Quantcast

Walked around town and took pictures today...

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
And here are the best ones. Let me know which ones you think are best. I just happened to catch the church in the sunrise. :) The courthouse looked pretty cool too, I have never looked straight at it like that before.

:monkey:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
The first church shot would be cool about an hour earlier, so you get the color of the sunrise, it would be sweet.

The mossy bridge is realy cool, but next time grab a tripod and try to get a 1sec or longer exposuer, maby a neutral density filter and go up to 4 or 5 seconds, the water will be a complete blur. It looks realy cool, especialy if you get some orange and red highlights in the water.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
If I had taken the shot of the church an hour earlier it would still have been dark outside. ;) But I know what you mean. There would not have been much color in the sky anyway, since that view is looking the opposite direction that the sun rises in. I really did want a tripod today to get some shots, but I was in town mainly on other buisness for school and I didnt bring it. Maybe next time though. I took some shots of just the waterfall using the bridge's rail as a resting place, I got up to about 5 seconds and all the mist in the air made a lot of the picture white (so you couldnt see the rocks, etc.). 1-2 seconds worked best. I didnt realize how fun it would be just walking around with the camera, I'll have to do it more often when I am bored on good days.

What do you think about the courthouse picture?

Personally, I like the church shots with the bricks showing their true color and the dark (mood setting?) sky.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
dwaugh said:
Sounds like you had a good time. :p
:D

The rocks were slippery! :cool: Cool little park though....went there on advice from the Subway just off the freeway a couple exits north.

Never would have known it was there otherwise. :thumb:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
RhinofromWA said:
I have been on that bridge :D

Fell into the water above the falls too. :o:
There's some great swimming holes just above there. And just to the right of the bridge there is an awesome runoff chute that is a great makeshift water-slide. We used to ride down it on skimboards until they put metal grates in the way.

Great shot of the courthouse too, Dave. I remember our dads working on that back in the day, with the cross-fiasco.