Quantcast

Wanna be part of study?

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
I am getting ready for my thesis on power-weight ratios for competitive slalom racers, and I am looking for volunteers for the study. I will be open testing on sat 28th at 2pm, thurs 2nd from 1-4pm, sat 4th at 2pm, thurs 9th 1-4pm, and sat 11th at 2pm.

tests: skinfold, BIA, underwater weighing(if tank is ready), 1RM bench press and leg press, anaerobic power test, and aerobic capacity test. all tests are administered on the same day, and they take about 2 hours to get all finished.

The study will continue through the calender year 2005 and will be testing around end of march, july and september. If interested pm me.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
FWIW, why not test vertical or an overhead med ball throw...something more releavnt to a power sport then bench or leg press? Ditto for the aerobic testing.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
The aerobic test is to determine Anerobic threshold and if there is a positive coorelation between it and power production. The CP and Lp are to establish maximum strength and how this affects performance.

Along with this data I will be tracking the indivuduals performance based on how they competed in 04 vs 05 and if the varianles played a part in the difference.

Unfortunately, not many studies have been done on slalom, but there is a lot of comparitive data from BMX. I will also be using some type of agility test, but the electronic wobble board is currently not functioning, and there aren't many sport specific agility tests for cycling.

If you can make any of the dates above please reply soon

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Can you imagine me and Tom doing that test? Ahahahaha! ROTFLMAO.
Are there beer/smoke breaks in between tests?

I wonder if I could fake my way through it like when I race. :think:

B

bigkonarider

I wish "they" would bring back "THE MILLION DOLLAR MAN" OR WAS IT "THE BIONIC MAN ?
:eek: