Quantcast

Want to get into BMX racing?

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
I heard that this September there's going to be some sort of open race at the BMX track in Woodbridge... I don't have all the details yet, but I think it's geared at getting people into BMX and educating them a little about the sport. My understanding is that you don't have to pay race fees at this event... might even be able to ride a mtn. bike there on this particular day..... More details to come later in the summer. If you're interested, hunt around at the link below, or call Paul, the track director.

Just wanted to "plant the bug" in your ears.

NoVA BMX

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
It looks like it tried to go into notepad and create another file. I haven't looked anything up yet but it prolly creates a virus using your own notepad and then launches that.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Thanks. I had no idea (and call me stupid) that one could get a virus from surfing the Web--I thought they really only came through e-mail i.e. opening an infected attachment. Thanks again for the info!

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Also, it's weird that I used the words, "plant the bug"!!!! I used that expression 'cause a friend who does BMX was like, "Would you please put a bug in people's ears about this thing in September?"

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
Text from the BMX page:

Track Information:
This is clearly one of the best tracks on the east coast.

It's big, big jumps, big turns, big starts, big towers, big parking. You name it, it's big.

NOVA BMX Track Address:
7 County Complex Court
Woodbridge, VA 22192

Directions From I-66 East & West

Take exit 44, (234 South, Prince William Parkway, Manassas/Dumfries). Go approximately 8 miles turn left at light onto Prince William Parkway, East 3000. Go approximately 2 miles, then take right onto Prince William Parkway East. Go approximately 7.5 miles and take a left into the Prince William County Stadium Complex. Follow the road to the stadium parking the BMX track will be all the way back on the right.

From I-95 North & South

Take Exit 158B (Prince William Parkway West). Go approximately 4 miles, then make a left at the light to continue on Prince William Parkway. Go to the 3rd light and take a right into the Prince William County Stadium Complex. Follow the road to the stadium parking the BMX track will be all the way back on the right.

The track will not be open after races.

May Schedule:

1 Race

12 Practice

15 Bob Warnicke Race Scholarship

19 Practice

22 Race

June Schedule:

2 Practice

9 Practice

12 Race

16 Practice

17 Night Race (Thursday)

19 State Race

20 State Race

23 Practice

24 Night Race (Thursday) sponsored by

Lake Ridge Auto Care

30 Practice

PRACTICES
Check the Race Calendar for the practice schedule.
Practice starts at 5:00pm to dusk

RACES
Day Races
Registration and Practice 10:00 - 11:00am
Race starts at 12:00 noon

Night Races
Registration and Practice 5:00 - 6:00pm
Race starts at 7:00pm

Please note NEW times for Day Races in 2004!
RAINED OUT RACES will be rescheduled as needed.
TRACK OPEN TO THE PUBLIC during the week and on weekends when not in use by NOVA BMX.

Virginia State Championship Series

Woodbridge - June 19 and 20
Winchester - July 17 (night) and 18
Richmond - August 21 and 22
Hampton - September 18 day and 18 night
- day race and night race, same day

State Championship Final Race

Richmond - October 23 (rain date October 24)

Requirements to Qualify for the State Awards:

Race 6 local, race 4 State Qualifiers and
race the State Championship Final Race
use firefox