Quantcast

Walker

BoomSplat

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
maplevalley
Has anyone heard of a section of walker being closed for motorcycles, and only being open for bicycles , sweet if this is true, dher unite.

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
"Glum" checking in.

I've done alot of DNR sanctioned JEEP trail building at Walker over the last five years or so and I say "impossible".Walker has over 30 miles of Moto use trail ,that is MOTO ONLY no JEEP.The 4wd trail totals only about 3 miles and the newest 1 1/2 mile section is clearly marked NO DIRTBIKE/QUAD and yet the dirtbikes still use it and tear the $hit out of it regardless of how many signs are put up.There is a DNR enforcement officer at Walker from time to time but not enough of a presence(in the trail system) to regulate misuse by the users.Some of the oldtimers will remeber 8 or 9 years ago when the OLY and KAISER trails,on Galbraith, first got completely destroyed by the dirtbikes and were basically unrideable for some time.Then Wunderland got built and immediatly got destroyed by the the dudes on dirtbikes.Not saying that the moto community is the Anti christ just that it next to impossible to regulate useage,especally on the honor system.I'll check with my DNR contacts and see whats up but............................highly doubtfull.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
The only way to have a no Moto mountain bike trail is to make the entrance too narrow and too steep for dirt bikes to ride. Only the boldest moto guys will try to ride it. That was the case on houseman trail at jones creek, dirt bikes couldn't get into it and the few that actually made it had to go through a lot of effort.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Thats what we thought about Duvall. Until one day we came and found ruts going up most of the trail. I'll give them credit for having the skill to make it up, but they sure ripped the s##t out of the trail.
I won't even mention the crawler going "over" the middle section........

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
I won't even mention the crawler going "over" the middle section........[/QUOTE said:
Easy there Thundermuffin!!! :nope: Don't even lump the Redneck dip$****, in his open diff muscle truck, in with the likes of myself and other professional rock crawler drivers! The middle section wouldn't even slow my comp rig down and there would be NO reason to tear it up with tire spin.If I drove over it you wouldn't even know 'cept for the flat grass and bushes :mumble: Thats it I've had it,we're fighting after school!

J/k.........I :love: Trailhacker

jeepmauler said:
I won't even mention the crawler going "over" the middle section........[/QUOTE said:
Easy there Thundermuffin!!! :nope: Don't even lump the Redneck dip$****, in his open diff muscle truck, in with the likes of myself and other professional rock crawler drivers! The middle section wouldn't even slow my comp rig down and there would be NO reason to tear it up with tire spin.If I drove over it you wouldn't even know 'cept for the flat grass and bushes :mumble: Thats it I've had it,we're fighting after school!

J/k.........I :love: Trailhacker

hahahahah..THUNDERMUFFIN!!! now thats a werd I need to use more!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
zane said:
....houseman trail at jones creek....
[edit]This is trailhacker....[/edit]
I have some helmet cam footage somewhere from the last time we were supposed to be able to race that trail. We showed up at like 6:00 in the morning and built little jumps over all the tank traps on the long road sections, just big enough to get over them.
We get to the top all tired from digging for a few hours on race morning to find out we wouldn't be racing that trail.
After the race and awards me and Ethan had Adam meet us at the bottom of the trail and we made a run down the house trail with helmet cam rolling. We had to hit everything fresh with no practice as we would only get one run. No biggy to Ethan, but one of the bravest things I have ever done - some of those traps were pretty big. Just tried to keep up with Ethan as best I could and if he made it, I made it too!

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
We used to ride North Trail all the time but the timber sale kinda buggered that up. I'll never be able to look at trailhacker in the same light. Thundermuffin! Woot Woot

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Galbraith is now only legal for hikers, bikers, and horseback riders, no motorcycles anymore. They still go up from time to time, but they have their own areas on the far edge of the mountain where no bikers go.

Jul 29, 2004
Northern Washington
I agree with Jeepmauler,
its frustrating when people give a certain group a bad rep..(dirt bikers, people with 4x4s) i have a mountain bike, a dirtbike, and a 4x4, the bike only goes to the local track (not on galbraith or anything) and I dont take my truck on mountain bike trails or anywhere it doesnt belong.