Quantcast

wanna be famous? - guy needed

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
soooo, i'm doing this thing, I guess it's a commercial for Taco Time (good, good, fresh, fresh!) and the guy asked me if I knew a GUY that would be interested.

He'd prefer someone non-caucasian but not crucial, just needs someone to commit.

They'll be filming all day Monday.

Call him directly at 206-200-6992, his name is Jens.

Get on it!

p.s. He said NO spandex, hooray!

details;

Here is a unique opportunity to support BBTC and also be a movie start (sort of). I'm working with a creative company that is filming a Taco Time commercial that features mountain biking. We're going to be filming this week for 2 full days. Hopefully Monday & Tuesday, but its weather dependent, so you would need to be available all week.

You would be paid standard union rates for extras in a commercial (about $160), and I am hoping that participants donate the money they make back to BBTC, which is a fully tax deductible donation. They need one or two good woman riders wearing standard mountain bike gear.

Be famous, have fun, and support the trails all at once!!! If you want to do this, call Jens on his cell phone TODAY at 206-200-6992.

DBR X6 RIDER said:
OR donate $$ for shovels, etc. for the unemployed trailworkers down there?;)
lol... Are you one of the diggers? I hit that place up once back in June, great place but I heard there's been alot of additions to it since. One of my buddies rides there weekly and he's a big fan of the table at the bottom and that big trail gap near the parking lot. He says that whenever he goes no one is around though, but I hear people talking about it all the time so I'm just wondering if theres certain times that people go or if its a hit and miss type of situation. I'd like to go check it out today again but I'm hackin' up a lung here, gotta love weather changes...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeah, fought of an early-season bug earlier this week myself.
Basically, we don't spend much time there during peak-summer...to damned hot/dry, nettles are over-abundant then, all the big trails are finally ridable and SST is teeming w/ mosquitoes during summer.
From now until late-spring, we will be fixtures out there. Until I get a job, I'll be out there at least a weekday or two and then one, if not both, weekend days.
Still haven't gotten addicted to the snow sports scene as of yet...still 24-7/365 on the bike.:thumb:

p.s. - a few new wrinkles here and there, but it's essentially the same place you saw in June...essentially.

p.p.s. - I couldn't do that shoot even if I did have MY bike...I'm more of a dude than a guy.:p

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
Yeah, I kinda laughed at that whole "giving it back to the BBTC" part. I think I'll pocket the money. If the BBTC needs my contribution, I'll go on a few work parties on the weekend, where it's not conflicting with my work!

Anyway, I'll let you all know how it goes!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
see, you have revealed through this post, megan black, that you are indeed the news woman on tv.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
I've been gone for a week and just got home. Is the possition still open? That would look sweet on a resume.

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
"see, you have revealed through this post, megan black, that you are indeed the news woman on tv."

biggy: i have revealed nothing! A real newsreporter wouldn't have to do Taco Time commercials on her downhill bike just to get a little airtime, now would she??

NateH: you might want to call them, we did some work today but tomorrow they are going to shoot some more, with more mountain bikers...get on it!

Today was a blast! It was interesting to see the work put into something like this, the director even got snippy with us at one point, even made a rude comment towards me, just like a real hollywood production! There were a couple crazy stunt guys who were telling us cool stories about their jobs. One guy did the movement for the recent "Hulk" film and fought Harrison Ford in "Airforce One". The other guy double Oprah once on the tonight show (?????). I have to say the best part was having a water boy ;)

So, it'll probably air in a month or so, maybe I'll make it into the final cut. Can't wait to see it put together. There was a really great shot of someone endoing, that's for sure going to be in there. Anyone else here signed up for tomorrow??

p.s. today was filmed at tiger mtn

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Cool! Good to hear you had a blast and, yes, hope you make 'the cut' on that spot!!!:)

Too bad they didn't witness the endo I saw a couple weeks ago just before the K.E. Camp - textbook, right down to the mud goatee.

I'll be there in spirit - I'll channel the vibes from down @ seatac...gotta' smack my bee-yotch up some before Whistler.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Doh i missed my opportunity to dress up in a cactus uniform and ride my bike down Iverson! :( Oh well i guess i can make my own cactus uniform and do it on my spare time.....