmet head.

This doesn't show it, but there's a steep wallride/drop back to the path.

M-E ripping.

For some reason there's a big ass treehouse on the hill. She decided to climb on the roof.

Sorry for the white balance on the last two. I did the best I could to recover them.
Standard-issue bridge drop.

It's hard to tell, but this is a jump onto the top of a cargo container. Pretty badass.

Grainy video of Marie-Eve rolling a steep rocky section.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Thanks for new pics. We are selfish buggers here stuck at home/work/any place other than where you are.

Cool on the driving gig.

Your buddy is RAD! Can't believe that's her first time DHing and she did that ladder ramp thingy. Badass indeed. She a BMXer?

w00dy

Jun 18, 2004
Okay, I've had some pretty badass pics taken on this trip, but I'm pretty sure the next couple rank at the top of the list. I woke my friend Marie-Eve up at 6:30 to take this photo for me. We had to beat the traffic because the run-in is on a busy street. Enough description, here it is:

The bricks are a bit slippery when wet and I promptly washed out when I landed back on the transition. I re-opened a scrape on my arm doing that. Looks worse than it is.