Quantcast

Walnut ride TODAY!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
To anyone interested, a few of us will be out at Walnut for a post work ride today. The weather is perfect!

Charlie, Brian, Fokey, Matt... any of you guys down?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Virginia: #1 state for mangling rear derailers and hangers.

I'm on hanger #4 and RD #3 for THE YEAR already :rolleyes:

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
im on just finished my bike and it is kick ass sorry I couldent ride woody I would have loved too. maybe tommaro at ohill? We need to meet up so I can get that pass.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
^^haha^^

Yesterday evenings ride was great! We ended up staying out there until 8:50 riding a solid 3 hours. I went over the bars pretty hard for the first time in several weeks. One of the others guys turned around to talk to Woody and in the process took a little spill too :rofl: Those trails can be a lot of fun if you pick the right routes. For an area that has dramatically lower elevation gain than anything else around here, it always surprises me how fun some of the downhill sections can be.

It was a great way to see an unfortunately briefly known, but great guy and awesome friend off. You will be sorely missed homie! :cool:

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
mud'n'sweat said:
It was a great way to see an unfortunately briefly known, but great guy and awesome friend off. You will be sorely missed homie! :cool:
(snif) Man Rich, now I gotta wipe a tear from my eye.
Thanks and it was good knowing you too, Dude! And thanks for meeting me for that last ride..... I have to say that was the best ride I have had at Walnut creek Bar none! Sorry I had to split so quickly aftrwards but from all that riding, I had to get something in my stomach!

Take care, Rich

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
bs fokey your on der hanger number uno for your new bike no one will ever believe that you are hardcore. Ohh and to the subject the walnut ride today was sweet me and woody hit up a couple of trails it was pretty good. I found out how much more effeciant a hard tale is on xc trails and how worthless soft tails were. my new bike is pretty sweet. We hit up the bigginer loop which is probobly my favorite trail much more flowy than the expert loop we also hit up the out loop that connects with the expert loop another great trail. My one disappointment was how bad the slippage on the blade (tire) is. I think I will be gettin a new one.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
Bearmntpicnic said:
bs fokey your on der hanger number uno for your new bike no one will ever believe that you are hardcore. Ohh and to the subject the walnut ride today was sweet me and woody hit up a couple of trails it was pretty good. I found out how much more effeciant a hard tale is on xc trails and how worthless soft tails were. my new bike is pretty sweet. We hit up the bigginer loop which is probobly my favorite trail much more flowy than the expert loop we also hit up the out loop that connects with the expert loop another great trail. My one disappointment was how bad the slippage on the blade (tire) is. I think I will be gettin a new one.
no i broke another one the other day. and i have upgraded to one of those kiddy deraileur gaurds off my sisters bike. so i have broken 2 so im on der. hanger 3