Wanna lower your blood pressure? Skip the gym and clean your house

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
:oink: :oink: :oink:

Housework Helps Sweep Hypertension Away
Sun Sep 11

SUNDAY, Sept. 11 (HealthDay News) -- Americans aiming to lower their blood pressure don't always need to hit the gym: According to a new study, cleaning the house, doing some yard work or washing the car may help do the trick.

These types of everyday, around-the-house activities have been shown to significantly lower blood pressure in people with hypertension and pre-hypertension, according to a study in the August issue of Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise.

In the study, 28 people ages 42 to 63 were asked to burn 150 calories during a 12-hour period working around their house. They wore devices to measure blood pressure, activity and intensity.

Researchers found that four hours of accumulated daily "lifestyle physical activity" cut blood pressure for an average of six to eight hours. In hypertensive individuals -- people with systolic blood pressure readings of 140 mm Hg or above -- this type of routine housework was linked to a decline in that number of nearly 13 mm Hg over eight hours, according to the study.

"The findings indicate that physical activity should be considered as an essential component in the management of blood pressure," said one of the researchers, Jaume Padilla, a doctoral student at Indiana University Bloomington.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
My blood pressure is fine. But I encourage any hot single chicks with high blood pressure to stop over and take advantage of the theraputic benefits of cleaning my house :thumb:

J

JRB

Echo said:
My blood pressure is fine. But I encourage any hot single chicks with high blood pressure to stop over and take advantage of the theraputic benefits of cleaning my house :thumb:
Nice - is this the only way you can score chicks???

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
loco said:
Nice - is this the only way you can score chicks???
You can't blame a brother for tryin'... but an old married dude like yourself has no business telling a single dude like me how to score chicks ;)

J

JRB

Echo said:
You can't blame a brother for tryin'... but an old married dude like yourself has no business telling a single dude like me how to score chicks ;)
Just because I am married??? I can still try to score chicks. I try every day with dh g. :D