Quantcast

Walking home from the store with beer...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
...and I get bit by the neighbor's dog a block from my house.

Nice fat puncture wound on my calf, surrounded by a nice 4" wide bruise.

I love dogs.

Bad dog owners suck ass.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
My pale yet manly leg before the bruising.

Dog bites hurt!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
DaveW said:
Shoot the mongrel!:mumble: :mad:
We called animal control, they put the dog under house arrest.

:rolleyes:

The fvcked up thing is we've met the neighbors, they are really nice. It's their fathers dog, they were getting out of a car in the driveway and he went for my leg as we were walking by. I guess we startled the old dog and he was protecting the old man.

I did think of asking animal control to have them BOTH destroyed.
:)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ciaran said:
It's only a flesh wound.
It's no big deal, but now I need to go in and get a Td booster shot tomorrow, it's been 7 years since I had one but the animal control officer strongly recommended getting another.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
WTF were you doing walking home from a beer run when it's now official RM policy to ride a chopper or cruiser to the liqour store? Sheesh, someone hasn't been paying attention...

dirtyamerican

Monkey
Jan 15, 2005
at my own freeride trail
You better be asking the neighbors for some paperwork showing that the dog is up to date on the rabies vaccine. That 15 year old just died from rabies in Minnesota or wherever. If you start showing symptoms, get yourself to the doctor asafp!

Btw, excellent choice in beer! Ales/ipa's rule.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
H8R said:
...and I get bit by the neighbor's dog a block from my house.

Nice fat puncture wound on my calf, surrounded by a nice 4" wide bruise.

I love dogs.

Bad dog owners suck ass.
That's what Escalades are for. The three block jaunt to the liquor store.

Dog bites are gravy. Cat bites suck.

Getting bit by an Iguana which required six stitches to close the wound really sucked.

Sorry you got bit.

I was on a somewhat pointless 20 mile ride in the rain yesterday when I heard a dog bark - I don't know what the hell it was, but it was just scrunching under a rail fence to come at me - 160# maybe, reddish brown fur, great big mastiff face. I said hello and it watched me go by.

J

JRB

Bummer dude - I REALLY hope that you don't have to have any thing other than the booster for shots. I hope the dog is clean. So the people watched it bite you? People need to learn to control dogs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dirtyamerican said:
You better be asking the neighbors for some paperwork showing that the dog is up to date on the rabies vaccine. That 15 year old just died from rabies in Minnesota or wherever. If you start showing symptoms, get yourself to the doctor asafp!

Btw, excellent choice in beer! Ales/ipa's rule.
I'd actually be more worried about the dog catching rabies from H8R.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
If you didn't at least rat your neighbors out to the pound you should at least print up a picture of your leg and show it to them. Then drop down and bite their leg.

Really if theirs no consequence or at least a notification to your neighborst that this at least happened, then there's nothing to be learned from. And if some kid gets it that'll just not be good....

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
C'mon, look at that juicy white leg. Who here wouldn't have done the same thing!? No jury in the land would convict that dog.

J

JRB

Some folks stalled in a really tech rock garden today. I unclipped and slipped on a rock. Right next to that rock was a guy, that was very nice, with a very well trained pit. I am only assuming that had I fallen, I would have landed on the dog. I am certain that would have resulted in a dog attack. I wouldn't be able to blame the dog. Not at all a gripe, but I think if I stalled with a guy, a dog, a guy and a kid, I would tell people behind me to watch out, if it were in a blind corner.

funkysausage

Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
Oak Lawn, Illinois
When I was 5 I got bit by a Doberman from down the street. All in all it required about 150 stitches, and a half face lift. To this day little feeling on the right side. My dad then casually walked over and shot the dog. Dog bites suck!

May 13, 2006
funkysausage said:
When I was 5 I got bit by a Doberman from down the street. All in all it required about 150 stitches, and a half face lift. To this day little feeling on the right side. My dad then casually walked over and shot the dog. Dog bites suck!
your dad is an asshole:) :mumble: :redhot:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Cooter Brown said:
you should sue their homoner's insurance:), it's not like you have anything against the neighbor, but the dog did latch on to you, and that is what you carry it for. something to look into
If I needed stitches or an emergency room visit, maybe.

I do need a shot now, but I would be getting one in a couple years anyway.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ciaran said:
C'mon, look at that juicy white leg. Who here wouldn't have done the same thing!? No jury in the land would convict that dog.

No kidding. I am fvcking delicious!