Quantcast

Want to beat up an Asian?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Not another thread about ultranoob:

KESWICK, ONT. — The 15-year-old black belt thought he was doing his tormentor a favour when he elected to fight back with his weaker left hand.

He had heard his white classmate throw an angry racial slur in his direction after an argument during a gym class game of speedball, and now the student was shoving him backward, refusing to retract the smear.

The white student swung first, hitting the 15-year-old with a punch to the mouth.

The 15-year-old heard his father's voice running through his head: Fight only as a last resort, only in self-defence, only if given no choice, and only with the left hand.

His swing was short and compact, a left-handed dart that hit the white student square on the nose.

The nose broke under his fist, igniting a sequence of events - from arrest to suspension to possible expulsion - that has left the Asian student and his family wondering whether they are welcome in this small, rural and mostly white community north of Toronto, one that has been touched by anti-Asian attacks in the past.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090430.wkeswick30art22312/BNStory/National/home

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
No racial tension in Canada?

You might want to talk to a member of what Canada calls the First Nations (or, in the white vernacular: Canada's n******.)

Having said that, just because Canada has the equivalent of a racial yeast infection doesn't cure the United States of racial AIDS.

Monkey
meh, just with all the Canada praising from sweater-crazy Canadians, cafe-intellectuals and hippies alike one might be led to believe that Canada is the land of milk and honey where everyone is race-blind.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As much disdain as I have for Canada I don't think 15 year olds accurately reflect society as a whole. 15 year olds are basically just assholes with acne. The kid probably would have started the fight even if he wasn't asian. What I find disturbing is the fact he didn't just hit him because he was Canadian.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
As much disdain as I have for Canada I don't think 15 year olds accurately reflect society as a whole. 15 year olds are basically just assholes with acne. The kid probably would have started the fight even if he wasn't asian. What I find disturbing is the fact he didn't just hit him because he was Canadian.
Canadian 15 year-olds are better than American 15 yr-olds

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Canadian 15 year-olds are better than American 15 yr-olds
If by better you mean that they can take a beating from their chain smoking donut eating fathers because they have to wear 19 layers of clothes to stay warm then I agree.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
article said:
The day after the fight, an older cousin of their son's antagonist approached him in the school cafeteria and uttered a similar slur, compounding their sense of despair.

"He said, 'You punched my cousin you Chinese f--k,' " the 15-year-old said. That student was overheard by a teacher and suspended.
Sounds like a great family.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
"He said, 'You punched my cousin you Chinese f--k,' "
Am I the only one who has a hard time telling them all apart? :biggrin:

Was the slur calling him Chinese?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
That's why you always just kick them in the nuts. Then the audience cracks up and everyone goes back to their business.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I remember the first time I kicked a junior high bully in the chest.

The look on his face was priceless. He was a bit shocked, even more so after the next two kicks and a left and right punch.

Bullies deserve what they get.