Quantcast

want to see a sick singlespeed?

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
Cool, now go ride it with a helmet on.

:D
I always wear a helmet these days..but back in the late 80's/Early 90's I was a freestyle Rat...did it all with no helmet (Flat, vert, street). Not saying folsk shouldn't wear a brain bucket, but how many of us survived sooooo long with nothing? Hell I didn't even ride my Mtb with a helmet until '97. Some of it is greater awareness, some our litigious society and some (most?) great marketing. I mean wearing a helmet isn't BAD for you right? And it can usually help...i wish I was in charge of Helmet marketing LOL.

SICK Mob man. I'm bumming I just sold my On One Gimp ...looked similar!

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
I always wear a helmet these days..but back in the late 80's/Early 90's I was a freestyle Rat...did it all with no helmet (Flat, vert, street). Not saying folsk shouldn't wear a brain bucket, but how many of us survived sooooo long with nothing? Hell I didn't even ride my Mtb with a helmet until '97. Some of it is greater awareness, some our litigious society and some (most?) great marketing. I mean wearing a helmet isn't BAD for you right? And it can usually help...i wish I was in charge of Helmet marketing LOL.

SICK Mob man. I'm bumming I just sold my On One Gimp ...looked similar!
Companies are marketing awareness. Helmets are just safer.

Sure, lots and lots of people "survived" with nothing. Still do. Look at skateboarders. Almost none of them wear helmets and they wreck constantly.

I have one occasion where my helmet absolutely saved my life, or at minimum kept me out of a coma. Anyone who insists on not wearing a helmet (particularly on a trail) is an idiot and I will tell it to your face while on the trail.

People get all heated and say it's their choice, but when you rock your melon and I've got to spend my afternoon asking you questions to help you remember where you live just so I can drive you home pisses me off. Ruined my day and that guys brain.

I ride bikes to have fun, not to take care of people who can't take care of themselves.

end :rant:

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
its a personal choice you damn jerk. who the hell think you are here? come on over to Seattle anytime wearing your faggot pink helmet & experience what a 3 ft long 2x4 will do to the little styrofoam helmet you insist on wearing. don't forget to bring your insurance card, bro.
seriously,
Mark Whitehead
Kent, WA

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
its a personal choice you damn jerk. who the hell think you are here? come on over to Seattle anytime wearing your faggot pink helmet & experience what a 3 ft long 2x4 will do to the little styrofoam helmet you insist on wearing. don't forget to bring your insurance card, bro.
seriously,
Mark Whitehead
Kent, WA
Just shut up, if it is so much "personal choice" then that is his choice and you should learn to respect it. Maby if you respect it he will respect your opinion. And where are you going to find a 3ft 2x4 on a trail, I find your statement to be not relevent to this conversation.

My personal preference is to wear a helmet, if I hadent I probally wouldent have a face today cause of the nasty rockgardens at Snowshoe.

So, just shut the fu*k up.

Thanks,
Specializedride

P:S LOOK HERE I CAN TYPE IN BOLD TOO!!!

and a semi-famous Quote that about round it all up:

ukjason said:
go f*** a horse

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
seriously,
Mark Whitehead
Kent, WA

Dude, Mark, calm down there buddy. No need to get all fired up about someone saying that helmets are a good idea. I agree with the guy. I asked some guy to put a helmet on because he was a threat to getting the trails closed down, and he threatened to kill me, steal "my ride" and leave me in the woods because no one would be able to hear me scream... What a dick.

Helmets are a good idea. It doesn't matter who you are, what you ride, how good you are, or how bad you are. I watched several people last night fall and smash thier heads, but were able to walk away and remember who they were due to their helmets.

My helmet has saved my life several times. I don't understand why people risk their life just to look cooler... Trust me, ditching the girl pants should be the first step in looking cooler, not ditching the helmet.

That, and girl pants are for girls... Haha

Ryancore

Chimp
Apr 3, 2006
cvILLe virginia
i gotta say im with Mark on this one....no helmet for me unless required. but if my friend just jacked his sh!t up comin off a gap, having to end my ride early is the least of my worries.

DSM

Chimp
May 21, 2008
Companies are marketing awareness. Helmets are just safer.

Sure, lots and lots of people "survived" with nothing. Still do. Look at skateboarders. Almost none of them wear helmets and they wreck constantly.

I have one occasion where my helmet absolutely saved my life, or at minimum kept me out of a coma. Anyone who insists on not wearing a helmet (particularly on a trail) is an idiot and I will tell it to your face while on the trail.

People get all heated and say it's their choice, but when you rock your melon and I've got to spend my afternoon asking you questions to help you remember where you live just so I can drive you home pisses me off. Ruined my day and that guys brain.

I ride bikes to have fun, not to take care of people who can't take care of themselves.

end :rant:
Skateboarders are cool.

I never wore a helmet until the sun became excruciatingly unbearable because I moved to the desert. I use it as a sun blocker, mostly.

Sure, I slammed my face into the dirt and crushed my styrofoam that would have been my head, if I wasn't wearing my sun-blocker, but I wouldn't have been getting all crazy if I didn't feel so safe in my brain bucket.

Maybe my helmet obscured my vision and helped cause the wreck. Maybe the sweat dripping into my eyes from over-heated-helmet-syndrome had something to do with it.

You guys with your verbal written attacks, are so "tough", huh? Now, I'm always gonna be watchin' my back for flying three foot two by fours as I'm riding trails in a helmet.

You wear "protection" when you're scared. You wouldn't use a condom with your lovely wife, would you? You wouldn't use pot holders unless you're scared of being burned, am I talkin' crazy?

Protection. You're scared. When I wear safety goggles, I'm scared that Sssit's gonna fly in my eyes. I wear a helmet, cause I'm scared of the sun, and I ain't gonna smear no spf's all in my hair.

Homeboy wants to scare everybody into wearing a helmet. Other homeboy wanted to scare him back with threats of violence with a two by four. I'm scared that I wrote too long for my first post welcome to the forums. Hello.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Nice Mob.

There is no good argument for not wearing a helmet. Unless there is truly not one person in the world who cares about you, it's also not an entirely personal decision.

Threatening violence against someone for wearing a helmet is one of the stupidest things I've heard in a long time. But I guess it's not surprising coming from someone with so much homophobia that somehow a helmet equals gay.

:plthumbsdown:

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
seriously,
Mark Whitehead
Kent, WA
If you don't have anything somewhat productive/intelligent to say, you are of no use on this forum. Go make people hate you somewhere else.

bikephans

Chimp
Dec 17, 2005
ATL, craving my home UT
nice mob.
wow with all the knowledge gain in the past 10yrs of what head injuries do I now wear my helmet.

every head hit i take now takes a little longer to recover from so I prefer to not be a veggie and not be asked what my name is.

ps. we use to not wear our seat belts too. but I heard ejection at 40 would be fun.